Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege v1.6
Temple Siege v1.6
Feb 12 2009, 6:20 am
By: UnholyUrine
Pages: < 1 « 45 46 47 48 4970 >

Aug 18 2009, 4:14 am ladyalanah Post #921

Something similar happened today, with a very annoying outcome;

I was warrior, and I was injured and heading toward my base from middle, I couldn't afford to run through the cannons to I ran left and headed north along bottom route. Bike is chasing me chipping away at the remains of my hp and i notice our ling running to help me so as the bike drew in close for an attack I stopped in front of a line of spawn and l2'd creating a wall of DT's, i didn't trap him but i did stop him briefly and my partner runs in and finishes the pin, burying him with his l2. He was elim'd. BUT he had the reflex to change to mech form which happened just as he died. And he ended up with a live goliath. Luckily the kill let me get away but even though the mech was techinically out of the game he still had a goliath that he could run aroud with and exp with. fortunately he no longer had his bike mode available but it was still annoying that he could still play, upgrade, and spam tanks. And this wasn't like I trapped him in a dt circle to slowly slash him, this was an instantaneous moment where he was pinned and killed yet he survived in a way.

None.

Aug 18 2009, 4:31 am UnholyUrine Post #922

It may be possible to fix the "unstucking" problem. I shall look into it.

Oh btw, the Lm's Light Essence can only be a certain distance away from the LM... sorry forgot to mention that :P..
But the area's quite large... so if you or your team are pro, one if you'd kill the light essence while the other tries to hunt the LM..

Also, the Light Essence does not become invincible during the Light barrier. only LM does.

None.

Aug 18 2009, 5:41 am DrakeClawfang Post #923

One question, will the Light Essence be able to cast spells? Both Storm and Hall, just one, or neither/

None.

Aug 18 2009, 5:43 am UnholyUrine Post #924

Storm yes, Hallus no.

None.

Aug 18 2009, 5:47 am DrakeClawfang Post #925

Okay, I was hoping so. Dark Mage got a way to speed up Storm usage, it's only fair the Light Mage get a way too. Thanks.

None.

Aug 18 2009, 6:24 am FlashBeer Post #926

He does, consume broodlings for extra storm.

None.

Aug 18 2009, 6:26 am Jack Post #927

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from DrakeClawfang
Okay, I was hoping so. Dark Mage got a way to speed up Storm usage
Read it again Beer.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Aug 18 2009, 6:30 am FlashBeer Post #928

lol....

None.

Aug 18 2009, 6:33 am DrakeClawfang Post #929

While we're on the topic, what does everyone think the ideal energy for Storm is? I think 50 myself, but don't mind 60. The increased energy cost makes it so that, while the two Mages have ways to use Storm more often, those ways rely on spells now, which adds some balance to it. You can still Storm often, but you need spells to do it.

None.

Aug 18 2009, 6:38 am FlashBeer Post #930

I think 60 or maybe 65 is good. (DM needs it more than LM)
Storming exps very quickly, so the energy cost should be over 50 for sure, not to mention LM can also splash kill with reavers.

None.

Aug 18 2009, 6:47 am Jack Post #931

65. Storm is underrated, but remember, if a storm catches both teams spawn, not only does it double the DM or LM'S exp, it stops the opposing hero from exping.(exping is a better word IMO as spawn shouldn't be total feed). So while LM seems to suck, it is brilliant at slowing the other team down in a 3v3, and can be an extreme annoyance, even if it isn't a brilliant pker.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Aug 18 2009, 10:15 am ladyalanah Post #932

i always aim to kill my line of spawn with storm, i can always finish the enemy's group myself if they don't all die.

also, if you can apply a range limiation on ht, why not apply the same limitation on other summoning classes like archer and summoner. this would finally force the summoner to leave the safety of the base when it comes time to attack the enemy. I think 50 is a reasonable number, with the assumption that the hight templar is set to that much energy on summoning. More would pose a problem for lm because the dm regenerates 200 energy for 50 mana. Where the lm only gets that extra 50 when he summons ht for 80mana that also requires 6 civs to be spent.

None.

Aug 18 2009, 10:37 am FlashBeer Post #933

You couldn't really because there are more summoned units. LM only has one. Therefore if a summoned unit went out of bounds, ALL summons would need to be commanded back to the summoner just to move the one unit back, who stepped out of bounds. This would be highly frustrating if you split your units and accidentally moved one summoned unit too far. Also, anything shorter than a location that's a third the map, would be too small.

None.

Aug 18 2009, 4:34 pm UnholyUrine Post #934

There's probably a way to do it with ze Inverted Locations things...
But I'm not that fortuitous to go through the trouble.

Besides, one must see the whole picture. The summoned HT not only gives the powerful LM a way to teleport away, it also Shares each spell the LM casts... So, when used offensively, it should, in theory, be very dangerous >=P.

