Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: THE TOP SIX FOXES!
THE TOP SIX FOXES!
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Feb 21 2009, 3:24 am
By: lSHaDoW-FoXl  
Polls
Best Fox? All can pick 2!
Best Fox? All can pick 2!
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Rommel "Desert Fox" 3

22%
Miles Prower "Tails" 5

36%
Toddler 2

15%
Todd 0

0%
None.
Fox Mcloud 4

29%
lSHaDoW-FoXl 0

0%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 14 votes. You can vote for at most 2 option(s).

Feb 21 2009, 3:24 am lSHaDoW-FoXl Post #1

Well, we cannot say this wasn't inevitable. I have put a lot of thought into numerous other top ten countdown..things, and I figured I'd start this one just for the hell of it. It seems that throughout history Foxes have been seen as a respectable animal, seen as good luck charms, seen as sly, clever animals, and definitely cunning.

Of course however, reality can be harsh, and hunters will hunt Foxes because they are "Vermin." I can agree with this, except for the fact that Hunters are the same idiots that has Endangered, and Extinct numerous, numerous animals. *P.S I have nothing against hunters that hunt for food, they are awesome.*

So, instead of being a whiny bitch and complaining on how Foxes die, or perhaps hunting them today I wish to give a ceremony to numerous "Foxes" whether fictional, non fictional, or even just a title!

TOP FIVE FOXES

^^ First Nominee!
Rommel "Desert Fox"

Well, he may not be a Fox, but I find he is very worthy of a title. Aside from the information that most people know, that he was a Nazi Field Commander and very smart he was a pretty complex person. According to some creditable sites Rommel didn't even want to be a soldier, he was forced into being such due to his parents being fanatically loyal to Hitler. Despite the disdain in his position he managed to be a Lieutenant by the young age of 18, and even more so...despite him working for Hitler he disliked him very much.

Their are numerous theories on how he died, their is the generic one that is said on how he was killed by an air raid (yet, how is it the driver is still alive?) The one where Hitler himself killed him, and numerous others that have strayed my mind. Either way, both theories are accepted by the History Channel.

^^ Second Nominee!
"Tails" Miles Prower

At first, when Nintendo was faced off against the Genesis, some believed they were fucked. In a lot of ways the genesis appeared very superior over the Nintendo. However, it became apparent that Genesis ports or versions of a game often times had crappier music then it's SNES counterparts, and most notable it did not have the same game selection has SNES.

So why buy a Genesis? Sonic the hedgehog was an awesome fucking game, which rivaled to Mario. Sonic was for those that wanted their games faster, slightly less marijuana induced (but full of crack, obviously) and those that simply didn't find a guy with a shitty job (literally) was the greatest of heroes. And a sonic definitely had more of an original plot (Mario is you're average save the princess)

Of course though, More Mario games would come out, and Sega needed to add something...but what else could it be?
Well, a loyal cuddly companion of course! Tails! Almost instantly when Sonic 2 came out he was considered the best sidekick (no, seriously. He was awarded that!) and aside from such, it was nice to actually have an ally follow you around, even when you didn't have another player. Aside from that, he's been around ever since Sonics golden age, and his demise *DAMN YOU SONIC HEROES, DAMN YOU!*

^^ Third Nominee!
Todd

Todd, most chances he is entirely obscure to you at the moment whether you have once known him or not. Todd in particular is the Fox character in the movie "TheFox and The Hound." Which is loosely based off a depressing book which pretty much killed my child hood. Aside from this, he's more realistic of a character, he's not a super innocent, cuddly loyal Fox like Tails. Instead he is quite troublesome throughout the entire book, and movie, who doesn't mean any harm other then trying to survive from a hunter.

The reason? Well, where do we start. Todd kills some of the farmers chickens. (Which Foxes often do in real life)
Todd accidentally kills the hunters main hunting dog. And throughout the book/movie he separates from his former friend.

^^ Fourth Nominee!
Todd

No, this Todd is actually quite different from the other one. This Todd is in "Plague Dogs" A story about two dogs that escape from a research lab (That experiments on them) and try to survive. Soon to kill two sheep, out of hunger and are labeled as ''man eating savages'' through the entire book, thus they are tried to be hunted down. Todd eventually meets them, who is pretty much all the traits of a Fox.

He is Sly, cunning, and to one of the characters, untrustworthy. Throughout the book he helps them in hunting, surviving, and gets them out of numerous situations. Throughout the book, his ideas do the opposite of helping them, it attracts only more humans to hunt them (but it does indeed help them survive.) At the ending of book numerous hunting dogs and cops are dealt to deal with the "plague" dogs and he dies being both painfully ripped to pieces and mutilated by the hunting dogs, in an attempt to help the two main characters, despite distrust.

^^ Fifth Nominee!
Fox Mcloud

I never found any of the StarFox games disappointing, and almost fell in love with the greatness of Star Fox Adventures, probably one of the best games for gamecube... even if it did stray from the normal concept that most Star fox games had.
To sum Fox up quickly, he is probably one of Nintendo's more mature creations. Which is slightly funny considering on paper ''Animals that fly in ships to destroy other animals in ships.'' sounds rather ridiculous.

^^ Sixth Nominee!
lSHaDoW-FoXl
*What? There's nothing wrong with shameless self-promotion, is there?)

Firstly, he's (I find it weird talking in third person, but bear with me) the guy that started this Topic in the first place. Aside from that he sometimes will post ''TOP" countdowns. He has an awesome name, and he dedicates his time to what he submits. (Despite some people, who put no time in their comments, say he's a spammer.)

It was hard to come up with Five Foxes, and I can truly say, no lie, this topic took me literally around two hours, but no more then that. Now who will you all nominate as your favorite Fox?

None.

Feb 21 2009, 3:33 am EzDay281 Post #2

Tails.
Also, your name is not awesome. Horrible-rape capitalization, pipes, and overly generic. Need I say more? I could easily have said less and made my point. D:

None.

Feb 21 2009, 3:38 am lSHaDoW-FoXl Post #3

I can quite agree with you. A lot of people have ''SHADoW.'' and numerous people do have ''FoX.'' at the same time however, I most chances have been around longer then they have. But, I personally find the name looks orgasmic. I agree full heartedly with the tails, but it's also wise to keep in mind you can actually pick two, not just one in this poll.

It's not really surprising though that I picked Tails, I have a desktop with him lol.

None.

Feb 21 2009, 3:40 am EzDay281 Post #4

Real people bore me, Todd/ler I am completely unfamiliar with, or in the latter case is something from far too long ago for me to remember properly, and McCloud's white head-tuft is ugly. That, and I never really liked the classic Starfox beyond its ( necessarily ) obscenely minimalistic artstyle.

None.

Feb 21 2009, 3:49 am Vi3t-X Post #5

Shadow-FoX.

That works.

I vote for... Tails.

None.

Feb 21 2009, 3:52 am Lt.Church Post #6

When i entered, i expected furries for some reason :lol:

edit: imma go with in this order Todd(3), todd(4),fox mccloud because honestly, tails is a like what 4 yr old mechanical genius that cant write worth shit and was only ever annoying in the games besides being super cheap w/ flying in sonic 3. ive not heard of the second todd but sounds badass.

None.

Feb 21 2009, 3:52 am Demented Shaman Post #7

Quote from lSHaDoW-FoXl
this topic took me literally around two hours, but no more then that.
That's sad.:hurr:

None.

Feb 21 2009, 3:56 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #8

Just here for the activity... well not really

Quote from EzDay281
Tails.
Also, your name is not awesome. Horrible-rape capitalization, pipes, and overly generic. Need I say more? I could easily have said less and made my point. D:
*coughs*

Anyway, tails.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Feb 21 2009, 3:58 am chuiu Post #9

Quote from l)ark_ssj9kevin
Quote from EzDay281
Tails.
*coughs*
Yes your name is extremely lame and generic also, no need to point that out.

None.

Feb 21 2009, 4:00 am Lingie Post #10

Tails turns me on. Also, I stole the Chaos Emeralds.

By the way, DO A BARREL ROLL.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Feb 21 2009, 4:02 am EzDay281 Post #11

This sentence confoozles me.

None.

Feb 21 2009, 4:04 am Lt.Church Post #12

Quote from name:Darkling
Tails turns me on. Also, I stole the Chaos Emeralds.

By the way, DO A BARREL ROLL.

NO DO AN AILERON ROLL, OR A HELICAL ROLL, THEYRE MORE SUITED FOR COMBAT.

None.

Feb 21 2009, 4:04 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #13

Just here for the activity... well not really

Quote from chuiu
Quote from l)ark_ssj9kevin
Quote from EzDay281
Tails.
*coughs*
Thanks, when I made the account, it said "Strong password!"

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Feb 21 2009, 4:05 am Lingie Post #14

No. Do a barrel roll.

Also, hold A to charge your lasor.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Feb 21 2009, 4:13 am lSHaDoW-FoXl Post #15

I do wish people would stop abusing that "report topic.'' I agree with Obama, it is quite sad I spent two hours. Not just writing it though, I had to -

Research.
Eliminate what shouldn't belong.
Think of why they're there.
Write.
Colour code, numerous other stuff.

And I'm sure some of our more...close minded members, okay, fine I'll be honest, our more backwards members will assume anyone that comes here is a furry. I wish to merely state this is the same idea as a guy that wears pink. Just because a guy wears pink, doesn't mean he's gay.

None.

Feb 21 2009, 4:18 am Lt.Church Post #16

i wear pink and lavender, its very pretty cute Manly :-_-:

None.

Feb 21 2009, 4:18 am Riney Post #17

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from lSHaDoW-FoXl
I do wish people would stop abusing that "report topic.'' I agree with Obama, it is quite sad I spent two hours. Not just writing it though, I had to -

Research.
Eliminate what shouldn't belong.
Think of why they're there.
Write.
Colour code, numerous other stuff.

And I'm sure some of our more...close minded members, okay, fine I'll be honest, our more backwards members will assume anyone that comes here is a furry. I wish to merely state this is the same idea as a guy that wears pink. Just because a guy wears pink, doesn't mean he's gay.

But if he spams enough, he'll make everyone hate him, and once hes past that point, does it matter what they're called as long as they're hated?

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Feb 21 2009, 4:19 am EzDay281 Post #18

It would probably help if you simply didn't say much about it at all after the first couple "no, I'm not"s. Makes you look insecure and/or trollable.
i wear pink and lavender, its very pretty cute Manly :-_-:
It's like red - a bloody, fiery, strong and thus manly color - only more dilute and humble!
Lavender is purple, which is majestic/royal, and therefore manly in that only men can be kings.
Just try to argue my reasoning. wut

None.

Feb 21 2009, 4:22 am Lt.Church Post #19

I vote that guy as the best fox, he just dont give a damn; his name on motortopia is Shadowfox btw...

None.

Feb 21 2009, 4:36 am lSHaDoW-FoXl Post #20

Aw dammit! Really? Now there is another "SHaDoW-FoX?" My god, how depressing! (For me, anyway)

To Ezday - I have depression. I'm not depressed, I literally have (according to doctors anyway) Clinical depression (This would explain why I have little to almost nothing of a social life.) So what people say about me is often times taken quite literally/ personally. Of course sometimes I assume I'm Bi Polar, then again I've also thought I'm schezophrenic... Aw well! My mind is sort of weird like that. I probably just worry too much I might have something serious.

None.

Options
  Back to forum