Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Please close topic.
Please close topic.
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Mar 13 2009, 8:34 pm
By: Lord Malvanis
Pages: < 1 2 3

Mar 17 2009, 10:44 pm Morphling Post #41

Picture

I made a little card using a card template. I'm not sure if it is what you want, but it seems good. If you want it I can pm you it.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 17 2009, 11:58 pm by Morphling.

None.

Mar 18 2009, 12:11 am ClansAreForGays Post #42

Last post here, continue @ http://www.staredit.net/topic/6724/

Are you considering terrain-based mechanics? Like pre-selected terrain levels at the begin of games, inaccessible spaces for ground units, etc??
As cool as it sounds, I want it to stay a card game, not a board game supplemented with cards. There's already a SC board game.

Well the AI/player thing was confusing. By that I meant setting up a neutral player on the game board and using them as hostile, and yes I plan on trying to design a game board with forests,mountains, and plains. But I'm not sure how big I'm going to make it, I honestly have never done something like this.
This is a perfect example of what I am avoiding.

Keep the base factors to 1-2 (like attack, hitpoints) and give them all special effects
I like the idea of using smaller numbers than the real thing, but I'm not sure if MTG's low values would work. I'm hoping values in the 10's will work.

Are you familiar with the "VERSUS" card game? The one with the marvel heros?
yes, but I'm not really felling it right now. I might take something else from it though.

Mar 18 2009, 2:22 pm Yawgmoth Post #43

Lord Malvanis: What can i say, you got a lot (a lot....) of work to do if you ar planning to make a board game supported with cards. I suggest you starting with the card game only, then apply all the multiple pertinent rules to terrain.....that are really many (elevation, obstructing probabilities). Also, board games usually makes use of accuracy for ranged attacks.

Many dice rules, many unit types, and damage percent because of distance are some of the complex point a board game must consider (imagine it now with the cards, that adds tokens and counters.....)

For a first try, I suggest that you make a card game based on Grey Griffins, if you start modeling a board maybe you'll get deceptioned if your advances are too small along the weeks (or even months...)

Good luck anyway....If you need help at developing certain mechanics or rules, just ask.

None.

Mar 19 2009, 6:45 pm Lord Malvanis Post #44

Quote from Morphling
Picture
I made a little card using a card template. I'm not sure if it is what you want, but it seems good. If you want it I can pm you it.

Yes I like this card layout. If you could send me a template of it with blanks where the information should be that would be great. I'm gonna stick to making a copy of the game from my book as seeing my idea will take too much of my time.

None.

Mar 19 2009, 6:46 pm Lord Malvanis Post #45

Quote from Morphling
Picture

I like that but can you make the outline of the picture a little straighter? I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be copy-pasting pictures inside it rather than making my own, but I will have some made by me (providing I can't find them with google)
I will stick to cards only, the game board can wait.

None.

Mar 19 2009, 6:56 pm Yawgmoth Post #46

Quote from Lord Malvanis
Quote from Morphling
Picture

I like that but can you make the outline of the picture a little straighter? I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be copy-pasting pictures inside it rather than making my own, but I will have some made by me (providing I can't find them with google)
I will stick to cards only, the game board can wait.

First of all, you must develop all of the game mechanics. Pictures can wait. Also, you should decide if the game will be board-based or card-based. All the things are extremely different between cards and boards.

None.

Mar 19 2009, 7:21 pm Lord Malvanis Post #47

[quotename Yawgmoth] Also, you should decide if the game will be board-based or card-based.[/quote]

No offense but did you not read what I just typed?

[quotename Lord Malvanis]I will stick to cards only, the game board can wait.[/quote]

None.

Mar 19 2009, 8:33 pm Yawgmoth Post #48

Quote from Lord Malvanis
[quotename Yawgmoth] Also, you should decide if the game will be board-based or card-based.

No offense but did you not read what I just typed?

[quotename Lord Malvanis]I will stick to cards only, the game board can wait.[/quote][/quote]

Yes I did. But I apparently misunderstanded and thought that you were planning to make first the cards mechanic and then add the whole thing to a board game. So you'll only work with cards. That's good to know.

None.

Mar 19 2009, 11:19 pm Lord Malvanis Post #49

Hello everyone, this is my progess after hours of fucking around with a gift from someone.

Here are my cards!
Note: BEST QUALITY WHEN IMAGE IS ENLARGED
[collapse Game Cards]
[/collapse]

What do you think?
Suggestions, Comments, Thoughts, Anything.
And I'm going to completely ignore replies that have nothing to do with my cards, or my game, unless it is a suggestion for them from another game. I'm sure you can see why.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 20 2009, 10:50 am by Lord Malvanis.

None.

Mar 20 2009, 2:24 am ClansAreForGays Post #50

Have fun playing versus?

Mar 20 2009, 1:18 pm Yawgmoth Post #51

Nice card frame. I can't find the cost of the cards. How is the playing card method??

Suggestions: Make use of that black string in the middle of the cards (in the wolf you typed "Lord Malvanis" there) to put the type of the card. Also, I suppose you are not going to use only creatures. Use the MTG macrotype "creature". For the wolf, "Creature - Wolf Beast" will do. Well, creature or any synonym.... or maybe subdivisions (humans, animals and ethereals.... for example??)

Good flavor text. That line "Type: Light" can be moved to the top as an icon. I liked the attk def position, good for stack cards. I don't understand the use of the words at the left of the card. If that is an important aspect of the game, keep it. But if not, try to replace it with game factors as cost, lifespan, etc. Try to use names that represent in a better way the procedence or expertise of creatures. "Wise man" is a little vague. "Adept Timekeeper" perhaps has better understanding, and also it has a relative with the creature's abilities. Remember that you can always use the flavor text for even more history specs.

None.

Mar 25 2009, 7:30 pm Lord Malvanis Post #52

Please close this topic, I'm going to restart with a new topic and ideas because of how off-topic this got, and its not really worth starting again in here because everyone will just head straight for a different topic.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum