Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Protection vs Unprotection Discussion
Protection vs Unprotection Discussion
Sep 19 2007, 5:46 pm
By: mikelat
Pages: < 1 « 13 14 15 16 1720 >

Sep 26 2007, 12:52 am Akar Post #281

Yay, lets bash warboards... oh wait, I'm an active member there...

None.

Sep 26 2007, 12:56 am Protogod Post #282

Quote from Falkoner
I really don't care if you go to warboards, because here, we know what we are doing, and so does 'smart boy' yoshi.

lol, actually I came here from there. I'm just visiting since you guys are new in town.

And it is ever-so-clear just what you guys here know, because as I see it, we get all the good maps posted here on WB, just sooner. I mean, I've seen all of titan's maps on wb and excalibur's maps on wb. Other than those, what good melee maps do you see here?

Killerkow's? seen 'em on wb.

So, lol, have fun arguing about whether you should make people unprotect maps, or simply hand them over. I'll go back to lurking about, unless someone thinks they have something to say that can tickle my fancy for debate.

None.

Sep 26 2007, 12:58 am Akar Post #283

I have to say WB has a much better melee map anything than SEN and maplantis combined. However, I tend to be the only active veteran UMS mapper there.
and a message for you all:
WHO GIVES A SHIT?!
^ that was from Heinermann.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 26 2007, 1:03 am by Akar.

None.

Sep 26 2007, 7:06 am mikelat Post #284

Quote from Protogod
blah blah blah
I'm sorry, we're much too busy fucking ourselves.

Besides, a little site like this one is not going to make a big difference for your big agenda :)

None.

Sep 26 2007, 2:35 pm TitanWing Post #285

Quote from Protogod
I, for one, don't want my maps to be editable by the public, which is the ONLY thing that is up for debate here. But thanks to yoshi's ploy, that really isnt even up for debate. All this thread does is give people the illusion that their opinion matters.

Smart boy, yoshi. Not smart enough, though.

Quote from Yoshi da Sniper
Quote from Protogod
blah blah blah

Besides, a little site like this one is not going to make a big difference for your big agenda :)
So...you're proving Proto's point? Nothing anyone says is going to change your mind, you're just making this topic so you can say some people support you when you endorse OSMAP.

None.

Sep 26 2007, 2:41 pm Kellimus Post #286

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
While the work you put in "yours" (the map would not exist without your interaction), the inherent problem is that the finished product does not belong to you, which is stated in the EULA. :(

.......Which is what I've been saying since my first post in here.

What does protection do? Corrupts the chk so that staredit cannot read it and starcraft can. This is not something that can be twisted or debated, thats what it really does (if you need to, you can ask clokr, lw or si about this, they'll tell you the same thing). Can you learn anything from a protected map? Nope.

I could be saying stuff like "Do you have the moral rights to prohibit people from having fun with a game they legitimately purchased?" or "do you have the moral right to police the way people play the game and dictate how they decide to spend THEIR time and THEIR enjoyment?"

Anything can sound good or bad depending on how you twist the words.

Why do you speak of Morality Yoshi? You've proven to many of the old members, that you have none. Run away from SeN when you're tired of it much?

Quote from Falkoner
Lol, I haven't seen any good maps come from you, or any help either, so I really don't care if you go to warboards, because here, we know what we are doing, and so does 'smart boy' yoshi.

If you knew what you were doing, you wouldn't be a Noob and use OSMAP to unprotect your maps when you can Hexidecimal Edit them to crack them....

Quote from Protogod
Quote from Falkoner
I really don't care if you go to warboards, because here, we know what we are doing, and so does 'smart boy' yoshi.

lol, actually I came here from there. I'm just visiting since you guys are new in town.

And it is ever-so-clear just what you guys here know, because as I see it, we get all the good maps posted here on WB, just sooner. I mean, I've seen all of titan's maps on wb and excalibur's maps on wb. Other than those, what good melee maps do you see here?

Killerkow's? seen 'em on wb.

So, lol, have fun arguing about whether you should make people unprotect maps, or simply hand them over. I'll go back to lurking about, unless someone thinks they have something to say that can tickle my fancy for debate.

