Unit sprites
Jan 6 2009, 4:41 am
By: Toothfariy
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Jan 7 2009, 7:59 am okeee Post #21

Quote from Falkoner
I thought only a few unit sprites crash sc?

That looks like a list of units that crash the game, sprites that crash the game are:
[collapse Sprite List]Hydralisk
Infested Kerrigan
Archon Energy
Dark Archon Energy
Civilian
Marine
Firebat
Medic
Ghost
Kerrigan(ghost)
Siege Tank Base(Tank)
Siege Tank Turret(Tank)
Siege Tank Base(Siege)
Siege Tank Turret(Siege)
Refinery
Scanner Sweep
Vespane Geyser
White Circle
White Circle
White Circle
zmarker.grp
Wall Missle Trap 1
Wall Missle Trap 2
Wall Flame Trap 1
Wall Flame Trap 2
Dual Photon Blaster Hit
Particle Beam hit
Anti-Matter Missle
Phase Disruptor
Pulse Cannon
Photon Cannon
Psionic Storm
Fusion Cutter Hit
Gauss Rifle Hit
Gemini Missles
Fragmentation Grenade
Lockdown Missle
C-10 Rifle Hit
ATS/ATA Laser
Burst Lasers
Arclite Shock Cannon Hit
Yamato Gun
Lockdown Missle
Needle Spine Hit
pdriphit.grp
Sunken Colony Tentacle
Lethal Ejector?
Acid Spore
Glave Wurm
Seeker Spores
Parasite
Plague
Consume
Psionic Shockwave Hit
Phase Disruptor
Neutron Flare
Optical Flare Grenade
Halo Rockets
Corrosive Acid Shot[/collapse]

I think the main use of them is if you need a certain effect, which isn't too common, so the most common use is to make units stackable, I've used it in a number of maps and it's a pretty cool effect.

Ok so those are sprite units ?

None.

Jan 7 2009, 12:57 pm NudeRaider Post #22

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from okeee
*unit sprites
But yes, since you cannot disable pure sprites.

Jan 7 2009, 2:10 pm Heinermann Post #23

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

You people are forgetting Unit-sprites don't need to be disabled by default, in which case they act exactly like regular units.

The difference is that Unit-sprites have a slight delay before being placed, and they have the OPTION to be disabled. Things like Start Locations get placed as actual units. They are perfectly stable and underused. Their disabled counterpart plays the "construction" animation from iscript.

Jan 7 2009, 9:57 pm Toothfariy Post #24

so u mean to tell me that i can place a start location as a unit sprite (non-diabled) and people can walk up to it and select it as if it were a building?

i have another question,

im using SCM Draft for my main map editing, except for creating the sprites, it says only starforge can do that

but so in SCM Draft i cant seem to give the sprite to any specific player

in game all the sprites belong to player 1, so how do i make one for each player

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 7 2009, 10:41 pm by Toothfariy.

None.

Jan 8 2009, 12:56 am Falkoner Post #25

Actually, that was a list of all crashing sprites, including the unit sprites, here's just the unit sprites:
[collapse Crashing Unit Sprites]Hydralisk
Infested Kerrigan
Archon Energy
Dark Archon Energy
Civilian
Marine
Firebat
Medic
Ghost
Kerrigan(ghost)
Siege Tank Base(Tank)
Siege Tank Turret(Tank)
Siege Tank Base(Siege)
Siege Tank Turret(Siege)
Refinery
Scanner Sweep
Vespane Geyser[/collapse]

The difference is that Unit-sprites have a slight delay before being placed, and they have the OPTION to be disabled. Things like Start Locations get placed as actual units. They are perfectly stable and underused. Their disabled counterpart plays the "construction" animation from iscript.

What does the construction iscript do to it? The disabled one says it's a hallucination and when you click on it it says "Base is under attack" but other than that I don't see a difference, also, I love how you can return minerals to them, except the SCV doesn't do it by default, you specifically have to click the Start Location.

so u mean to tell me that i can place a start location as a unit sprite (non-diabled) and people can walk up to it and select it as if it were a building?

Yes

im using SCM Draft for my main map editing, except for creating the sprites, it says only starforge can do that

but so in SCM Draft i cant seem to give the sprite to any specific player

in game all the sprites belong to player 1, so how do i make one for each player

The latest versions of SCM Draft work with sprites better, so you don't need to use SCM Draft anymore, to change players while placing it works the same as Units, however, changing the owner later, you have to select them and hit Enter, then you have to make sure you select them in the properties window one at a time, multiselect doesn't work with sprites.

None.

Jan 8 2009, 1:23 am Heinermann Post #26

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

Actually, that was a list of all crashing sprites, including the unit sprites, here's just the unit sprites:
Massive incorrect list. This topic is about sprite-units, not pure sprites.

I love how you can return minerals to them, except the SCV doesn't do it by default, you specifically have to click the Start Location.
They will return automatically if a standard resource gathering building is placed somewhere else on the map.

What does the construction iscript do to it?
I thought it was the construction iscript. It looks like it works for the larva, marine, goliath turret, and some others. It doesn't appear to be the same for the Start Location. :/ (Either that, or my ICE opcodes are wrong again)

Something I forgot as well, unit-sprites will be placed with their default units.dat maxHP value rather than the one specified in the CHK. Any pre-placed unit-sprite for player 12 will show up in melee(including the preview).

Jan 8 2009, 1:25 am Falkoner Post #27

Massive incorrect list. This topic is about sprite-units, not pure sprites.

Is the second list wrong as well?

None.

Jan 8 2009, 2:25 am Toothfariy Post #28

Quote from Falkoner
The latest versions of SCM Draft work with sprites better, so you don't need to use SCM Draft anymore, to change players while placing it works the same as Units, however, changing the owner later, you have to select them and hit Enter, then you have to make sure you select them in the properties window one at a time, multiselect doesn't work with sprites.

u mean i dont need starforge?

and i tried that giving it to another player but it didnt do anything when i went to test it on my map. in SCMDraft it says its owned by player 2 but it belongs to player 1 on the map

None.

Jan 8 2009, 2:41 am Falkoner Post #29

I know, you need to go into the dialog box, make sure you select it specifically, as in highlight the name of the sprite you want, just changing it's owner when you hit enter won't do it. Also, make sure you have this version of SCM Draft.

None.

Jan 8 2009, 2:51 am Toothfariy Post #30

ah yeah, ur right

now how do i place them like i did using starforge?
cuz on SCMDraft, a command center just appears as a blizzard sign, which is kinda buzzare but in game its a CC

None.

Jan 8 2009, 5:05 am Falkoner Post #31

Get that updated version I posted, I asked SI to fix sprites in SCM Draft, so they look better now.

None.

Jan 8 2009, 5:14 am Toothfariy Post #32

yeah i have the updated version

and another question, how does it decide what sprite goes on top of which?

None.

Jan 8 2009, 5:19 am Falkoner Post #33

If one sprite is above the middle of the other, usually it goes behind it, it's kinda weird though.

None.

Jan 8 2009, 7:03 am rockz Post #34

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from Toothfariy
yeah i have the updated version

and another question, how does it decide what sprite goes on top of which?
I believe the newest one goes on the top. It takes all of 5 seconds to test though.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jan 8 2009, 11:51 am Toothfariy Post #35

well i had a stack of command centers, and i wanted to make a cool effect with the crystal formation on top of it, so people think they're returning minerals to it, but the command centers were on top of it

and they're all sprites too

and another question, how do u make unit sprites invincible? via trigger or what?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 9 2009, 12:11 am by Toothfariy.

None.

Jan 10 2009, 10:12 am NudeRaider Post #36

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

unit sprites work like units

Jan 10 2009, 11:14 am okeee Post #37

And unit sprites mineral fields? Can you change their properties so you can use them because they have 0 minerals.

None.

Jan 10 2009, 11:21 am rockz Post #38

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

yes, they work just like units. The term "unit sprite" is misleading. You'll have to change them via triggers, though.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jan 10 2009, 7:07 pm okeee Post #39

Are unit sprites in the game itself still counted as sprites?

None.

Jan 10 2009, 7:45 pm Toothfariy Post #40

okay so in SCMDraft, there are sprites. it has doodad, special, units, then it has "unit sprites"

what is the difference between sprite units, and these unit sprites? or is there one?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum