Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Can The Matrix.. happen?
Can The Matrix.. happen?
Mar 12 2009, 11:50 am
By: ETEFT(U)
Pages: < 1 2 3

Mar 15 2009, 6:31 am Doodan Post #41

Quote from Falkoner
The energy breaks down into less useful forms, such as heat energy, which cannot be reconverted into an equal amount of useful energy.

With our technology, but this is a futuristic society.

If their technology was so advanced that they could convert raw heat to useful energy, then they would have no need to use humans as batteries. :P

None.

Mar 15 2009, 12:46 pm TriggR_HappE Post #42

No it's most definitely not possible. If we were in "the matrix", there would have never been a movie about it and we wouldn't be talking about it. The machines arn't going to throw a movie about the matrix into the matrix at the risk of compromising the whole thing. The architect guy is way to smart to do something like that.

None.

Mar 15 2009, 1:38 pm Hug A Zergling Post #43

Quote from TriggR_HappE
No it's most definitely not possible. If we were in "the matrix", there would have never been a movie about it and we wouldn't be talking about it. The machines arn't going to throw a movie about the matrix into the matrix at the risk of compromising the whole thing. The architect guy is way to smart to do something like that.
If we were in the Matrix, I doubt it would be exactly like the movie. They're would have to be differences, or the Wachowski brothers are the ones.

None.

Mar 16 2009, 10:30 am TriggR_HappE Post #44

Quote from Hug A Zergling
Quote from TriggR_HappE
If we were in the Matrix, I doubt it would be exactly like the movie. They're would have to be differences, or the Wachowski brothers are the ones.

Lol right. I misinterpreted the question as is it possible that we're currently in the matrix.

None.

Mar 18 2009, 2:26 am Hug A Zergling Post #45

Is this concluded? It's highly possible we're in the matrix?

None.

Mar 19 2009, 1:36 pm Riney Post #46

Thigh high affectionado

Of course. Its not like your senses could detect either you werent or were anyway.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Mar 19 2009, 2:47 pm Yawgmoth Post #47

I think that everything is possible. Maybe, both of the Wachowski brothers dreamed with a world (not necessarily this....) in which those events occurred..... and then traduce it to our reality (I don't think so... why them and not me.....)

But it is perfectly possible, although it would be pitiful to know that we only live as futile intructions for a PC program of some huge user.....or machine....

None.

Mar 19 2009, 5:11 pm ETEFT(U) Post #48

This world is a complex system as it is. Life seems to just work out even though you may be doing the most random thing, it was done for a reason. That's why you can't let your imagination wander. After all, its all in our head what we want to believe... right?[

None.

Mar 19 2009, 6:23 pm Syphon Post #49

Quote from name:B-ETEFT
This world is a complex system as it is. Life seems to just work out even though you may be doing the most random thing, it was done for a reason. That's why you can't let your imagination wander. After all, its all in our head what we want to believe... right?[

Are you suggesting a group composed entirely of female animals will... Breed?

No. What I'm simply stating is that... Life... Finds a way.

None.

Mar 19 2009, 7:05 pm Lt.Church Post #50

hasnt anyone ever played final fantasy 11? XD there are only female cat people and male big like..rhino minus horn guys, i suspect cloning for the guys, and artificial pregnation for the females, the genetic material coming from another female, of course their reproduction wouldnt be completely like humans nor their sexual organs so YA DUNNO!!

None.

Mar 19 2009, 8:50 pm Syphon Post #51

Accourding to scientists, there's a 20% chance. I don't buy it.

What is highly probable is that the physical, three dimensional universe is a slightly fuzzy hologram of a spherical two dimensional universe.

None.

Mar 19 2009, 9:07 pm EzDay281 Post #52

citation? That just sounds absurd.

None.

Mar 19 2009, 9:29 pm JaFF Post #53

Quote from EzDay281
That was a joke.

None.

Mar 19 2009, 9:43 pm EzDay281 Post #54

It seems a rather odd presentation of a joke to me.

None.

Mar 19 2009, 9:49 pm JaFF Post #55

Quote from EzDay281
It seems a rather odd presentation of a joke to me.
I don't find it odd, mainly because I sometimes make similar jokes.

None.

Mar 19 2009, 11:08 pm Syphon Post #56

Quote from EzDay281

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/14/science/14tier.html?ei=5090&en=22bfff4070a81187&ex=1344744000

None.

Mar 19 2009, 11:12 pm Demented Shaman Post #57

If that’s true, it’s bad news for the futurists who think we’ll have a computer this century with the power to simulate all the inhabitants on earth. We’d start our simulation, expecting to observe a new virtual world, but instead our own world might end — not with a bang, not with a whimper, but with a message on the Prime Designer’s computer.

It might be something clunky like “Insufficient Memory to Continue Simulation.” But I like to think it would be simple and familiar: “Game Over.”
That would be a pretty funny epic failure.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum