Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: SEN Mafia XIII: Tough Luck
SEN Mafia XIII: Tough Luck
Jun 29 2009, 2:45 pm
By: JaFF
Pages: < 1 « 33 34 35 36 37 >

Jul 29 2009, 4:59 pm Kaias Post #681

Quote from poison_us
Random question--if you're mafia, are you told who else is mafia as well?
Yes

None.

Jul 29 2009, 9:41 pm Dapperdan Post #682

Quote from poison_us
Random question--if you're mafia, are you told who else is mafia as well?

*facepalm*

Quote from from the opening post
The Mafia will know who all the other Mafia are, but the townspeople have no additional information.

None.

Jul 29 2009, 11:11 pm poison_us Post #683

Back* from the grave

I meant in the next one...but kthx anyways.
I knew there was an obvious answer--just didn't look hard enough :><:

Jul 30 2009, 5:27 am DT_Battlekruser Post #684

Usually, but not always. Provisions like that vary from game to game.

None.

Jul 30 2009, 2:34 pm Dapperdan Post #685

Quote from DT_Battlekruser

Usually, but not always. Provisions like that vary from game to game.

No, pretty much always. One time I had 2 mafia teams in a game (that ended before it finished), so each team only knew their own team. And when you do mafia don, I guess things will be slightly different. But in general, mafia players know the other players. Any exceptions to that rule would be carefully delianated as so that such a question as the one poison asked wouldn't occur.

None.

Jul 30 2009, 3:53 pm JaFF Post #686

Most probably, DTBK will help me run next game. He made several suggestions regarding the roles, which we will probably follow quite closely. Here is the 'raw' lineup:

** ROLES **

TOWNSPERSON - The average, ordinary townsperson. Their limited powers include the power of persuasion, power of intellect (clue interpretation), and the one-time dodge/save ability.
Power: Dodge - Allows the Townsperson to dodge one night hit placed on them that night. May only be used once per game, if and only if Save has not been used previously and is not being used the same night.
Power: Save - Allows the Townsperson to prevent one night hit placed on the target of their choice. May only be used once per game, if and only if Dodge has not been used previously and is not being used the same night.

MAFIA DON - The Mafia Don is the leader of the mafia. His role is public, and he may not be the target of any abilities, day or night, as long as at least one other mafia is alive*. He and he alone knows the identity of the mafia and the mole, though he does not know which of his minions is the Mole. The Mafia Don has one hit per night of his own. Don immunity protects him from being injured should he hit a Psycho.

*Exception: If the Mole is the only surviving mafia, then he and he alone may hit the Don at night, resulting a town victory.

MAFIA - They've invaded the town, and they each kill someone every night. Each individual mafia member has one hit per night, and knows only the identity of the Don. He may use his hit however he chooses, although the Don may wish to direct all of the mafia hits to avoid mafia killing each other.

MOLE - The Mole is a town-aligned spy who works for the mafia. Like the real mafia members, he knows only the identity of the Don. The Mole has one hit per night which he may use if he wishes; note that the Mole choosing not to hit may give away his identity to a shrewd Don. The Mole is indistinguishable from a real mafia when killed either at night or during the day. If the Detective investigates the Mole, he learns the Mole's identity (does not see a mafia).

The Mole and the Sheriff know each other's identities.

SHERIFF - The head of local law enforcement, the Sheriff has two powers. He may use both in the same day/night cycle, if he chooses.
Power: Jail - Locks up a player for the night. A player in jail cannot use his night abilities, and cannot be the target of any night abilities. Jailed players will be told that they are jailed, but the fact will not be made public. May be used once per night.
Power: Indict - Steps forward and accuses a player of crimes. During the day, the Sheriff reveals his role and accuses one player of mafia alignment. That player's role is also revealed to the town. If the target player is mafia, he is sentenced immediately to death. Otherwise, nothing happens. The Sheriff may continue to use this power once per day until he is wrong (targets a non-mafia), at which point he may not use it again.

Clarifications: Indictments are carried out in the end-of-day post. If the lynch victim is also the target of Indict, there is no lynch that day. Otherwise, the lynch occurs in addition to the indictment. If the Sheriff should choose to indict the Mole, the Mole is convicted and everything proceeds as if he were a real mafia.

The Mole and the Sheriff know each other's identities.

BOONDOCK SAINT - A vigilante aligned with the town who gets to kill one person each night based on their own personal suspicions. If the Boondock Saint targets a Mafia who targets him, only the Mafia dies. In all other cases, Mafia kills are processed first. They may not attack themselves. If they do not wish to kill anyone, they do not have to strike. The Boondock Saint(s) will have one combined hit as long as at least one is alive and uninjured.

DETECTIVE - Each and every night, the Detective makes an "investigation" of some sort. He may choose either of the following:
1. Learn one person's alignment and role. The difficulty lies in persuading others to vote the way they should.
2. Ask me how many mafia voted for X on any given day. This power may not be used on a mayoral election.

DOCTOR - Each and every night, the doctor may save one person from death. Should someone attack that person, the doctor will keep them alive. Doctors may protect each other, but may not protect themselves. The mafia may target the same person multiple times to get a kill regardless of a Doctor's protection (ie, kill, save, kill).

ELDER - The Elder wields additional influence on the votes of the town. Elders are otherwise normal townies that get to make a second anonymous vote each day by PMing me. When day ends, the final list of votes will be given with the included Elder votes and the lynching story. Elders may use their powers on mayoral elections.

VETERAN - The Veteran has been around mafia a lot. He knows how to survive, and gains three night lives. These lives are over the span of the entire game (i.e. not three lives each night). If the Veteran is going to be lynched or is attacked by a lynched Psycho, he loses one life and his role is revealed. If he has only one remaining life, he dies like a normal person.

REGENERATOR - The Regenerator can only by killed by two simultaneous hits. Think of it as him having a Doctor protecting him each night. If Doctor(s) are protecting him, the effects stack and three or more hits may be needed to kill a Regenerator. If he is attacked by a lynched Psycho during Day, he will survive and be revealed. If lynched, he will die immediately.

PSYCHO - If the Psycho is lynched by the town, he gets to take a player of his choice with him to the grave. If the Psycho is killed at night, the Psycho dies but also "injures" his killer, who will be unable to attack the next night. This is signified by reducing the mafia's killing power by 1 for that night. If attacked by a Boondock Saint, no effect unless it is the only remaining Saint (see Saint description).

SHAPESHIFTER - At the start of each day, the Shapeshifter is assigned one random role and uses their powers as applicable during that day or during the following night. Restrictions, if any are applicable to the role he accquires still. (ex, he cannot save himself if he gets Doctor.) If the Shapeshifter is shifted into a role that requires revealing (such as Veteran or Regenerator), he is revealed as a Shapeshifter.

Powers that Shapeshifters will be able to obtain this game are: Boondock Saint, Detective, Doctor, Elder, Veteran, Regenerator, Psycho, Sponge, Zombie, or Shifter's Choice (of the powers on this list).

SPONGE - When this person is killed, he "soaks up" all the hits for that night. That is, every hit placed is automatically redirected to him and he is the only person killed that night. This includes Boondock Saint hits. Does not affect other roles.

ZOMBIE - The night after a Zombie dies (by any method), he may rise from the grave and kill a person of his choice. He may ONLY use this power the night after he dies and may only use it once. The zombie will not be revealed as a zombie until AFTER he uses (or chooses not to use) his power.

...we may remove a few less important special roles, but no more than that.

None.

Jul 30 2009, 4:00 pm Hug A Zergling Post #687

Boondock Saint makes sense now :P I watched it last night. Sign me up.

None.

Jul 30 2009, 4:38 pm Dapperdan Post #688

JaFF, the last 7 roles you put on that list should be limited to maybe about 2 of them. That is just far too many roles. I would use Sponge and Veteran if anything. Elder and Psycho are the last I would use. And i think i might like a game without Boondock Saint for once.

Also, sign me up for next game.

p.s. you better let DTBK be your partner. he is by far the best choice.

None.

Jul 30 2009, 4:46 pm Ashamed Post #689

Hear me Raor!!

Well, i guess that all depends on how many people we get, I mean if we get a big crowd then none of that should matter. But if we don't have enough players, I would have to agree that is alot of special roles.

None.

Jul 30 2009, 7:26 pm Chubacca Post #690

awesome, can't wait to play, but the regenerator sounds kind of lame >.<

None.

Jul 30 2009, 7:54 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #691

JaFF, the last 7 roles you put on that list should be limited to maybe about 2 of them. That is just far too many roles. I would use Sponge and Veteran if anything. Elder and Psycho are the last I would use. And i think i might like a game without Boondock Saint for once.

Padding the town with relatively weak special roles keeps townies happier :)

None.

Jul 31 2009, 12:17 am AntiHero Post #692

hey i want to play

None.

Jul 31 2009, 12:21 am CecilSunkure Post #693

Yes, sign me up for the next game plz ^.^

None.

Jul 31 2009, 1:53 am Dapperdan Post #694

Quote from DT_Battlekruser

Padding the town with relatively weak special roles keeps townies happier :)

I guess so. But sometimes it's just too much. I'd like the new additions being made for next game to really shine. And with so many zany roles on the periphery, I'm not sure it will happen as well. There is also the issue of balance...

Just please, I pray you do not use the completely superflous and distracting psycho and elder roles.

None.

Jul 31 2009, 2:51 am payne Post #695

:payne:

These roles are uber! Very creative and all ^^
Sign me up for next game, though you'll need to make sure I know the game is "hosted" because I do not check the Null forum much. ;)
Your idea of confirmation via PM could be a good way of preventing such memory-loss to happen :D

None.

Jul 31 2009, 2:58 am Norm Post #696

I'm still in for next game, but can you maybe get rid of 2 or 3 of those special roles? It just seems like too many and it will distract from game play.

None.

Jul 31 2009, 3:22 am Chubacca Post #697

Quote from Norm
I'm still in for next game, but can you maybe get rid of 2 or 3 of those special roles? It just seems like too many and it will distract from game play.
just play it norm. lol, are you going to play it for the lulz?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 31 2009, 5:46 am by Chubacca.

None.

Jul 31 2009, 7:09 am InsolubleFluff Post #698

I like it. Will keep people on their toes.

I only dislike the psycho :/!!

None.

Aug 1 2009, 3:11 am Dapperdan Post #699

Does JaFF care to inform when we're gonna start this shindig?

Also, I feel like this topic should be closed...?

None.

Aug 1 2009, 7:15 am JaFF Post #700

I just decided to keep it open for any possible announcements.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 33 34 35 36 37 >
  Back to forum