Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: Final call for scmdraft
Final call for scmdraft
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Feb 27 2009, 10:47 pm
By: Suicidal Insanity
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 1017 >

Apr 6 2009, 3:10 pm okeee Post #141

some usability issues:
- locations are often accidentally moved after checking it. maybe you can assign another key such as middle mouse, or key combination to move locations
- when a unit is selected, and change to another player the selected unit is automatically changed as well

None.

Apr 6 2009, 10:47 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #142

I see you !

Quote from okeee
some usability issues:
- locations are often accidentally moved after checking it. maybe you can assign another key such as middle mouse, or key combination to move locations
- when a unit is selected, and change to another player the selected unit is automatically changed as well
Dont know how you can check a location, and the second thing is working as intended.

Apr 7 2009, 3:05 am rockz Post #143

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

double click on location brings up properties box, sometimes that causes the location to move?

Press enter to avoid this situation.

I'd love some better scrolling options. Now, when I press the arrow keys to scroll and move the cursor, it moves very slowly. If there are a lot of sprites, this also happens, or if there is a grid active. The mouse wheel doesn't work either. I'd very much enjoy a ctrl+wheel to zoom, and possibly a shift + middle click to pan.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Apr 7 2009, 11:54 am Hug A Zergling Post #144

I remember I use to have a problem with the terrain pallet, I resized it, and it went small, and I was unable to enlarge it again. I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but this might be an error to fix. Oh, and mac support ^^

None.

Apr 7 2009, 4:40 pm rockz Post #145

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from Hug A Zergling
I remember I use to have a problem with the terrain pallet, I resized it, and it went small, and I was unable to enlarge it again. I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but this might be an error to fix. Oh, and mac support ^^
http://www.virtualbox.org/

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Apr 8 2009, 12:51 am ForTheSwarm Post #146

Once in awhile I will be unable to change the terrain. For example, I'd select "Dirt", then later, I would be unable to select "Jungle" or "High Dirt". I click on the other terrain, but the selection immediately turns back.

None.

Apr 8 2009, 6:45 am Wormer Post #147

Quote from ForTheSwarm
Once in awhile I will be unable to change the terrain. For example, I'd select "Dirt", then later, I would be unable to select "Jungle" or "High Dirt". I click on the other terrain, but the selection immediately turns back.
Right! This happens because the selection is done by releasing the mouse. The scenario is as follows: you click on the item but not releasing the mouse button yet, then you accidentally move the mouse out of the item and finally release the button.
I think I've reported this to SI somewhere later (not in this topic). This is very annoying. SI, could you make the selection done by mouse down event (not mouse up)?

Some.

Apr 8 2009, 10:24 pm Polkaman Post #148

no fail with Vista?

None.

Apr 9 2009, 7:47 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #149

I see you !

Quote from Polkaman
no fail with Vista?
Huh?

Well I've been running vista for 1.5 years now, and scmdraft has been working fine ;)

Apr 12 2009, 12:05 am Suicidal Insanity Post #150

I see you !

My text file with all the stuff copied pasted to sort through is waaay to long, but I think next is locations in alphabetical order. Cue requests to list them by locationID again in the future...

Apr 12 2009, 12:39 am NudeRaider Post #151

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Yeah, I knew that. Nice to hear that you're starting to get things done.
Whatever you do, make sure you make ScmDraft accept EUDs in the text trigger editor. Because this is currently preventing some maps from being produced as you can't mass create EUD triggers.

Next on the list should be all the minor fixes which can be done in a couple of minutes.
With all these done you will have added a considerable portion of user-friendlyness.

The last priority should be bugs. Get ScmDraft to be as stable and clean as possible.

If then is still time left, just go for what looks reasonable and doable. ;)

Godspeed.

Apr 12 2009, 10:42 am Suicidal Insanity Post #152

I see you !

Actually, bugs are number 1, and you have no idea what "a couple of minutes" means :P

Apr 12 2009, 11:04 am NudeRaider Post #153

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Well if you want it quantitized maybe everything that can be done in under half an hour.

Looked through the first page (so there are probably more), this is what I got and what I'd assume fits this category. I might be wrong with one point or another, as I don't know your code.
  • X/Y fields for unit positioning.

