Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: SEN Mafia X
SEN Mafia X
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Nov 25 2008, 4:49 am
By: Moose
Pages: < 1 « 30 31 32 33 3441 >

Dec 29 2008, 7:46 am Moose Post #621

We live in a society.

If me not deleting EcHo's post hasn't made this apparent...
The ILLUMINATOR has called upon his power for the second and last time. The darkness recedes in an area of the town, where discussion begins.

Dec 29 2008, 7:56 am Echo Post #622

Moose likes me.
I say we kill Shocko and Viet-X for their crime!

None.

Dec 29 2008, 8:39 am WoAHorde Post #623

Morons. Vi3t-X, Flyinghat, and Shocko are our top priorities, although I'm thinking that Shocko might just be stupid in his guessing. I say we start with Flyinghat.

Doctors, please protect wisely....

None.

Dec 29 2008, 9:20 am Doodan Post #624

Damn. Keeping my Paravin vote probably wouldn't have changed anything. There's only 1 doctor left. To any townies haven't used their powers yet: You can not only dodge, but you can also shield other players.

I'm actually kind of nervous about who's gonna get capped next. I've been saying it for so long, but if I don't survive tonight, I'll say it one last time: PARAVIN IS MAFIA!! YOU MUST LYNCH HIM!!

I also highly suspect Oyen, fyi.

None.

Dec 29 2008, 9:29 am Echo Post #625

Doodan, I got you!

None.

Dec 29 2008, 9:32 am Doodan Post #626

:)

We should also discuss what just happened. It doesn't seem so wise anymore to just follow Shocko's whims. He changed his target 5 or so times. I admit, I kinda believed it might be A_of-s_t, but since it wasn't, we need to base our decisions on CLUE ANALYSIS and not msn conversations we did not witness or the whims of the loudest voice in the room.

None.

Dec 29 2008, 9:58 am JaFF Post #627

That's the way it is, Dood. The loudest voice always gets what he wants in Mafia games around here. People need to spend 5 minutes more on thinking what is actually happening in the game. >_<

None.

Dec 29 2008, 9:58 am DT_Battlekruser Post #628

Hear, hear, Doodan!

None.

Dec 29 2008, 3:43 pm Vi3t-X Post #629

I never claimed to be the broadcast...
Wait a minute. If...
Damnit, Shocko screwed me over.

None.

Dec 29 2008, 7:36 pm InsolubleFluff Post #630

I will now be explaining why I believed A of S T to be mafia. I am personally sorry about this mistake, and am retiring from mafia hunta. I will be using more clue analysis, but do expect my same farfetched tactics this game.

Okay so Day 1 we had to lynch a person. This came to be greo. A townie. Now what we had that day was two major bandwaggons. NerdyTerdy and Greo. Of which everyone voted:

Lynch 1

So after that and the nights killing we were left with.
Possibilities

So the next day's lynching I bandwaggoned against Payne and ultimately what formed was once again, two bandwaggons.
Lynch 2

Now day one the mafia had it easy. Town was bandwaggoning against greo, who they knew to be townie, so they could do whatever they want, sit back relax and get a kick out of it.
However day two I spent turning people against payne. Now the tables were turned. They needed to save payne. However as we all know, joining a bandwaggon against your own teammate isn't always logical, though sometimes benefitial. So I seperated people into categories. Those who voted Randoms, Those who voted Payne, Those who voted Myself and Those who would chose to abstain and what you get is:
Shocko

Payne

Random

Abstain
~

Now I came down to 4 categories. Realistically I should have looked at all categories for consistancies. However when doing this sort of analyzing you have to make certain assumptions. I assumed that since I was a relatively large bandwaggon, Quite a few mafia would be attempting to try to kill me. So what we had was 6 candidates. However with Payne dead we now had 5.

Shocko 5/6

I So now there were 5 Possible mafia's. The exact amount this game needed. However I was due to whatever reasons not convinced Doodan or Echo were mafia... so that lead me to narrow it down to:

Shocko 3/6

So now I decided to look into these 3 people. I noticed that Hitoriki hadn't voted at all, however A of S T had, and so had TassadarZeratul.

So this left me with a list of people I considered possible mafia, and in order to organize this list, I had to prioritize, who I had thought was mafia.
Mafia Suspects

After doing this I took the two most suspicious people, A of S T and TassadarZeratul and then looked at who they were voting. A of S T and TassadarZeratul. Going by my table I decided to 'say' they were mafia. Now if they were working together but then voting on two people it would mean two mafia voting on two townies. This would lead me to believe that lynching NerdyTerdy if he was a townie would of resulted in FlyingHat automatically taking the spotlight. During the night however, he probably would of been left to live. Now this jumps everyone to two possible conclusions. He's a mafia and you were right the first time, lets auto bandwaggon against him... OR... new clues would of been brought up that pointed at someone else and you'd completely dismiss the clues towards him.

So yes, there wasn't particularly much evidence on my behalf, however most people who voted him either already believed he was mafia or had doubts in his town role.

Now I know I messed up here, by getting the broadcaster alive, but I am really stressing the importance here of clue analysis. The night will last a few days, this gives us time to build SOLID, CONCRETE evidence on our prime suspects, and possibly new suspects. However, let's not JUST look for current clues, let's look for things we EXPECT to happen; ASSUMING a person is mafia. For example we make a solid lead on NerdyTerdy and reoccuring characters, then we look for something that points to that again. But remember, every clue can point to multiple people. So instead of saying 'This person is best fitted for this clue' we should pull together and make a solid case.

I personally volunteer, as i'm sure Doodan and some others will to. To personally read over peoples clue interepretations and consolidate them. As well as this, I will keep a chart if everyone will like with a list of suspects, rated green, yellow, orange. People will only become red once we're almost certain of it.

However... remember, like I should of reminded you all before. What I am doing is NOT solid evidence. You take what I have as a refference, somewhere to start as you will...

Because someone is rated Orange, it does not mean they are any more likely then someone that's green, necessarily. Unfortunately the mafia will get to vote on who is green, yellow and orange. So be open to everyone being a suspect, but if you're town aligned, make RATIONAL decisions and not farfetched tactics.

For this system to work I suppose we should do this:
Everyone gets 3 points. You can up to three points on one person. You can subtract up to three of your points from one person also. To vote simply put.

Name :: Mafia + X
For Example: Shocko :: A_of_s-t + 3
21 People
3 Votes
63 possible votes
This system will only work tonight, however if you want to continue it in the day we will have to make specifics so that moose doesn't get confused what's a real vote and what's a tally.

Green 1 - 9
Yellow 10 - 24
Orange 25 - 39
Red 40+

I will also keep this constantly updated in a collapse box. Sorry, best of luck to us all!! TOWN SHALL PREVAIL!

NOTE: DO NOT SAY TL;DR IF YOU DO NOT READ THIS ITS YOUR OWN FAULT. ANSWERS WERE ASKED FOR AND HERE THEY ARE. IF THIS IS NOT FOR YOU. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Dec 29 2008, 11:01 pm by Shocko.

None.

Dec 29 2008, 11:00 pm Doodan Post #631

I hope everyone also takes advantage of the massive post I made on the last page, where I went through the whole topic and tagged everything that everyone thought might be a clue. It was a bitch to make! Using Shocko's system, I'd like to add a point to my two favorite suspects Paravin and Oyen. I'll save my last point for later.

None.

Dec 29 2008, 11:03 pm InsolubleFluff Post #632

I changed a few rules, remember you can subtract points at any time.
Please also use proper format, it helps me log it.
Doodan :: Paravin + 1
Doodan :: Oyen + 1
Suspects

None.

Dec 30 2008, 12:43 am FatalException Post #633

FlyingHat should be red, but I guess he's orange. A_of-s_T was the only one who listened to me. :(

+3 FlyingHat

By the way, thanks for not bitchin' me out for using my power this time. Like you did last time. :disgust:

None.

Dec 30 2008, 12:47 am InsolubleFluff Post #634

Out of the 63 possible points, remember mafia holds possession of a maximum of 15 points. Which is 1/4 of the total votes. So it's not 100% reliable. Just a reminder.

Suspects

Also another reminder. USE THE FORMAT!

FatalException :: FlyingHat + 3

A third reminder... so people don't get this system taken the wrong way. This is not 'WHO SHOULD WE LYNCH?' this is at most a guideline to who the town is most suspicious of...

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 30 2008, 12:56 am by Shocko.

None.

Dec 30 2008, 1:46 am InsolubleFluff Post #635

Old Clue... New interepretation.

The recurring characters 'clue' has been going on for a while now. And as far as I know, you've all looked at it as a matter of who has the same letter in their name multiple times, or a number or just a general character recurring. Well Doodan said in here somewhere that he thought it was just people that were in the dreams frequently which is odd seeing as you don't often have those sort of dreams. Well, as another interpretation I went through all 10 SEN Mafia's to see which characters have reccured throughout. This was my findings:

Reccuring Character List

Idea's? suggestions?

None.

Dec 30 2008, 1:49 am Doodan Post #636

Quote from FatalException

By the way, thanks for not bitchin' me out for using my power this time. Like you did last time. :disgust:
Do you resent using your power unwisely or being called out for it?

None.

Dec 30 2008, 2:07 am NudeRaider Post #637

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

NudeRaider :: NerdyTerdy +1
NudeRaider :: Flying Hat +1
NudeRaider :: Paravin +1

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 30 2008, 2:32 am by NudeRaider.

Dec 30 2008, 2:07 am InsolubleFluff Post #638

NudeRaider :: Nerdy +1
NudeRaider :: Flying Hat +1
NudeRaider :: Paravin +1

Please for the love of god... use the proper format as indicated...

Suspects

None.

Dec 30 2008, 6:55 am DT_Battlekruser Post #639

DT_Battlekruser :: NerdyTerdy +1
DT_Battlekruser :: Paravin +1
DT_Battlekruser :: TassadarZeratul +1

There is, I feel, a fair amount of evidence against Nerdy no matter how he acts. But I like Doodan's interpretations on Paravin, so I logically name him my prime suspect. There are also good behavioral links on TassadarZeratul.

None.

Dec 30 2008, 9:07 am WoAHorde Post #640

Quote from FatalException
FlyingHat should be red, but I guess he's orange. A_of-s_T was the only one who listened to me. :(

+3 FlyingHat

I listend to A of s t. :P

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 30 31 32 33 3441 >
  Back to forum