Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: FF - Burden of Gilgamesh
FF - Burden of Gilgamesh
May 22 2009, 1:52 am
By: Kenshin23
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Sep 27 2009, 9:34 pm CecilSunkure Post #41

Quote from Vrael
Oh please. Cut the "What you have to deal with can't POSSIBLY be as bad as what I have to deal with" crap. If he says he doesn't have time, he doesn't have time, and no matter how many essays you have to write, it's not going to change how much time he has.
Oh, the point of my post was more of to encourage him to keep going, as we all have obstacles. So if he really wants to finish his map he most likely will be able to (At least that's the case with most people), and I'd be willing to help.

None.

Sep 28 2009, 4:22 am killer_sss Post #42

Its all about priorities and his priorities sc didn't quite make the grade. Things happen and everyone chooses what they wana do.

Example:
Everything going fine and dandy and all the sudden father gets very ill and then need to take time off of work to help take care him.
In his spare time he will be taking care of him as well and because he still wants to have a life he spends the rest of his spare time with girlfriend so he still has one and his friends so they don't feel like he brushed them off completely.
Well looks like all the losers on sc 24/7 gona have to hate me cause i just can't make time to finish my map and still have a life to comeback to when my father returns to normal health.

None.

Sep 28 2009, 4:26 pm Kenshin23 Post #43

First of all, sorry if it seems like I'm "quitting"

I just REALLY want this map finished... I was thinking and maybe instead of someone taking it over.. why not just help me by lending me all this free time you have to write some triggers for me. Then, we could give you a decent amount of credit when the map is done. I just know any Final Fantasy addicts out there that play my map really seem to enjoy it, hell I even enjoy playing my own RPG until I get frustrated.

Anyways, If anyone is interested in lending me a hand with triggers (most of them are done it's just a matter of debugging and finishing the last 2 areas) some features need to be completed also but not a whole lot.

None.

Oct 7 2009, 12:22 am Xero Post #44

*Heart Attack*
Sorry I couldn't test much recently. School came and just kept getting harassed by homework and practice.

None.

Dec 3 2009, 4:02 am Devoren Post #45

This map has come a long way since October. ^^

None.

Dec 3 2009, 4:09 am PearS Post #46

ya sucks the screens arent up anymore. i would like to see what people are drooling over

None.

Dec 4 2009, 5:26 am Kenshin23 Post #47

I will be closing this thread very soon. I plan to make a new one in Map Showcase with a Beta of the game playable until the 3rd boss fight (out of 7 one being optional) When completely done with the final levels I will post the finished map in the new thread. All will be revealed in good time :)

None.

Dec 4 2009, 5:56 am PearS Post #48

seeing as how theres lots of final fantasy in this map i think it might be cool to use the "send a character to work" thing from final fantasy tatics. Maybe you could go to a recruitment office and take up availalbe jobs, then your character goes off for a while on its own and has a small chance to get some good item when it gets back.. iono could be fun.

None.

Dec 5 2009, 6:11 am Xero Post #49

FF Tactics was AWESOME! :D
But Kenshin's making really great progress on the map. It'll be an awesome team rpg when finished.

None.

Dec 6 2009, 4:10 am Kenshin23 Post #50

Updated the main post alot actually. I will continue Updating it as I finish the map and before posting in map showcase. Also while you guys wait for this epic masterpeice, you can try the maps I have made prior to this one. They are no where near as neatly done as FF-BoG, however, it's where I got my ideas and it's where I started my mapping career.

Enjoy! Talk to you again soon =)

None.

Dec 6 2009, 5:21 pm Norm Post #51

The one thing I liked most about FF games was the ability to equipt your characters with a wide variety of gear - each gear with some kind of special effect on your guy. Will there be any incorporation or equipment in this map?

None.

Dec 6 2009, 5:39 pm Kenshin23 Post #52

There is a very simple system atm but I do plan to make it alot more interesting involving changing your stats, random spell effects etc... There is a blacksmith placed in every town. You use the blacksmith to upgrade your weapons and armor. I will be adding 1 accessory slow as well with a few unique items. This is the list of gear I have set so far but like I said do plan to expand on it much much more.

