Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: Armor Idea for RPGs
Armor Idea for RPGs
Jun 13 2009, 11:20 pm
By: JaFF  

Jun 19 2009, 9:47 am killer_sss Post #21

if you decide not to throw in shield or if you wanted anyway you could throw in a miss attack which would be just like shield and have a extremly high number to negate everything.

Also with the shield idea maybe some shields block better than others adjust accoringly the number of loops that then gets hit.

Also you don't want to focus too much on one specific piece of armor. Late game 80% of hits coming to two areas would be very bad. Thats a bit too prioritized.
Almost need something to conteract this prioratazation to keep from ending up which nearly the same problem as before which was people not caring about the specific item and more about the shields it amounts to.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 20 2009, 7:42 pm by DevliN. Reason: No need to bring the fight into this topic.

None.

Jun 19 2009, 10:16 am JaFF Post #22

Quote from killer_sss
Also with the shield idea maybe some shields block better than others adjust accoringly the number of loops that then gets hit.
Of course, some shields are simply larger than others and cover a greater area of the body. That's easily achieved.

Quote from killer_sss
Also you don't want to focus too much on one specific piece of armor. Late game 80% of hits coming to two areas would be very bad. Thats a bit too prioritized.
Almost need something to conteract this prioratazation to keep from ending up which nearly the same problem as before which was people not caring about the specific item and more about the shields it amounts to.
I understand that. The example I gave was using 1/8 as the probability unit, which, considering the amount of body parts, does not give too much freedom to distribute the probabilities. Remember, it was only an example; in your maps you can use the probability unit of 1/16, which would give you greater flexibility.

None.

Jun 20 2009, 5:44 pm Pyro682 Post #23

I'm liking where this is going...

This idea has some potential. Make a test map!

None.

Jun 20 2009, 9:45 pm JaFF Post #24

Quote from Pyro682
I'm liking where this is going...

This idea has some potential. Make a test map!
I don't think there is a need for a test map - it's quite simple and obvious as it is. If you feel like, please make your own test map.

None.

Jun 21 2009, 1:46 am scwizard Post #25

Neat idea.

You could also combine this with EUDs to detect when shields 0, to detect when hit, which would translate into where hit.

EDIT: You could have stuff such as:
Being hit in the chest causes "bleeding" for duration, which is done using the direct damage system.
Being hit in the legs slows you down for duration.
Being hit in the head temporarily increases spell cooldown time or some such for duration.
Being hit in the arms will periodically cancel attacks for duration.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 24 2009, 3:03 am by scwizard.

None.

Options
  Back to forum