Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Please close topic.
Please close topic.
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Mar 13 2009, 8:34 pm
By: Lord Malvanis
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Mar 17 2009, 3:00 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #21

Just here for the activity... well not really

One last thing: Don't ever save in JPEG. PNG is muuuuch better quaility.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Mar 17 2009, 3:18 am Biophysicist Post #22

@Kevin, CAFG: I'll help with the SC TCG if you want. I can come up with gameplay mechanics and cards. And some other stuff.

None.

Mar 17 2009, 3:30 am ClansAreForGays Post #23

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
@Kevin, CAFG: I'll help with the SC TCG if you want. I can come up with gameplay mechanics and cards. And some other stuff.
uh no. So you think we really need someone to do all the fun conceptualizing work for us? You can help by suggesting ideas to bounce off of us, but I'll be damned if I let you just create the very framework of the game.

I have homework that I need to finish tonight, but tomorrow night expect a big run-down in another topic. I might start on it late-late tonight if I can.

Mar 17 2009, 3:34 am Biophysicist Post #24

That's what I meant, CAFG... I didn't mean that I'd take over, I meant that I could help with it. I'm sorry I didn't explain myself well enough. What I meant to say is that I'd be interested in helping by suggesting ideas to bounce off you like you said.

EDIT: Actually, I'd probably be better at card creation, come to think of it.

None.

Mar 17 2009, 3:47 am ClansAreForGays Post #25

I just want to say I have it all in my head the rules of the game and the different card types, but as for the properties and differences between individual cards of the same type - I'll outsource to the SEN community.

Mar 17 2009, 4:51 am ClansAreForGays Post #26

Just to give an idea of where I'm starting:

Card types - units, buildings, micro

UNITS
-basic
----worker
----army
-------possibly large/medium/small
-hero
BUILDINGS
-basic
----tech
----production
-special
----overmind, temple, etc.
MICRO
-(basically spell cards, like "Stacking" will give units like mutalisks a bonus)

I'm not sure where to put power-ups
It's going to be a lot more structured and fleshed out when I finish it Tuesday night, but I just wanted to post a simple Class-Object skeleton to munch on for ya.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 17 2009, 5:14 am by ClansAreForGays. Reason: I'll be eidtting this through the night

Mar 17 2009, 10:03 am Biophysicist Post #27

Sounds good, CAFG. If I may make one small suggestion, though: You should divide units into ground and air, for targetting reasons. (Eg. Siege tanks can't attack air.)

None.

Mar 17 2009, 2:18 pm Yawgmoth Post #28

Have you ever thought about improve the Starcraft gameplaying introducing mechanics like resource-stealing, or adding attachments (items, equipments) to units (remembering that you won't have, say, 50 units on the board at time)?

You may include some new, fancy mechanics to Starcraft as a card game....I guess that it'll be boring just to take out units and buildings with no other objective than ravage everything.....

I think that the use of tokens for damages and counters for gathered resources should be a good idea.

I'm also doing something like that (not in Starcraft, maybe someday), and I'm brainstorming several mechanics....

Just suggesting.......

@Lord Malvanis: I suggest you to develop your own mechanics, as you are making an all-new game card for you & friends. If not, your game may be tagged as Yu-Gi-Oh-like, Pokémon-like, etc....and that doesn't feel good.....

As an idea, for the creature you posted, maybe you can create a "propietary" casting cost method, paying with tapping cards, or a token generator as resources, destroying some mana card, etc.....

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 17 2009, 2:44 pm by Yawgmoth.

None.

Mar 17 2009, 3:45 pm ClansAreForGays Post #29

Sounds good, CAFG. If I may make one small suggestion, though: You should divide units into ground and air, for targetting reasons. (Eg. Siege tanks can't attack air.)
Oh definitely. I should have also said that it is by no means a complete skeleton.

Have you ever thought about improve the Starcraft gameplaying introducing mechanics like resource-stealing,
Oh definitely. While accuracy will be considered, it will take a back-seat to anything that adds diversity. Like resource stealing - there is no method in a game of SC that you can take someone's already-harvested minerals, but it would add to the gameplay if there was a card or a built in game mechanic that enabled this. Personally, I'm considering some 'infestation' options that the zerg never actually do in a game of melee.

Mar 17 2009, 4:04 pm Yawgmoth Post #30

Oh definitely. While accuracy will be considered, it will take a back-seat to anything that adds diversity. Like resource stealing - there is no method in a game of SC that you can take someone's already-harvested minerals, but it would add to the gameplay if there was a card or a built in game mechanic that enabled this. Personally, I'm considering some 'infestation' options that the zerg never actually do in a game of melee.

Sounds like fun. Sound like very curious card-types.....that's good.

Are you considering terrain-based mechanics? Like pre-selected terrain levels at the begin of games, inaccessible spaces for ground units, etc??

Perhaps you should post a thread with your game, if not top secret, of course......

None.

Mar 17 2009, 6:59 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #31

Just here for the activity... well not really

Ok, we're getting somewhat offtopic.

Keep the base factors to 1-2 (like attack, hitpoints) and give them all special effects

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Mar 17 2009, 9:09 pm Devourer Post #32

Hello

Dev, you do this a lot. Nothing personal but your grammar is also quite bad. And you make many spelling mistakes. I know you're not from the U.S but you really shouldn't criticize people.
The difference is, Dev doesn't have a hypocritical signature saying he's a grammar nazi.
Right.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Mar 17 2009, 9:20 pm Lord Malvanis Post #33

Please stay on topic, talk about SC TCG in a different topic.

None.

Mar 17 2009, 9:24 pm Centreri Post #34

Relatively ancient and inactive

MAKE IT A STARCRAFT CARD GAME, WITH EACH UNIT OR ABILITY HAVING A PRIORITY FACTOR WHICH DETERMINES WHAT MOVES YOU CAN MAKE PER TURN> FOR EXAMPLE< A HIGH TEMPLAR WOULD HAVE A HIGH PRIORITY FACTOR ON PSIONIC STORM< SO USING IT WOULD END THE GAME< BUT YOU COULD USE HALLUCINATION ALONG WITH HAVING A SIEGE TANK ATTACK ALL IN THE SAME TURN.

None.

Mar 17 2009, 9:26 pm Lord Malvanis Post #35

[quotename Lord Malvanis]Please stay on topic, talk about SC TCG in a different topic.[/quote]

This is my card game, not SC TCG

None.

Mar 17 2009, 9:37 pm Centreri Post #36

Relatively ancient and inactive

Oh, sorry. I was actually just throwing out the idea of priority/abilities in the most obnoxious manner I could, it's implementable SC or not.

None.

Mar 17 2009, 9:40 pm Yawgmoth Post #37

Quote from Lord Malvanis
Please stay on topic, talk about SC TCG in a different topic.

Yes, sorry.....

But, after you updated the topic I'm feeling curious.....Is this a card game? With printed cards and that? Or is it a board game with cards as support and a scale model of terrains like mountains, forests, etc???

You also talked about AI.......and design a map.....so i'm a little confused....

None.

Mar 17 2009, 9:43 pm Lord Malvanis Post #38

[quotename Yawgmoth]But, after you updated the topic I'm feeling curious.....Is this a card game? With printed cards and that? Or is it a board game with cards as support and a scale model of terrains like mountains, forests, etc???

You also talked about AI.......and design a map.....so i'm a little confused....[/quote]

Well the AI/player thing was confusing. By that I meant setting up a neutral player on the game board and using them as hostile, and yes I plan on trying to design a game board with forests,mountains, and plains. But I'm not sure how big I'm going to make it, I honestly have never done something like this.

None.

Mar 17 2009, 9:58 pm MadZombie Post #39

@TZ/CAFG:

Are you familiar with the "VERSUS" card game? The one with the marvel heros? Well basically they had a 'field' and that field had two rows. only certain types could be placed in each row and only certain types could attack from the close row to the opponents far row, etc. This could work with Air>ground or special cases like siege tanks can hit things nearby.

ON Malvani's stuff.

Did he post some work? people are talking about how he used paint and stuff. Can i see?

None.

Mar 17 2009, 10:04 pm Lord Malvanis Post #40

I removed my old work because it was so crappy it wasn't worth keeping it up. AND ONCE AGAIN (FOR THE LOVE OF GOD)

[quotename Lord Malvanis]Please stay on topic, talk about SC TCG in a different topic.[/quote]

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum