Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Astrogears Tournament
Astrogears Tournament
Jun 17 2009, 7:36 pm
By: Falkoner
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Jun 19 2009, 1:42 pm HailFire Post #21

I'll join if possible, Commander_Fenix @ US East.

Last I remember I didn't suck too badly, but it's been probably a year since I've played this game.

None.

Jun 19 2009, 11:03 pm LoveLess Post #22

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Sign me up! You know I am itching to be in this.

My username is SafeReality@USEast

None.

Jun 20 2009, 12:19 am Falkoner Post #23

Mmm, can anyone send me ideas/link me somewhere so I can figure out how to do a 14 player tournament where you're not just out as soon as you lose once?

None.

Jun 20 2009, 6:27 am Vrael Post #24

Well, it depends on how its organized. Are you guys split into 7 teams of two? If so, just have it where each team plays at least 3 other teams, and you need at least 2 wins to move on to the next round or something.

If it's individual, split it into two random teams of 7, and you still have to play 3 games each but you get a random partner from your team of 7, and you individually need at least 2 points to continue. Just some ideas.

None.

Jun 20 2009, 1:49 pm Decency Post #25

I'm interested in playing. I understand the basics (Shields, thrusters, etc.) but I don't think I'm very good.

Assuming 14 players in 2 teams, you have 7 teams, meaning an 8 team bracket. You would need to give a bye to a team, there's no way around that without resorting to pools, and doing it randomly is fair enough.

Assuming 14 players in 14 teams, you have a 16 man bracket. Then you need two byes, again given randomly, and again not difficult. The bracket expands easily, I can draw up the 16 man if you'd like, but you basically just put two of these ones together and merge from the consolation bracket to the winner's bracket at the end.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 20 2009, 2:01 pm by FaZ-.

None.

Jun 20 2009, 4:11 pm payne Post #26

:payne:

I shotgun FoxWolf as my partner :D

None.

Jun 21 2009, 11:41 pm LoveLess Post #27

Would wormer and myself be a rigged team?

None.

Jun 21 2009, 11:43 pm Falkoner Post #28

Hmm, do you guys want randomized teams, teams where I attempt to split experienced and new players, or picking your own teams?

None.

Jun 21 2009, 11:51 pm LoveLess Post #29

Randomized would probably be best, but we should play one game before-hand together. See if the participants are... Good.

None.

Jun 27 2009, 9:59 pm payne Post #30

Loveless, btw, I abandoned FoxWolf (:P) and Wormer already accepted my invitation for being part of my team :D ;P
Gna gna! ^^

None.

Jun 28 2009, 12:40 am Falkoner Post #31

Teams are going to be randomized, I'm going to attempt to assign good players with the somewhat new players, and I should be posting these teams soon, because tomorrow should be the first few games.

None.

Jun 28 2009, 4:45 pm Wormer Post #32

Great! Falk, please could you put me to play first, because I won't be able to play June, 30. Also, probably I won't be available the whole day tomorrow!

EDIT:
I've estimated roughly time when I will be available June, 29, from 5:00 AM - 10:00 AM and from 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM (server time).

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jun 28 2009, 4:55 pm by Wormer.

Some.

Jun 28 2009, 6:22 pm payne Post #33

I'm at a friend's house right now... could you not put me in a round tonight? ^^
And how do you know who's good and who isn't? xD

None.

Jun 28 2009, 11:04 pm Falkoner Post #34

It's not starting today, because it's Sunday, and we should respect the Sabbath. Tomorrow I'll start, if you guys could post or PM me your schedules, I'll try to fit games into them. Also, xYoshix has dropped out, so if you guys can find a replacement player, I'd appreciate it.

Basically, I'll be splitting teams into testers and non-testers, since we have about half and half.

None.

Jun 28 2009, 11:06 pm Riney Post #35

Thigh high affectionado

Someone better remind me tomorrow, incase I forget to come ;o

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Jun 29 2009, 5:37 am LoveLess Post #36

Anytime between 5pm and 11pm Eastern, I should be available. Just send me a PM at least a day in advance.

None.

Jun 29 2009, 4:25 pm FoxWolf1 Post #37

I can do today and tomorrow: today anytime, tomorrow in the afternoon (2pm-8pm Central-ish).

None.

Jun 29 2009, 5:31 pm Moose Post #38

We live in a society.

Good to see that my dubious chances to attend have been taken into consideration.

Jun 29 2009, 7:17 pm Falkoner Post #39

Okay, here's the teams, I sorted them into two groups, "pros" and "newbs", and then used random.org to give me two numbers, and then I'd take those two numbers from either list and put them together to make a team, here we go:

Team 1:
  • HailFire(Commander_Fenix)
  • payne(bg-payne)

Team 2:
  • LoveLess(SafeReality)
  • TassadarZeratul(TassadarZeratul)

Team 3:
  • Wormer(Wormer)
  • l)ark_ssj9kevin(l)ark_ssj9kevin)

Team 4:
  • Falkoner(Falkoner)
  • Dark_Marine(Dark_Marine)

Team 5:
  • FoxWolf1(FoxWolf1)
  • xAngelSpiritx(ILikeKillAndYou)

Team 6:
  • Crimson Magnum(CrimsonMagnum)
  • Vi3t-X(Viet-X)

If anyone is missing for a game, Moose, or anyone else who is available will replace them.

None.

Jun 29 2009, 7:39 pm Falkoner Post #40

Also, I was wondering if anyone wants to have any extra rules, or if it should be anything goes.

My idea of extra rules would be:
No entering opponent's base(behind starting barriers), within first 10 minutes(stops rushes).
No killing enemy gears while on enemy side during first 10 minutes(stops rushes, once again).
No use of game glitches, that are obviously glitches(To be decided via replay.)

If you guys like those rules, or want to add more, please say so.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum