Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: Final call for scmdraft
Final call for scmdraft
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Feb 27 2009, 10:47 pm
By: Suicidal Insanity
Pages: < 1 « 7 8 9 10 1117 >

Apr 12 2009, 7:25 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #161

I see you !

Just check your old PMs for the bugfixed version.

And now I see what you want to do, you dont want to deselect some and change the properties which are editable in the unit dialog (So, only give the selected ones in the list 50% life etc), you want to deselect them in order to then do cut/copy/paste on map?

Apr 12 2009, 7:32 pm NudeRaider Post #162

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Yeah sure, I checked my PMs, but I deleted it too.

Exactly.

Apr 12 2009, 10:51 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #163

I see you !

I'll try to occasionally update the newest version @ http://www.stormcoast-fortress.net/temp/Scmdraft2-setup.rar, and will also edit it into the first post.

Apr 13 2009, 2:17 am ForTheSwarm Post #164

Placing Floor Trap Doodads:

It always places the doodad for Player 1 no matter what. Could you fix this?

None.

Apr 13 2009, 1:00 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #165

I see you !

I'll see what is bugging that up...

Apr 13 2009, 1:53 pm iXenox Post #166

Few things I've wanted to see in SCMDraft to make it the ONLY editor I use:

Easier trigger editing (Autocomplete/find replace (maybe with regex option?)/autotrigger).
When resizing map there should be a start x,y position option.

1 "bug" assuming I did things right:

I tried to copy the contents of the text trigger edit to a notepad wit regex replacements. Replaced the required elements and copied back. Would not save.

Explanation of auto trigger:

Enter all the commands etc you want in the trigger.
Have variables for example %p could be player number.
Have option to apply trigger to whatever players you want.
When you're done you would be able to make many triggers in a matter of minutes instead of hours.

Great program btw, love the feel of it. Very professional.

None.

Apr 13 2009, 2:32 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #167

I see you !

Quote from ForTheSwarm
Placing Floor Trap Doodads:

It always places the doodad for Player 1 no matter what. Could you fix this?
When testing this I noticed staredit also does that, unless you deselect and reselect the doodad before placing it. IE select a doodad then change the player andstaredit doesn't care.
Should be fixed in scmdraft in the next build tho.

Edit: fortheswarm, download the new version and test it once. Should now be working...

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 13 2009, 3:07 pm by Suicidal Insanity.

Apr 13 2009, 10:07 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #168

I see you !

Quote from TiKels
Bug: I have noticed a bug. Heres how to reproduce it.
First set down a unit (such as ghost) next to unwalkable terrain. (Preferably square so its directly parallel)
Make sure the "Place Units Anywhere" function is turned off.
Go to Copy/Paste brush and select the ghost and the terrain around it and hit copy.
After u select the ghost, quickly move your mouse from the direction the ghost is to the water. (While holding down the mouse button so it pastes)
If done properly, you will immediatly get an error.
That should have been fixed in the original 0.8.0 release or the update on my site which was put out about half a year or a year ago. Repost if you can get it to crash in the newest version (See top of thread)

Ok, and questions...

If it's possible to fix the issues with the backup DB, where it has crashes if it gets too big, that'd be nice. <- needs reproducable testcase...

It would be nice if you could copy/paste mission briefing triggers without getting a bunch of strings glitched. <- classic or text?

Reminds me of a similar problem: When placing square terrain you can't aim for the middle of a square, but must rather point to the lower right (if I remember correctly), which makes drawing long lines annoying. <- huh? I dont have this or I am doing it wrong

Could you please make it that when you select a unit, either at the bottom or in properties it displays it's unit ID, like which slot it was placed on the map? I.e, first unit is ID 1, 2nd is 2. ect. <- why?

There's a Save Image function to save an image of the entire map as it appears at full-size, but a Save Minimap Image would be good too. <- command line for this was added, for SEN, 2 or 3 years ago :P

-"Fit inverted to unit" option for automated creation of inverted locations. <- wtf?

Make Scmdraft able to use Disable Sprites, like starforge. <- disable flag? ...

Apr 14 2009, 12:47 am NudeRaider Post #169

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

It would be nice if you could copy/paste mission briefing triggers without getting a bunch of strings glitched. <- classic or text?
Since when do text briefings work?

Reminds me of a similar problem: When placing square terrain you can't aim for the middle of a square, but must rather point to the lower right (if I remember correctly), which makes drawing long lines annoying. <- huh? I dont have this or I am doing it wrong
OK, sry for being imprecise. The problem occurs when you paste (not just select a tile and draw) a terrain square. The cursor is about 25 pixels too far up and left. You aim slightly below/right of the middle of a square and the tile gets placed in the square below/right of the tile you're aiming at.
Would show you a screeny, but I don't know how to include the mouse cursor.

There's a Save Image function to save an image of the entire map as it appears at full-size, but a Save Minimap Image would be good too. <- command line for this was added, for SEN, 2 or 3 years ago :P
So for god's sake compile a list of all these hidden functions. It's nice if you implement them but they're no good if you kep them secret.

-"Fit inverted to unit" option for automated creation of inverted locations. <- wtf?
To understand that you need a bit of mapping background:
We use inverted locations to detect when units move even 1 pixel. That is possible when we tailor the inverted location to be exactly the size of the unit's collision box. The unit will be detected when it touches all 4 borders the same time. When the unit moves, it touches at most 3 borders, and will not be detected anymore.
What he want's is a function that automatically fits a location to the unit's hitbox.

