Pages: < 1 2 3 4 518 >

Nov 18 2008, 7:28 pm Devourer Post #41

Hello

Quote from name:Killer_Kow
Ask "What town do you come from?"
If you asking it to someone which says the truth: From town #2
and if you asking it to someone which will lie: From town #2

WRONG ANSWER

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Nov 18 2008, 7:29 pm Symmetry Post #42

Dungeon Master

Quote from Devourer

WRONG ANSWER

Fine, let me rephrase: "Would you kindly point towards the town you come from?"

They will always point to the town of truth, whether or not you are actually in it.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Nov 18 2008, 7:30 pm Devourer Post #43

Hello

Quote from Devourer

WRONG ANSWER

They will always point to the town of truth, whether or not you are actually in it.

wrong.... you may try an other question? lol.... with that question you won't even know on which town you are

Nov 18 2008, 7:32 pm Phobos Post #44

Are you sure about that?

Devourer, if you asked them to point the town they come from, the ones from the town of truth would point to the place they are standing, while the ones from the town of lies would point to another town. Therefore, if they point somewhere away from wherever place they are standing, you know you are in the town of lies.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 18 2008, 7:34 pm by Phobos. Reason: Typo.

this is signature

Nov 18 2008, 7:34 pm Symmetry Post #45

Dungeon Master

Quote from Devourer
Quote from Devourer

WRONG ANSWER

wrong.... you may try an other question? lol.... with that question you won't even know on which town you are

Must I explain further?

There are two scenarios: you are in the town of truth or the town of lies.

Town of truth scenario: You ask him to point to the town he lives in. He points to the town you are in. You know you are in the town of truth.

Town of lies scenario: You ask him to point to the town he lives in. He points to the other town. Obviously, he's lying. You're in the town of lies.

Alternatively, you can ask him to point to the town you're currently in. You could also tell him your name and ask him what your name is. There are a number of other solutions to the problem.

Nov 18 2008, 7:34 pm Devourer Post #46

Hello

Quote from Phobos
Devourer, if you asked them to ppint the town they come from, the ones from the town of truth would point to the place they are standing, while the ones from the town of lies would point to another town. Therefore, if they point somewhere away from wherever place they are standing, you know you are in the town of lies.

OHH SORRY MY FAULT:.... you are right
the original question would be: Do you live here?? because you are the only tourist... my fault... i'm sorry xD

Nov 18 2008, 7:36 pm Symmetry Post #47

Dungeon Master

Quote from Devourer
Quote from Phobos
Devourer, if you asked them to ppint the town they come from, the ones from the town of truth would point to the place they are standing, while the ones from the town of lies would point to another town. Therefore, if they point somewhere away from wherever place they are standing, you know you are in the town of lies.

lol no??
The guys who are from the town of liers will point to the truth-town
the guys who are from the town of the truth-guys point also to the truth-town

there is a simply question... you SHOULD read the puzzle again..

Wow, is something wrong with you? Fine.

Ask them what 2+2 is. If they say 4, you're in the town of truth. If they don't, you're in the town of lies.

Learn logic please.

Nov 18 2008, 7:39 pm Phobos Post #48

Are you sure about that?

Kudos go for KK. He was the one to actually answer :P

this is signature

Nov 18 2008, 7:40 pm Symmetry Post #49

Dungeon Master

A group of people with assorted eye colors live on an island. They are all perfect logicians -- if a conclusion can be logically deduced, they will do it instantly. No one knows the color of their eyes. Every night at midnight, a ferry stops at the island. Any islanders who have figured out the color of their own eyes then leave the island, and the rest stay. Everyone can see everyone else at all times and keeps a count of the number of people they see with each eye color (excluding themselves), but they cannot otherwise communicate. Everyone on the island knows all the rules in this paragraph.

On this island there are 100 blue-eyed people, 100 brown-eyed people, and the Guru (she happens to have green eyes). So any given blue-eyed person can see 100 people with brown eyes and 99 people with blue eyes (and one with green), but that does not tell him his own eye color; as far as he knows the totals could be 101 brown and 99 blue. Or 100 brown, 99 blue, and he could have red eyes.

