Staredit Network > Forums > Clan Oo > Topic: Important News Regarding Oo
Important News Regarding Oo
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Apr 21 2009, 1:40 am
By: SOLAR
Pages: 1 2 3 >

Apr 21 2009, 1:40 am SOLAR Post #1

Due to inactivity (on bnet as a whole as well as mapmakers and Oo members) I am going to dissolve Clan Oo for the time being. Nobody is contributing, and everyone is quite busy with their lives. Oo will remain as just a hangout until the release of SC2.

I'm going to re-open Oo when SC2 comes out, and any former members are invited to join at that point =) Enjoy your spring and look forward to good times! I will leave the channel and this forum open as a hangout, but we will not be recruiting new members until we restart the Operation Onslaught project with the release of SC2.

Anyways, I am really excited about the clan and the great members and history so I'm going to keep the channel up for a hangout, and instead of deleting it permanently, I'm going to suspend activities until interest and activity is back with the release of SC2!

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 21 2009, 1:45 am by SOLAR.

None.

Apr 21 2009, 1:47 am JamaL Post #2

Good idea, but you may want to label it as a suspension, not a disbandment.

To my fellow clan members: take heart! This is temporary. It is entirely possible that, if we reach some degree of acceptable activity, that we'll re-emerge again as a live, thriving clan...but, for the time being, we're just a mapping hang-out channel.

To all others: feel free to hang out in the channel. All of us will still be there occasionally.

// Now, we await a post from Snipe, our glorious Co-Leader...

None.

Apr 23 2009, 12:10 pm CooL Post #3

We're all gonna meet very soon, I can see that >.>

I love our clan! yay~ <3

None.

Apr 26 2009, 12:34 am Snipe Post #4

I agree.. although i wasn't notified before hand.. This is the most logical decision. Hopefully sc2 brings us back together.. I am looking forward to it :D.

None.

Apr 26 2009, 4:04 am Excalibur Post #5

The sword and the faith

Oo did some good things in it's day but I am of the opinion due to the aging and general growing up of the members who made the clan what it was, coupled with the lack of recruitment of anyone high caliber enough to replace them, Oo will suffer the same fate as Mp). SOLAR, you took half a step in the right direction: Quitting while you're ahead isn't the same as quitting. You should've completely dissolved the clan and had it's legacy remain respected.

I doubt SC2 is going to do much for Oo, and the only way it can is if you wind up recruiting a bunch of newer members who have probably never played SC, know nothing about Oo, and are just there because HEY LOOK I'M IN A CLAN. And you know that isn't right.

But whatever, many a better man has made this mistake, and it shall continue to be made. Good luck, but it won't really help.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Apr 26 2009, 7:40 am BlueWolf Post #6

and are just there because HEY LOOK I'M IN A CLAN

Sadly, this is true. I have seen this happen to many times, no matter what game I play.
I myself, find it difficult to find both dedicated and loyal map makers, and the only ones I ever found were those that I kept track of.
The ones that I didn't keep track of, and instead recruited them with an already complete map, would hardly, or never again, finish another map.

I was never a part of Oo, but I find it sad to see one of the last map making clans worth mentioning leave.
Good luck to you all in the future.

None.

Apr 26 2009, 9:00 pm Snipe Post #7

Quote from Excalibur
Oo did some good things in it's day but I am of the opinion due to the aging and general growing up of the members who made the clan what it was, coupled with the lack of recruitment of anyone high caliber enough to replace them, Oo will suffer the same fate as Mp). SOLAR, you took half a step in the right direction: Quitting while you're ahead isn't the same as quitting. You should've completely dissolved the clan and had it's legacy remain respected.

I doubt SC2 is going to do much for Oo, and the only way it can is if you wind up recruiting a bunch of newer members who have probably never played SC, know nothing about Oo, and are just there because HEY LOOK I'M IN A CLAN. And you know that isn't right.

But whatever, many a better man has made this mistake, and it shall continue to be made. Good luck, but it won't really help.

Oo will not fall under the fate of Mp. Mp was not well organized and has died 5-6 times in the in the 5 years of Oo's prime. Clan Oo has died on Starcraft and for the time it will have on Starcraft 2 will be a totally different era. Starcraft 2 will unite past members and we will enjoy the game once again, but the clan will never be the same. There would be little point to dissolve the clan completely (channel, member list, ect..) Because it shows the past we have had and gives members (present and past) a place to connect if needed. Considering Starcraft is just a game, we can still have fun and hang out in the channel. The clan was what it was.. the opinions people have of our clan will either stay or they won't care.

Also, Excalibur.. we wouldn't have been where we were if we didn't know that. Thanks for the advice but i think we will be fine.

None.

May 1 2009, 11:34 am Vi3t-X Post #8

You guys are really "into" your clans. :P

None.

May 3 2009, 10:01 am DevliN Post #9

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Sweet.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 22 2009, 1:11 pm by DevliN.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

May 4 2009, 4:44 pm Lakai Post #10

I think you guys made the right decision taking a hiatus for the time being. The current situation of mapmakers leaves no reason for many clans if any to be around for the time being anyway.

None.

May 5 2009, 5:39 am Snipe Post #11

Yup.

None.

May 5 2009, 10:23 pm T-MaStAA Post #12

sad to see it all go, I know I never play anymore myself.. Hopefully allot of the more respected members throughout Oo history will comeback with sc2. Starcraft 2 will be a change, I'd like to see how the map editor will be done, if there will be one at all for that matter. Maybe Oo can branch into something new when the time comes.
I see no problem with the hole clan aspect. When I was younger and all the mapping clans were thriving, it seemed like more of a giant clan battle and that your clan was sort of like your army, the only ones you could trust. Now, it's just more of a hang out. I made some good 'friends' on sc because of Oo who I wouldn't have met otherwise. So even though clans are just for the "ooh look at me im in a clan!" aspect. It's worth it, its still a good time, if it will let me meet new people on sc2 then why the hell not start up Oo again..

None.

May 8 2009, 2:36 am Oo.ZeALoT.oO Post #13

We definitely had some good times...We'll be back for StarCraft 2... :bye1:

None.

May 10 2009, 11:12 pm Alkali Post #14

Hopefully I will see you guys around in SC2.
Still a lot of shit happening though

None.

May 22 2009, 8:46 pm Forsaken Archer Post #15

Do I delete this forum then?

None.

May 22 2009, 10:27 pm JamaL Post #16

I need to talk to SOLAR, but until then leave it up, pl0x. ;] If he thinks that it should go down (which means that we do not need forum-based in-clan communication), then I'll make the necessary preparations and PM you to delete it!

None.

May 22 2009, 11:35 pm Dem0n Post #17

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Aw, that'd be so sad if this forum went away. :( I'll miss those crazy 1-hour map contests and all those times that SOLAR was drunk... :P

May 23 2009, 7:16 pm Devourer Post #18

Hello

I don't want to create a new topic for this question, so I ask it here.

You all got so damn nice signatures, is there one artist among you? Or did everyone made his own signature on his own?

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

May 23 2009, 10:23 pm Dem0n Post #19

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

We've got a bunch. Jamal's good with art, and Ashamed made mine. Devlin's also really good too.

May 25 2009, 3:56 am DevliN Post #20

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Yeah, it really depends. At any given point one of us has made a crapload of sigs for Oo members.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Options
Pages: 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum