Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Terrain Best Of
Terrain Best Of
Sep 26 2007, 1:43 am
By: Wilhelm
Pages: < 1 2 3

Oct 4 2007, 6:12 am TitanWing Post #41

Quote from NerdyTerdy
Quote from Falkoner
And why not? They have the best DLDB around and they support OS Map, what more do you want?

A site that doesn't host OSMap and a site that isn't run by LW and MA.
Amen to that.

None.

Oct 4 2007, 1:07 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #42

Quote from Fwop_
I honestly can't stand people that still think OSMap is only for stealing maps, get over it already. Just like devilesk says, no one makes good enough maps to get stolen anyway.
I never said that i just said if you can't figure out how to do triggers on your own then you shouldn't make maps... It really isn't that hard. :-_-:

None.

Oct 4 2007, 10:02 pm Falkoner Post #43

Jello, I guarantee that when you began making maps you could not have figured out how to make a grid system on your own, and we are able to get much more than just triggers from maps, like the map with the 4x speed, that map is open to us because of OS map.

If you want the map, you can get it at Maplantis, if you don't want to go to Maplantis, you don't get the map then. Simple.

None.

Oct 4 2007, 10:05 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #44

Uh... I figured out how to do a grid system just fine without an open map... And 4x speed is just unit pre-placement not triggers...

None.

Oct 4 2007, 10:07 pm Falkoner Post #45

But you said:

if you can't figure out how to do triggers on your own then you shouldn't make maps

Oh, so you can find it by looking up tutorials, OR you could go another way and look in a map. And I said that we opened the map that showed 4x unit speed with OS Map.

None.

Oct 4 2007, 10:12 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #46

I've never used any trigger tuts so i don't see where you are going with that one...

None.

Oct 4 2007, 10:50 pm Fwop_ Post #47

Quote from Jello-Jigglers
I never said that i just said if you can't figure out how to do triggers on your own then you shouldn't make maps... It really isn't that hard.

Actually, you didn't.

And who even likes OS map? what a waste, learn how to make a map your own way.

Not everyone uses OSMap to steal maps. This has been said over and over.

None.

Oct 4 2007, 11:04 pm Falkoner Post #48

Jello, you learned from someone, because I am certain that you did not just figure it out, and OS Map is one way people can learn.

None.

Oct 5 2007, 12:12 am Jello-Jigglers Post #49

Quote from Fwop_
And who even likes OS map? what a waste, learn how to make a map your own way.

Not everyone uses OSMap to steal maps. This has been said over and over.
WO wo i didn't mean that as steal... "Learn how to make a map your own way" is exactly what I meant, trial and error on your OWN see? All of my ideas and trigger methods are original information I gathered through observation(in-game not in-editor) and my trial and error effors. The only thing I picked up from a person actually teaching me was the hyper triggers. Thats it, no trigger viewing, no map cracking. It's all me ^^

Quote from Falkner
Jello, you learned from someone, because I am certain that you did not just figure it out, and OS Map is one way people can learn.
Alright just because you couldn't learn it on your own doesn't mean you need to insult my intelligence with every ignorantly opinionated word that escapes you... Think about it this way... someone had to figure it out in the first place to teach you right? Ok so if they figured it out, isn't it possible that everyone else could do the same. Maybe not the exact same methods but none the less they could emulate the same effects using similar triggers. All of the triggers I use came from me seeing a map through playing it, and repeating the same effects using my own invented methods. Anyways this is pretty much you just throwing flame posts at me and me defending myself and it's going nowhere so maybe yours and mine next posts should be on topic eh? :-_-:

None.

Oct 5 2007, 12:35 am Falkoner Post #50

Yes, it is possible, but stop kidding yourself that you managed to find it alone, since it took about 7 years of people map making with SC to find it.

None.

Oct 5 2007, 12:36 am Fwop_ Post #51

WO wo i didn't mean that as steal... "Learn how to make a map your own way" is exactly what I meant, trial and error on your OWN see? All of my ideas and trigger methods are original information I gathered through observation(in-game not in-editor) and my trial and error effors. The only thing I picked up from a person actually teaching me was the hyper triggers. Thats it, no trigger viewing, no map cracking. It's all me.

If your point is that people can learn to map make just through observation and trial and error, then why would you even bother discrediting OSMap? It can act as a tool for new understanding. I would much better choose to open a map and work off of it and take what I know into my map, than try some long, aggrevating process of trial and error on my own. Better results in shorter the time.

Also, if you learn only from yourself, you won't get very far. The greatest way to learn is to have many sources, not just yourself.

None.

Oct 5 2007, 12:50 am Jello-Jigglers Post #52

Alright seriously KNOCK IT OFF, this is neither the time nor the place ok? For the last time say something on topic or don't say it at all!(notice I didn't defend myself because this is a terrain forum not argue forum, pm me if you want to argue k pal? ;))

None.

Oct 5 2007, 1:23 am Fwop_ Post #53

Jello, you're not making any sense at all. Your last four posts (excluding the one you just posted) were all unrelated to terrain. You never once said anything about staying on topic, or.. not saying anything at all? I've already said Wilhelm's terrain was excellent, and that is on-topic enough.

None.

Oct 5 2007, 3:28 am Wilhelm Post #54

Seriously guys, if you aren't going to talk about terrain, shut the hell up.

None.

Oct 5 2007, 11:25 pm Symmetry Post #55

Dungeon Master

I've always loved your terrain, Wilhelm. You never cease to impress me =)

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Oct 8 2007, 1:34 am Vi3t-X Post #56

Oi, Very Nice

None.

Jan 19 2008, 2:03 am stickynote Post #57

cool terrain, and gj wilhelm! The high dirt-high dirt ramps looks really nice.

None.

Jan 20 2008, 12:47 am Falkoner Post #58

Yeah, can you post some more maps plz?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum