Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: Nibbits Map Database
Nibbits Map Database
Dec 15 2008, 11:36 pm
By: zeeg  

Dec 19 2008, 1:42 am payne Post #21

:payne:

Just one thing: add more possibilities of research (author, file size, tileset, etc...) please :O
(Which means you should also add a place where people can write down the author's name if they know it)

None.

Dec 19 2008, 7:07 am StrikerX22 Post #22

Author: Like, tags, for example? =P File size and tileset should be automatic functions, and are. So either he made a quick change or...

None.

Dec 20 2008, 3:49 am scwizard Post #23

Automatically accepts maps? Automatic thumbnail generation?

Sounds similar to maplantis.

None.

Dec 21 2008, 1:18 am zeeg Post #24

Quote from scwizard
Automatically accepts maps? Automatic thumbnail generation?

Sounds similar to maplantis.
Except it won't sink under the sea :)

None.

Dec 24 2008, 5:57 pm zeeg Post #25

I went ahead and added a description field. It's optional, and if it's not filled in it will use the one stored within the map.

None.

Dec 24 2008, 6:41 pm Demented Shaman Post #26

I like how my map is getting a lot more downloads at your database than at SEN. It has a total of 37 downloads a day averaging 6 downloads a day while at SEN it's been there for six months and only has 18 downloads.

None.

Dec 24 2008, 10:36 pm Devourer Post #27

Hello

Thanks, it's better then the one from SEN (sorry IP : D)

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Dec 26 2008, 2:17 am zeeg Post #28

Quote from name:Mayor
I like how my map is getting a lot more downloads at your database than at SEN. It has a total of 37 downloads a day averaging 6 downloads a day while at SEN it's been there for six months and only has 18 downloads.

I have noticed that the typical users who come to the site really rely on the "new maps" and "popular maps" boxes/sections. New maps tend to get quite a few downloads when they get put on there.

Also keep in mind, Nibbits is the first result for "Starcraft Maps" in Google. My hope is that this helps players discover new, and more quality maps. It's original intention was just for WC3 as I stated (because every site I found was completely useless for this purpose), but it seems SC is adopting it very well.

None.

Dec 26 2008, 5:06 pm Falkoner Post #29

Yeah, I noticed that too, how did you manage to get it up there?

None.

Dec 26 2008, 6:49 pm Demented Shaman Post #30

I think melee maps and UMS maps should be separated.

Also, is the downloads counter updated immediately after each download?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 27 2008, 5:38 pm by Mayor.

None.

Dec 27 2008, 9:21 pm zeeg Post #31

Quote from name:Mayor
I think melee maps and UMS maps should be separated.

Also, is the downloads counter updated immediately after each download?

There may be a way I can do this automatically in the map parsing but I'm unsure currently. The downloads counter gets updated daily, and the average daily downloads is a rolling average from the past few days (I think I have it set at 7).

None.

Dec 28 2008, 8:06 pm scwizard Post #32

Your map is not currently supported by Nibbits.
What's going on here?

Why can't I upload mouse defense?

None.

Dec 28 2008, 8:19 pm Symmetry Post #33

Dungeon Master

My first guess would be that it's odd size is messing it up.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Dec 28 2008, 8:28 pm scwizard Post #34

Quote from name:Killer_Kow
Oh ya, that's probably it.

Tis a pity.

None.

Dec 29 2008, 5:49 am zeeg Post #35

Quote from scwizard
Quote from name:Killer_Kow
Oh ya, that's probably it.

Tis a pity.

I wonder if that is the common factor. Maybe this is something I can fix without harassing the guy who made the SC components :)

None.

Dec 29 2008, 1:26 pm Clokr_ Post #36

Wow my jail break map is in there. I wasn't expecting the database to be that big :P

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 29 2008, 1:43 pm by Clokr_.

?????

Jan 10 2009, 6:41 am Jack Post #37

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

This is pwnage because PKs Raccoon City 1.09 is like 4th in line for most popular, and if you remove the fastest map at the top, it's third, which makes this simply pwnage.

***EDIT***
Altthough...Starship troopers maps are up there too, I've never understood how people can like such a monotonous map...

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Jan 12 2009, 3:29 am StrikerX22 Post #38

Every good/creative mapper's problem. It takes a lot to get a map to be accepted if it isn't at a level where the mentally deficient would understand it immediately.

None.

Feb 23 2009, 3:48 am NudeRaider Post #39

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Nice database! Very clean and easy to use interface, and you don't have to sign up. :cool2:
But I was wondering how the ranking system works. Can you make a FAQ section, where that is explained? Or just answer it here. Thanks.
I checked various parameters: Date the map went online, ratings, downloads, downloads per day, but I couldn't find common factors to the best rated maps.
I was also under the impression that new maps kinda automatically get a very high ranking, even shooting to #1 after 2-3 days. Is that possible?

Feb 23 2009, 4:00 am Demented Shaman Post #40

Quote from NudeRaider
Nice database! Very clean and easy to use interface, and you don't have to sign up. :cool2:
But I was wondering how the ranking system works. Can you make a FAQ section, where that is explained? Or just answer it here. Thanks.
I checked various parameters: Date the map went online, ratings, downloads, downloads per day, but I couldn't find common factors to the best rated maps.
I was also under the impression that new maps kinda automatically get a very high ranking, even shooting to #1 after 2-3 days. Is that possible?
http://www.staredit.net/129842/

None.

Options
  Back to forum