Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: Deity/Higher Power
Deity/Higher Power
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Aug 29 2007, 12:56 am
By: Crystal Fire Dragon
Pages: < 1 « 10 11 12

Polls
Do you believe in a deity?
Do you believe in a deity?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
One God 22

39%
None.
Multiple Gods 1

2%
None.
No God 34

60%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 57 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Sep 15 2007, 8:10 pm Sael Post #221

It goes beyond 9/11. Not every story in the past 6 years leads back to that day.

None.

Sep 16 2007, 1:50 am AntiSleep Post #222

Just exactly what else would the invasion be retribution for?

None.

Sep 16 2007, 4:59 am Sael Post #223

I'll let you go to wikipedia and find out for yourself. This has been culminating for dozens of years.

None.

Sep 16 2007, 7:32 am AntiSleep Post #224

Like Us selling them guns and chemical weapons in the Iran-Iraq war, only to have Iraq declare a cease-fire with Iran before invading Kuwait?

None.

Sep 19 2007, 4:47 pm Kellimus Post #225

Quote from AntiSleep
Like Us selling them guns and chemical weapons in the Iran-Iraq war, only to have Iraq declare a cease-fire with Iran before invading Kuwait?

And how they invaded Kuwait because they were diagnally drilling into Iraq and BUSH SR. said he wouldn't retaliate when Iraq invades, yet we did?

I'd be pissed off about that if I was from Iraq.. Specially if I was strung around by a POS Bush..

None.

Oct 8 2007, 5:25 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #226

Quote from Armony
I don't believe in a god. (Note my refusal to capitalize.) Nothing in the bible makes any sense to me unless I read it from the viewpoint that the author was an ancient attention seeker who thought it would be great to get a bunch of people to believe in something fictional.
Quote from ToA
I believe in god, i dont see any other reason how we got here, the science doesn't make sense to me.

Ok take these two points. From what I hear, Armony believes in science(or pure dumb luck :lol: ), and ToA states he belives in God. Is it possible that I agree with both of these statments? Yes. I believe that God(Note my capitalization :lol: ) setup science to prove Him(ever read Angles and Demons by Dan Brown: kind of the same as my views except instead of prooving God through science, I believe in God and see him though science) So yeah I see how Armony doesn't believe in God because he thinks the only way it could be written is if it was someone seeking attention. Well if you really did KNOW or see God, then you'd probably write about it too? I know I would :) And I cap "KNOW" because I believe there are other ways to know God than through person sight or meetings. Do a write this hoping to change anyones opinion? No, but if that does it's fine with me. I just wanted to state my opinion. I'm pretty sure aristotle said that "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without having to accept it." So maybe someone can understand my view but not believe in it which is all I can hope for. :) Good luck with the conversation and I hope someone has something to debate about my view because I think it is fun :D

None.

Oct 8 2007, 7:03 pm Dapperdan Post #227

Well if you really did KNOW or see God, then you'd probably write about it too? I know I would.

How can we know who actually saw or spoke to God? The terrorists that flew the planes into the World Trade Centers said they were doing it as it was God's will, that he had relayed it to them. By your logic, anyone could claim to have spoken to, known, or seen God and been told to do something and you would have to believe them. There is also no way you could tell them they haven't based on the reasoning that God would never tell them to do that, for all you know it's part of his divine plan, the bigger picture. You also are saying this: if some complete jackass had written the bible and claimed to have spoken to God no matter how ridiculous it was you would have believed in it.

I cap "KNOW" because I believe there are other ways to know God than through person sight or meetings.

Give me better reasoning than "because", please. Nothing you say is held up by any reasoning or logic up to this point. And I find it hard to believe you will be able to in your replies to my points.

None.

Oct 8 2007, 9:44 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #228

Quote from Dapperdan
Well if you really did KNOW or see God, then you'd probably write about it too? I know I would.

How can we know who actually saw or spoke to God? The terrorists that flew the planes into the World Trade Centers said they were doing it as it was God's will, that he had relayed it to them. By your logic, anyone could claim to have spoken to, known, or seen God and been told to do something and you would have to believe them. There is also no way you could tell them they haven't based on the reasoning that God would never tell them to do that, for all you know it's part of his divine plan, the bigger picture. You also are saying this: if some complete jackass had written the bible and claimed to have spoken to God no matter how ridiculous it was you would have believed in it.

I cap "KNOW" because I believe there are other ways to know God than through person sight or meetings.

Give me better reasoning than "because", please. Nothing you say is held up by any reasoning or logic up to this point. And I find it hard to believe you will be able to in your replies to my points.

You don't think i can hold anything up by logic about this topic? Well keen observation captain obvious, can I get another? Why don't you call all 1-800-get-a-clue because that is the problem with these topics it is just a BELIEF in God... There isn't any solid logic behind it or everyone would believe in God or vice-versa..... And like I said, "it's just my opinion". I won't hit you with a ton of math stuff cause you probably wont get it but if you ever want to check it out there is a cool website as just one example of what I was talking about, being "I believe in God and see him though science" I don't remember the exact url but I think I just searched the divine ratio in Google and checked out a few sites. It shows how a whole ton of relations in the universe; being plants and random geometry or anything, all relates to phi. Maybe check it out and see what you think. :)

None.

Oct 8 2007, 10:49 pm Dapperdan Post #229

You don't think i can hold anything up by logic about this topic? Well keen observation captain obvious, can I get another? Why don't you call all 1-800-get-a-clue because that is the problem with these topics it is just a BELIEF in God... There isn't any solid logic behind it or everyone would believe in God or vice-versa..... And like I said, "it's just my opinion".

I'll take that as an admittance that you have no logic or choose not to use it, that satisfies my want for a reply from you here just fine.

None.

Oct 8 2007, 11:59 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #230

Well where is your logic? I asked you the same so I guess you don't have any either? Or am I wrong? Cause correct me if I'm wrong. :)

None.

Oct 9 2007, 12:26 am Dapperdan Post #231

Well where is your logic? I asked you the same so I guess you don't have any either?

That doesn't even make sense, if you want my reasoning then read my posts. You're the one that admitted you weren't using any, not me. This is my last reply to you unless you have anything relevant to say. :-_-:

None.

Oct 9 2007, 1:14 am Akar Post #232

:P
I don't need logic, it makes no sense anyway.
(lol j/k, that was just a sentence to get you thinking I'm crazy, which in turn gets you interested).
I'd have to say I believe in God. All the facts in the world pointing against it can't convince me otherwise. I specifically like how the power of the mind goes against all logic and reasoning. I don't care what science says, if someone truly thinks they can do something, then they can do it (unless it is something totally absurd like growing wings and flying... thats just foolish).

None.

Oct 9 2007, 4:32 am Jello-Jigglers Post #233

Quote from Dapperdan
Well where is your logic? I asked you the same so I guess you don't have any either?

That doesn't even make sense, if you want my reasoning then read my posts. You're the one that admitted you weren't using any, not me. This is my last reply to you unless you have anything relevant to say. :-_-:

Your posts where? You haven't even stated your side except that we didn't evolve from monkeys... My obviously apparent joke regarding not using logic like you was possibly above your recognition? As for something relevant, that's my question for you, where is the relevancy in any of your posts? You simply quote every line I say and reply with something like "that isn't logical" or "give me a reason other than because"............ Such a needy one. :-_-:

None.

Mar 10 2008, 12:28 am midget_man_66 Post #234

Im part of the 2% who believes in more than one god. O.o ... I believe in Glorpzog, Zenos, and Fligganhoo. They are my idols. in the beginning of nothing, Glorpzog was a super bored god-dude. so he was like,"im totally gonna make myself some friends." , with that in mind, he leaned cheek and ripped ass to high heaven....And in that pool of cosmic fart all matter and energy was born, and his friends Zenos and Fligganhoo. they all teamed up, made life and the planets, and created a zillion different theories on how everything came to be...put them on earth, and watched the humans kill eachother. they are pretty satisfied.

None.

Mar 10 2008, 12:34 am Dapperdan Post #235

*Chops off midget man's hand sticking out of the earth*

This is one topic that DOES NOT need to be revitalized. There are already plenty of similar topics out there that haven't been dead for 5 months if you want to post. That or make your own topic.

>>Locked

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 10 11 12
  Back to forum