*Like the Strength and Defence stats, buying new Weapons and Armor give you more minerals/gas to upgrade your unit
Wooden to Copper Equipment - Both 100 Gil **Both means 100 Gil for the Weapon Upgrade and 100 Gil for the Armor Upgrade
Copper to Iron Equipment - Both 350 Gil
Iron to Silver Equipment - Both 550 Gil
Silver to Gold Equipment - Both 800 Gil
Gold to Mythril Equipment - Both 1350 Gil
Mythril to Titanium Equipment - Both 1750 Gil
Titanium to Adamantite Equipment - Both 2100 Gil
Adamantite to Platinum Equipment - Both 2550 Gil
Platinum to Genji Equipment - Both 3150 Gil
Genji to Legendary Equipment - Both 4000 Gil

And like I said, I plan to added some defensive passive abilities to some armor equipment and some offensive passive abilities to some of the weapons. Also, to acheive your Legendary weapons there is a special quest you will have to complete involving finishing the battle arena "mini game" in the last town :bleh: But! Don't think it's going to be easy at all! haha

None.

Dec 6 2009, 5:48 pm PearS Post #53

it sucks that your maps are multiplayer only. they look really cool and i get it...it kinda plays like wow with all the classes working together. sounds epic. but fail for me cuz i cant go online much anymore =[

None.

Dec 9 2009, 3:30 am Xero Post #54

Lol, the logo is epic haha. Anyways, do you have the latest playable version? Since all I got were the rigged versions.

None.

Dec 9 2009, 4:11 am Kenshin23 Post #55

Yea, I got some playable ones.. Monk is almost done. All I have left on my to do list is to finish geomancer, blue mage, warden and mime and then I can work on fixing up the quests, bosses and little things here and there and I should have a full game able to be beaten.

Even after I release the official first full version of the game, I do plan to continue editing the map until it is near perfect or until SC2 comes out :)

Thanks for the support guys I'll be on B.net tonight, we can test the rebalancing I did and the other 7 characters spells.

None.

Dec 9 2009, 4:20 am Xero Post #56

Eh, I won't be on tonight.

None.

Dec 16 2009, 3:58 am Kenshin23 Post #57

I've got 3 more Jobs to complete then I'm nearly ready to release a full version, however, I wanted to get some feedback on the Blue Mage setup. Preferably from someone who has played my map, if not it doesn't matter all that much :).

Here goes...
Blue Mage will have to learn his spells from monsters (Yes! JUST like in the real Final Fantasy!). The monsters and bosses will have a total of ~20 spells that are ranked from level 1-6 that they cast on the players. What I was thinking of, instead of picking the spells for the blue mage, I would let him/her learn the spells he/she chooses of the ~20 monster spells as a player can only have a total of 6 spells.

I will make Guidelines on the main post under the Jobs section for each Job. Basically, Blue Mage will have to use the Action Button provided in the game at the exact moment a monster uses a spell, doing so will teach the Blue Mage the spell. So, if I was to do Blue Mage like this... his/her spells from 1-6 should almost always be different adding much replay value :)

If you have any comments, feedback or suggestions about Blue Mage let me know as I am tackling this advanced Job this week. Thanks.

None.

Dec 16 2009, 4:34 am Xero Post #58

HECK YES. Allowing Blue Mage to have access to that feature will make him VERY fun to play. Even I already feel eager to play as Blue Mage now.

Edit: Does this mean Blue Mage can learn that "scarab hell" spell?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 16 2009, 4:47 am by Xero.

None.

Dec 16 2009, 4:46 am Kenshin23 Post #59

I think it's settled then. LoL It might take me a bit longer now because I need to complete all the monster and boss spells first before finishing Blue Mage, but at least this way I will kill 2 birds with 1 stone :)

Thx for the quick reply Xero <3

None.

Dec 16 2009, 4:48 am Xero Post #60

Bah, I really want to play your map(unrigged). As in play, I mean test :P .
But bug squishing could always come later I guess.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 >
  Back to forum