The storm right now is 50, which is fine for the LM.. but the DM can now use consume... so I may have to change storm E again.

None.

Aug 18 2009, 4:44 pm killer_sss Post #935

Quote from ladyalanah
also, if you can apply a range limiation on ht, why not apply the same limitation on other summoning classes like archer and summoner. this would finally force the summoner to leave the safety of the base when it comes time to attack the enemy. I think 50 is a reasonable number, with the assumption that the hight templar is set to that much energy on summoning. More would pose a problem for lm because the dm regenerates 200 energy for 50 mana. Where the lm only gets that extra 50 when he summons ht for 80mana that also requires 6 civs to be spent.
The whole reason for limiting range at all is because of the teleport. The switching of the two for 100 mana could heal the light mage anywhere or keep him from an attack by instantly bringing him to heal for just 130 mana while his essence dies and is recast at home.

The new spells may force the summoner to actually move also as his ling cap will be going down but his dmg will be bolstered by his new spells.

Quote from UnholyUrine

White = done changes
Red = Considerations...
  • New Terrain by Mneox, then prettied by xYoshix, then fixed by Mneox... still with flaws that I needa fix myself X.x
  • Summoner now has the Demon Chant and the Abyssal Hymn that I talked about. The Demon Chant currently renders the Summoner invincible during the duration of the spell (~5secs) and also spawn infested terrans.
  • Summoner now has a zling cap at 8.
  • Abyssal Hymn sets the Summoner at 100E for 10 secs. Each Dark Swarm he creates during this time will spawn an Infested Terran. All summoned units will also appear at where the last Dark Swarm was placed during this spell. The Spell duration may be increased and/or may give the Summoner rebate for summoning units during that spell.
  • ** These spells are intended to give the summoner spells that he would actually use. Although with a cap of 8 zlings, I feel that the summoner may still tend to stay at the base, rendering the new 2nd and 3rd spell useless. What I may do is make the zling cap at 6, make Demon Chant heal zlings near summoner, and make abyssal hymn set the cap at 9 zlings for the duration of the spell.

• Assault (marine)'s Spell 1 and 2 are back to the original, where L1 is tear gas, and L2 is the grenade.
  • Tear gas will still slow units down like before, but will drain mana slower (per 5 DC)
  • Grenade will still have a sensor of 1.5 secs (i.e. if grenade's over an enemy unit for 1.5 secs, it will blow up).. It will not spawn anymore wraiths
  • Assault's L3, Carpet bomber, has been changed so that each bomb will spawn 10 firebats for 1 atttack. It will not stun and will not kill any summoned/spawned units.
  • Nuclear ghosts can now cloak... max 1... Cannons' cost will likely go down to 40

• Engineer's Mounted Gun has been improved dramatically... 15 armor, and ~700 HP. It's build time and gas cost is also higher...
  • L2 is now SCV, and L3 is now the Sci-ves... with a cap of 4.
  • I think I lowered the cost/hp/dmg of the defenses due the spell switch... stats pending :P
  • I really like FlashBeers (? was it him?) idea of making the mounted gun a sieged tank. They can be given to heroes that are next to them, and will now not be cloaked, and will not be killed by paralyzing spells :D. Their Defense and all that will likely fall, leaving it with a dmg of 70+... 6 or 7.

• Light Mage has also been changed dramatically...
  • It now does 32+4 dmg. Its Light Barrier will spawn 8 aldaris's, but only 6 of them will be controlled by you.
  • Light of Binding is now L4, where it will spawn dragoons for TWELVE Seconds (subject to change) around the LM, around his Essence, and around any heroes that are close to him.
  • What's "his Essence"? His New L3 will summon a Light Essence (reg HT) which shares your LM's attack. I.e., when you do L2, your LM spawns 4 reavers, and if you have Light Essence, he will also spawn 2 reavers.
  • Added "Light Transmission", which Swaps your LM and your Light Essence when you cast your first spell twice.
  • Reavers now do 90+8 dmg. (used to be 110+10).. (subject of change)

• Earth Demon now has "Sand Slash", which blinds (unvision everyone except the player himself), and slows down enemy heroes. The slash is done by casting L1 twice. And it affects the area that your lurker have been "burrow-driving".
  • Add a Pit trap like the Pit lord in the Great Wizards map by ws-Tank for his spell 3. the enemy and the lurker will be teleported to another area, and the lurker would most likely be unseen.
  • Change its current L3 to L2, and make it spawn 1 hydra per second for 7-8 seconds (the hydras stay for the duration of the spell, so more and more appears)

Discuss :O

EDIT:
And I got to read the thing about zealots now...
Yeah I guess they aren't that good eh? ... I'm probably going to be lowering marines' dmg to 15...