The Guru is allowed to speak once (let's say at noon), on one day in all their endless years on the island. Standing before the islanders, she says the following:

"I can see someone who has blue eyes."

Who leaves the island, and on what night?

There are no mirrors or reflecting surfaces, nothing dumb. It is not a trick question, and the answer is logical. It doesn't depend on tricky wording or anyone lying or guessing, and it doesn't involve people doing something silly like creating a sign language or doing genetics. The Guru is not making eye contact with anyone in particular; she's simply saying "I count at least one blue-eyed person on this island who isn't me."

No cheating. If you already know the solution, don't tell anyone. No googling, either :P

Nov 18 2008, 7:42 pm Fisty Post #50

in Dev's defense, no one ever said that they were all born in the town that live in.

None.

Nov 18 2008, 7:44 pm Symmetry Post #51

Dungeon Master

Quote from name:Deathman101
in Dev's defense, no one ever said that they were all born in the town that live in.

Refer to my alternate solutions :P

Nov 18 2008, 7:45 pm Devourer Post #52

Hello

Thx for def.... but you are the only tourists.... that says all :P

Nov 18 2008, 7:48 pm Fisty Post #53

Quote from Devourer
Thx for def.... but you are the only tourists.... that says all :P
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Tourist

Aaanyway I was just pointing out that the main argument was flawed, the name thing is win though.

None.

Nov 18 2008, 7:49 pm Devourer Post #54

Hello

A group of people with assorted eye colors live on an island. They are all perfect logicians -- if a conclusion can be logically deduced, they will do it instantly. No one knows the color of their eyes. Every night at midnight, a ferry stops at the island. Any islanders who have figured out the color of their own eyes then leave the island, and the rest stay. Everyone can see everyone else at all times and keeps a count of the number of people they see with each eye color (excluding themselves), but they cannot otherwise communicate. Everyone on the island knows all the rules in this paragraph.

On this island there are 100 blue-eyed people, 100 brown-eyed people, and the Guru (she happens to have green eyes). So any given blue-eyed person can see 100 people with brown eyes and 99 people with blue eyes (and one with green), but that does not tell him his own eye color; as far as he knows the totals could be 101 brown and 99 blue. Or 100 brown, 99 blue, and he could have red eyes.

The Guru is allowed to speak once (let's say at noon), on one day in all their endless years on the island. Standing before the islanders, she says the following:

There are no mirrors or reflecting surfaces, nothing dumb. It is not a trick question, and the answer is logical. It doesn't depend on tricky wording or anyone lying or guessing, and it doesn't involve people doing something silly like creating a sign language or doing genetics. The Guru is not making eye contact with anyone in particular; she's simply saying "I count at least one blue-eyed person on this island who isn't me."

No cheating. If you already know the solution, don't tell anyone. No googling, either :P

I know that puzzle [just with sheeps and red dots on their head] so i won't tell the answer... good luck to the others... ^^
it's damn hard as I think

Nov 18 2008, 7:53 pm Phobos Post #55

Are you sure about that?

I gave up.
a) The riddle itself is very hard
b) I don't like spenging huge-ass ammounts of time in things like this :P

this is signature

Nov 18 2008, 7:57 pm ClansAreForGays Post #56

Then WHO WAS PHONE?!

Nov 18 2008, 7:59 pm Vi3t-X Post #57

Bl(n) looks at Br(n+1). :|

None.

Nov 18 2008, 11:14 pm Oyen Post #58

I'm gonna take a guess and say a blue-eyed person leaves the island on night 200, when that person would be the only one remaining.

None.

Nov 19 2008, 12:03 am Vi3t-X Post #59

Night 201 with a Blue eyed person.

None.

Nov 19 2008, 12:04 am Symmetry Post #60

Dungeon Master

No correct answers so far.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 518 >
  Back to forum