EDIT:
Almost forgot... about my crash bug:
Unlike what I stated earlier it's not some unit placed on the map. The map crashes after a seemingly random but quite long time (approx. 1-3 hours) when I got the classic Trigedit window open.
I'm testing this with a clean map now...

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 14 2009, 12:59 am by NudeRaider.

Apr 14 2009, 1:45 am Falkoner Post #170

Could you please make it that when you select a unit, either at the bottom or in properties it displays it's unit ID, like which slot it was placed on the map? I.e, first unit is ID 1, 2nd is 2. ect. <- why?

Because with the way SCM Draft currently places units, they are assigned their ID upon placement, rather than assigned left to right then bottom to top if on the same pixel, like Staredit does. Often this messes up grid systems in maps expecting to have actions happen from bottom to top, when it actually happens from newest unit ID to oldest.
Don't add this to the bottom, do it in the display properties, I'm fine having that be a bit more cluttered.

Make Scmdraft able to use Disable Sprites, like starforge. <- disable flag? ...

Currently SCM Draft is still a bit buggy when working with sprites, while StarForge is less so, rather than making it like SF, if you can manage to make sprites work as smoothly as units currently do, that'd be the best.

I'd say this is a LAST feature you should look at, as it's just an excess function that is rarely used, however, a little better selection support for inverted locations would be nice, or even a button in it's dialog to invert it, that'd probably be simple enough to make :)

Also, I forgot to mention that I get those temporary files spammed all over my maps folder, and I think it's from closing SCM Draft unexpectedly or something, not like force quitting it, but just quitting, perhaps you could look into that a little bit? It may not be as easy to fix as I would think.

None.

Apr 14 2009, 1:55 am ForTheSwarm Post #171

Edit: fortheswarm, download the new version and test it once. Should now be working...

It works now. Thanks!

None.

Apr 14 2009, 2:06 am Kaias Post #172

Quote from Falkoner

I'd say this is a LAST feature you should look at, as it's just an excess function that is rarely used, however, a little better selection support for inverted locations would be nice, or even a button in it's dialog to invert it, that'd probably be simple enough to make :)
I use them in almost every map or concept map I make and most maps could benefit from knowledge of them; a feature like this would be really nice. Obviously, I disagree.

None.

Apr 14 2009, 6:11 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #173

I see you !

Currently SCM Draft is still a bit buggy when working with sprites, while StarForge is less so, rather than making it like SF, if you can manage to make sprites work as smoothly as units currently do, that'd be the best. <- and if anyone was a little bit more explicit I would know what to change. :(

So for god's sake compile a list of all these hidden functions. It's nice if you implement them but they're no good if you kep them secret. <- well it was explicitly added for yoshi, moose to use in the old SEN map database so I kinda at least expected them to know about it. A help file has been under construction for ages and may be finished some day... if I find the started version again.

Interesting to know that staredit orders units that way, I knew the graphics were drawn in that order but I always assumed only the sprite list was ordered...

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 14 2009, 7:54 pm by Suicidal Insanity.

Apr 14 2009, 6:23 pm Morphling Post #174

Quote from NudeRaider
Whatever you do, make sure you make ScmDraft accept EUDs in the text trigger editor. Because this is currently preventing some maps from being produced as you can't mass create EUD triggers.
Just use a trigger duplicator. They can handle EUDs.
Info

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 14 2009, 6:47 pm by Morphling.

None.

Apr 14 2009, 6:45 pm NudeRaider Post #175

Quote from Morphling
Quote from NudeRaider
Whatever you do, make sure you make ScmDraft accept EUDs in the text trigger editor. Because this is currently preventing some maps from being produced as you can't mass create EUD triggers.
And then? You can't import them into ScmDraft.

Apr 14 2009, 6:48 pm Morphling Post #176

Quote from NudeRaider
Quote from Morphling
Quote from NudeRaider
And then? You can't import them into ScmDraft.
It works just fine for me. Maybe you're doing something wrong?

None.

Apr 14 2009, 7:53 pm NudeRaider Post #177

I must say I'm confused now.
I never tried anything with EUDs so maybe I missed something vital here, but from what I understand when you try to input EUD triggers into text trigedit of ScmD you get an error.
So how's inputting them manually any different from copy and pasting them in?

Apr 14 2009, 7:58 pm Morphling Post #178

Quote from NudeRaider
I must say I'm confused now.
I never tried anything with EUDs so maybe I missed something vital here, but from what I understand when you try to input EUD triggers into text trigedit of ScmD you get an error.
So how's inputting them manually any different from copy and pasting them in?
Have you used the trigger duplicator before? You don't copy the triggers in scmdraft's text editor, you select the map in the trigger duplicator you view the triggers, select a trigger, set up your variables, compile, and save.

None.

Apr 14 2009, 9:09 pm NudeRaider Post #179

Ah I see, I was thinking of Text Trigger Duplicator that outputs them in the format of ScmD's text triggers.

Apr 14 2009, 9:11 pm Morphling Post #180

Oh. I was using this one.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 7 8 9 10 1117 >
  Back to forum