Lady's idea will not work as Zealots give more Killscore than marines and zlings.. each Spawn progression gives more killscore..
you are still planning to change the assassain right? the stun/teleport location and double l1 teles to that location?

as for fixing zealots this does no good at all. lowering rines to 10 wouldn't even help as the zealots are still doing a mere 8 dmg per hit provided noone ups past 10 defense. You need to boost the attack of the zealots. They just are way to weak compared to every other spawn created.

Also the switching of spawn units can't be done because of kill score and screwing with spells. the lings are used by the mutant l2 and summoner. The broodlings are used by the dark mage. This makes even shufflign their dmg arround a bit problemsome. Actually i guess you could just give them pre ups zerg melee +1 preupped would fix this. However i would still like to see more and more dangerous spawns. 7 dmg broods would be fun and 11/12 dmg lings would be as well. 50 dmg zealots would be nice also (25 per hit). Spawns that can kill would help this game evolve :)

***edit*** how do i create a colapse box? this thing is way too big.

Quote from UnholyUrine
There's probably a way to do it with ze Inverted Locations things...
But I'm not that fortuitous to go through the trouble.

Besides, one must see the whole picture. The summoned HT not only gives the powerful LM a way to teleport away, it also Shares each spell the LM casts... So, when used offensively, it should, in theory, be very dangerous >=P.

The storm right now is 50, which is fine for the LM.. but the DM can now use consume... so I may have to change storm E again.
storm at 60 would be nice considering the new clone will be able to cast it also. As to the size limitation of the box will you be moving it next to light mage if it goes out of range?

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 18 2009, 5:19 pm by killer_sss.

None.

Aug 18 2009, 4:58 pm UnholyUrine Post #936

The Light Essence is Ordered to move to where the LM is when it is out of bounds.

I don't think I'll be changing the Assassin..
However, I remember Iceman and Maxx complained about how the Spell AoE effect is "displaced" for the Crippling Strike..
What's actually happening is that, for EVERY AoE spells, there is a "displacement" for people south of the location. The Detection of whether or not you are being affected by the spell is done by creating a burrowed defiler underneath you and detecting whether your defiler's inside that location or not.

Unfortunately, SC is weird, and units are created south of your hero, even when creating a burrowed unit.

However, there may be a way to fix this, which I will try..
Also, remind me to try to fix Mech's "unstucking while transforming" problem.

None.

Aug 18 2009, 6:42 pm FlashBeer Post #937

They should be both easy fixes...

Just center the burrowed unit onto the unit after creating it.
and for the Mech, have the next form appear at the start of the next trigger cycle.

Since you want Assault to have air attack upgradeable for it's senor grenade, I think you should put air attacks for it's final, and scrap nuke (or give it to a different player)
For a more assault-like spell...

L4 - Gatling Gun - Spawns 60 DC's of Hero Wraiths (27+1 dmg each, 60 wraiths, in 5 seconds) This spell could both be fired from the ground and from the Bomber (Woo, a minigun mounted to the bomber!)
Damage from this spell would rival Decapitation— if you land all shots on your target. Damage could actually surpass decap dmg, upgrade-for-upgrade, but then Assault's normal attack would be low, so there is still the choice to upgrade normal attack. Hitting foes with every shot would be difficult because once you fire the spell, the wraiths above you will slow you down, and the range is semi-short. While in the bomber, the bomber could be stunned while casting, so it doesn't dominate ground-only heroes.

This spell could also replace the nuke because of it's ability to quickly mow down spawn or rip apart cannons for base-assaulting (though you would need more hp, or need to heal often from staying in the cannons for a while). The spell is much more Assault-suited, rather than sitting at a distance, trying to launch nukes and defend your ghost.

If Assault goes purely wraith dmg, then opponents could upgrade armor/shields, as each upgrade could take off up to 60 dmg from the attack.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 18 2009, 6:47 pm by FlashBeer.

None.

Aug 18 2009, 7:08 pm DrakeClawfang Post #938

What about this spell idea, if we're replacing the Nuke?

"Bombing Run" - Spawns an invincible Battlecruiser the player can move about (but it can't attack, just set its attack to 0). As the BC moves about, it regularly drops bombs that stun over a large area (just for spice :P). When the spell expires, the BC explodes, stunning and killing all nearby spawn, and spawns a wave of Wraiths and a single, VERY strong BC where it died, and they attack for a period of time.

None.

Aug 18 2009, 7:58 pm Jack Post #939

UU just create the defiler somewhere else and use the Move action.

Red classic.

Aug 18 2009, 9:18 pm DrakeClawfang Post #940

Come to think of it, in some games I've noticed a Zerg unit appear under me and then vanishing a second later, and Defilers sometimes spawning when someone dies. I guess this explains why.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 45 46 47 48 4970 >
  Back to forum