Tickle your fancy? Are you a fairy? Just a simple question...

And if you came here from WarBoards, why are you here? To troll?

Cool. I suppose.

Quote from Protogod
blah blah blah

His big agenda? I think YOUR big agenda.

You don't have me fooled (And I'm pretty sure you don't have Cheeze or Esponeo, or any of the other members who wittnessed you leave SeN numerous times... Especially when it started getting bad, or "you got sick of it"). You started this thread to provoke people into flaming and talking shit on everyone.

Why bring up a redundant thing from the past that was already discussed?

Oh, so you can provoke people into flame and spam, and try to say its their fault. Good way at manipulating the situation Yoshi. Oh, and can't forget how you probibly started this thread so you could flip-flop AGAIN and support OSMAP regardless of what you told other people.. Which in turn would make you a hypocritical liar.

But what do I know? I'm just here, pointing out how much of a hypocrite you are, and I'm just "trolling"

Fair enough :)

None.

Sep 26 2007, 2:43 pm Kellimus Post #287

Quote from Yoshi Da Sniper
I wasn't getting much support financially or technically from the two co-founders and they got used to me doing everything...

O RLY?

That's why IP had to start paying EVERYTHING after your fat-ass bolted out the last time to go work on your "Latova"?

And that's why IP did the majority of the programming in v4 when you'd run off like a little girl?

No wonder I have so much distaste for you. You arrogantly and blatantly flaunt around the fact that your a manipulative lying person.

But I'm just a nasty troll who likes to point out the truth in situations, so have fun with that :)

None.

Sep 26 2007, 5:01 pm mikelat Post #288

You're the second person to tell me I have an evil agenda in this topic so far yet neither one of you has yet to tell me what it is. I started this thread so that everybody could have their voice in debating a sensitive subject because I believe that you, the users, have the right to decide the site's policies. Anyway, thats how I thought of it at Maplantis. Unfortunately here there are too many trolls and people who can't handle this it appears without taking offense or bitching about it.

BTW the last time I didn't bolt out of here to work on latova (I had started on making a board software but didn't get started until a few months later). I had financial and time problems, which is why I had to leave. I love SEN, which is why im here right now. If you don't know WHY I left the last time then I suggest you shut up about the subject instead of making up your own retarded reasons. If there was the possibility I could stay and kept paying/administrating the site back then, I would have. It would of been retarded for me to shut down the site at that time because it was at its peak.

Most of the coding in v4 was either mine, other peoples mods, or IPB. However IP did 90-95% of the work on v5, im not sure how much moose contributed and I still recognize a few things I wrote way back when. The v5 problems me and IP had were between me and him and none of your business.

None.

Sep 26 2007, 5:12 pm Zergblender Post #289

I'm in favor of open mapping,
but in some cases protecting your work may be usefull.
My point being, we all here know at least the basics of mapmaking and we are familiar with a little thing called Osmap.
We can all easely access a map regardless if it's protected or not.
Protecting your map might come in handy incase you don't want a noobish b.net pub to screw with your map.
I've seen alot of maps that pubs wrecked because they couldn't beat the hard version.
I hate rigged maps and since most pubs never heard of Osmap I decided to make two versions of every map I would make.
A protected one to host in public and an unprotected for private games or to exchange to trustworthy mapmakers.

None.

Sep 26 2007, 7:26 pm Xx.Doom.xX Post #290

Quote from Protogod
This is ridiculous. I'll be on warboards not getting my maps stolen, kthx.

I, for one, don't want my maps to be editable by the public, which is the ONLY thing that is up for debate here. But thanks to yoshi's ploy, that really isnt even up for debate. All this thread does is give people the illusion that their opinion matters.

Smart boy, yoshi. Not smart enough, though.
I'm lmao. Seriously, ROFL! THIS IS GREAT! Funniest post ever.

You must think maps are getting stolen by the second of something that OSMAP is the present. "I don't want my maps to be editable by the public" - Congratulations, do you want a naner? What is that solving here? What are you even doing here? Don't you have a site to run or something?

/fucks self

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 26 2007, 8:03 pm by Xx.Doom.xX.

None.

Sep 26 2007, 7:37 pm Akar Post #291

Kellimus, if you don't have anything productive to say, don't say it.

Hmm? As for that topic on maplantis was to see where maplantis stood on the topic of Unprotection. And don't start dissing mappers, that will only give you less respect by all of the other mappers around you. You don't see me go around saying, "You know that one mapper that is a complete RETARD."

None.

Sep 26 2007, 9:29 pm Moose Post #292

We live in a society.

Sorry protogod, nobody ever needed OSMAP.exe to steal a melee map. You've been able to generate an image of the map for quite some time... after that it's a matter of time. (and yes, I did do that when remaking one of my own maps... either the tools weren't available yet or I was just dumb, but I did pull it off) :P

Sep 26 2007, 10:25 pm TitanWing Post #293

Taking a picture of a map is stealing? What's next, seriously...? I've "stolen" quite a few maps by making pictures.

Fact: OSMAP is used to steal maps, like it or not, it's true.
Fact: Mappers can make a thread asking for help if they do not know how to do something, unprotection is unneccesary.
Fact: Protection actually protected maps (zomg!) before OSMAP and other unprotectors.
Fact: There's no point to this debate, OSMAP will be glorified here because the staff don't give a shit about the opinions of people who disagree with them.
Fact: A much more honorable course for SEN to take is returning to the great FAQ, tutorial, walkthrough, file and advice database that it used to be rather than becoming an OSMAP advertisement site. Tutorials can cover everything without putting everyone's hard work at risk.

None.

Sep 26 2007, 10:34 pm Moose Post #294

We live in a society.

Quote from TitanWing
Taking a picture of a map is stealing? What's next, seriously...? I've "stolen" quite a few maps by making pictures.
It's not taking the picture that constitutes stealing. It's replicating it. A melee map is primarily composed of terrain and preplaced units, which are all visible in the picture. "You've been able to generate an image of the map for quite some time... after that it's a matter of time." implies that what you're doing during the "matter of time" is the stealing.

Quote from TitanWing
Mappers can make a thread asking for help if they do not know how to do something, unprotection is unneccesary.
Yes, I proved this in that Maplantis thread I've developed a habit of referring to.

Quote from TitanWing
OSMAP will be glorified here because the staff don't give a shit about the opinions of people who disagree with them.
I glorify OSMAP the concept. Not OSMAP.exe. They happen to both be referenced by the same name.

Quote from TitanWing
Fact: A much more honorable course for SEN to take is returning to the great FAQ, tutorial, walkthrough, file and advice database that it used to be rather than becoming an OSMAP advertisement site. Tutorials can cover everything without putting everyone's hard work at risk.
We plan to.

Sep 26 2007, 10:42 pm Protogod Post #295

Quote from Protogod
blah blah blah
sorry I hurt your feelings? Really, I see that you've found the time to argue personally, and yet you havent refuted a word of my post.

Zomg my big agenda! Its a conspiracy to make SEN fail by protecting mappers rights & pointing out obvious flaws in your logic! Holy shit!

None.

Sep 26 2007, 10:43 pm Kenoli Post #296

Quote from Protogod
This is ridiculous Nobody here steals maps.

None.

Sep 26 2007, 10:55 pm Twitch Post #297

Quote from Kenoli
Quote from Protogod
This is ridiculous Nobody here steals maps.
Agreed and further more protogod your problem as excailber has stated is you don't see the Open Source side So I don't understand why you are here.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 27 2007, 3:50 am by Twitch.

None.

Sep 26 2007, 11:06 pm Protogod Post #298

Quote from Twitch
Agreed and further more protogod your problem as excailber has stated is you don't see the side Open Source

I dont see the side open source? Care to elaborate, as I speak english.

None.

Sep 26 2007, 11:08 pm MrrLL Post #299

I've seen more loops in this topic than at Cedar Point :P

None.

Sep 26 2007, 11:09 pm Akar Post #300

/me agrees with merrell

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 13 14 15 16 1720 >
  Back to forum