• Ask for compile on exit text editor (if not done so already)

• When browsing the wav list, play the sounds on keypress (e.g. Space). It's annoying to always have to klick on the sound and then on [Play Selected] to check if it's the one you're looking for

• Let ScmDraft open read-only maps, or give a appropriate message.

• When placing square terrain you can't aim for the middle of a square, but must rather point to the lower right (if I remember correctly), which makes drawing long lines annoying.

• No select profile screen at start OR only displayed when starting the first time.

• Make default color for text in the String editor cyan.

• Make the textbox for editing unit names larger.

Maybe I have another bug (crash on certain map). I'm testing right now.

And I hope you realize the potential that text based EUDs offer. You have to trust my opinion as an expert mapper on this. Text-EUDs are more important than ANY bugfix (for the mapping community).
You must not sacrifice it to for getting ScmDraft bug-free. Although I understand that from your programmer's point of view bugs are priority 1.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Apr 12 2009, 11:11 am by NudeRaider.

Apr 12 2009, 12:06 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #154

I see you !

Can you list the various actions which are used for EUDs again? Or conditions?

Apr 12 2009, 12:25 pm NudeRaider Post #155

Quote from Heinermann
Command, Accumulate, Kill, Command the Most/Least, Most/Least Kills, and Score can all be used. Since the player number is four bytes, you can pretty much read any memory after player 1's minerals at 0x0057F0D0.
Well of course deaths too, but that's obvious.

EDIT:
Preliminary bugreport:
Stacked map revealers (via the stacking option of ScmD) for multiple players seem to cause the crash mentioned above. Removed them and it's stable for like 4 hours now. Testing with a fresh map to confirm. Stand by...

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 12 2009, 3:01 pm by NudeRaider.

Apr 12 2009, 3:40 pm rockz Post #156

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

I mentioned earlier about how starforge handles triggers, via a config file, which you can switch between numbers/text. Deaths is really the only important one, as it's commonplace. The leaderboard for kills can be used to display most addresses after the kill table.

Apr 12 2009, 5:10 pm Kaias Post #157

I went through the thread and compiled a list of the ones I care more about

GREATER LIST

LESSER LIST

RIDICULOUS LIST

FIX LIST

Thanks for the awesome editor

None.

Apr 12 2009, 5:19 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #158

I see you !

Wouldn't just one of them be enough then, if it can read all memory? (for the EUDs)

Preliminary bugreport:
Stacked map revealers (via the stacking option of ScmD) for multiple players seem to cause the crash mentioned above. Removed them and it's stable for like 4 hours now. Testing with a fresh map to confirm. Stand by... <- A fix which isn't public prevents a very seldom crash with scanner sweeps. DO you have any?

EDIT:
- Sometimes when I validate in textual editor and save all the unnamed trings move up a number (switch 06 -> switch 07) <- Are you using the latest version? (IE the one only linked in the latest news on my site)

- When editing properties of a group of units you can select which of those you want to be affected. Make this selection carry over to the selection (red circles) in the editor (Unit Layer) <- this has been possible for many years.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Apr 12 2009, 6:59 pm by NudeRaider. Reason: merged posts

Apr 12 2009, 5:37 pm Kaias Post #159

- Sometimes when I validate in textual editor and save all the unnamed trings move up a number (switch 06 -> switch 07) <- Are you using the latest version? (IE the one only linked in the latest news on my site)
Ah, I didn't notice it had been fixed since updated my version. I had just manually named all the switches I worked with to switch 01, switch 02 etc to get around this.

- When editing properties of a group of units you can select which of those you want to be affected. Make this selection carry over to the selection (red circles) in the editor (Unit Layer) <- this has been possible for many years.
I copied a few from a list, and forgot to delete that one.

None.

Apr 12 2009, 6:53 pm NudeRaider Post #160

No, I'm afraid not. Let me show you:

Here's a small group of units selected:

Now I open the unit properties dialog:

And deselect the units:

But as you can see they are still selected (red/yellow circles around the units).
And they are still after closing the properties dialog.

However this has no priority, as you can delete them from the dialog, which is enough in most cases.

About my bug report... I'm not sure if the map revealers are the cause. My tests are inconsistent right now. I'll post more if I can say something definite.
The map *had* scanner sweeps. We tested that earlier, remember? But in the current version of this map there are no scanner sweeps anymore and I'm afraid I have deleted your bugfix version you sent me back then.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 1017 >
  Back to forum