Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Speed Mafia III: Consternation
Speed Mafia III: Consternation
Oct 5 2008, 5:26 am
By: Greo
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8

Oct 6 2008, 6:25 am Moose Post #141

We live in a society.

I could write a very angry letter right now about Mr. Devilesk, but I decided instead merely to express some constructive criticism. In the text that follows, I won't bother discussing the flaws in Mr. Devilesk's logic because he truly doesn't use any logic. Note that while he has been beating the drums of Trotskyism, I've been trying to open minds instead of closing them. In doing so, I've learned that the picture I am presenting need not be confined to Mr. Devilesk's manuscripts. It applies to everything he says and does.

Whenever Mr. Devilesk is blamed for conspiring to coordinate a revolution, he blames his cringers. Doing so reinforces their passivity and obedience and increases their guilt, shame, terror, and conformity, thereby making them far more willing to help Mr. Devilesk exploit the public's short attention span in order to carry our once-proud nation deeper into savagery and depravity. It's churlish for him to pilfer the national treasure. Or perhaps I should say, it's mad. I have often maintained that reasonable people can reasonably disagree. Unfortunately, when dealing with Mr. Devilesk and his dupes, that claim assumes facts not in evidence. So let me claim instead that Mr. Devilesk says that he can be trusted to judge the rest of the world from a unique perch of pure wisdom. That is the most despicable lie I have ever heard in my entire life.

I don't know which are worse, right-wing tyrants or left-wing tyrants. But I do know that the space remaining in this letter will not suffice even to enumerate the ways in which Mr. Devilesk has tried to irritate an incredible number of people. His press releases represent a backward step of hundreds of years, a backward step into a chasm with no bottom save the endless darkness of death. Will someone please explain to me what it is in our lives that can possibly make someone support hostile governments known for human rights abuses, wrongful imprisonment, and slavery? Because I certainly have no idea. I claim that a central fault line runs through each of Mr. Devilesk's ruses. Specifically, Mr. Devilesk is trying to brainwash us. He wants us to believe that it's sententious to tell it like it is; that's boring; that's not cool. You know what I think of that, don't you? I think that I have resisted taking legal action against Mr. Devilesk, as others have advised me to do. To say anything else would be a lie.

Please let me explain that we should agree on definitions before saying anything further about Mr. Devilesk's beer-guzzling cock-and-bull stories. For starters, let's say that "Bonapartism" is "that which makes Mr. Devilesk yearn to deprive individuals of the right to discuss the programmatic foundations of his sex-crazed slogans in detail." The "facts" he has often stated contain some serious distortions. Some are blatant; others are subtle. One of the most randy is his discussion of lousy, biased manipulators of the public mind. All of this once again proves the old saying that Mr. Devilesk's ethics are built on a backlash fueled by anger -- in the form of resentment, spite, vengeance, envy, loss, and bitterness over declining status -- on the part of hideous sluggards.

I believe I have finally figured out what makes people like Mr. Devilesk dominate or intimidate others. It appears to be a combination of an overactive mind, lack of common sense, assurance of one's own moral propriety, and a total lack of exposure to the real world. At this point, all I can do is repeat a line from my previous letter: "His ability to reason from premise to conclusion is nearly non-existent". Although his myopic stances were forged in the crucible of animalism, Mr. Devilesk maintains that he is a man of peace. This is hardly the case. Rather, there is growing evidence that says, to the contrary, that I shall not argue that his newsgroup postings are an authentic map of his plan to etiolate his enemies. Read them and see for yourself.

Oct 6 2008, 8:12 pm Paravin. Post #142

:crazy:

None.

Oct 6 2008, 8:23 pm Doodan Post #143

Was that from one of those complaint letter generators?

None.

Oct 6 2008, 8:57 pm Greo Post #144

Quote from name:
Was that from one of those complaint letter generators?

None.

Oct 6 2008, 9:06 pm Ultraviolet Post #145

There are many problems with Devilesk's bons mots. The one that's the most blatant, and the one that I will limit my discussion to, is related to his overt support of vandalism. It is requisite, even in this summary sketch, to go back a few years to see how the grossly fallacious reasoning behind Devilesk's tracts can be confirmed by some simple fact-checking. Now, that last statement is a bit of an oversimplification, an overgeneralization. But it is nevertheless substantially true. If I want to have a conniption, that should be my prerogative. I don't need Devilesk forcing me to.

Of perhaps even more concern is that if you've read this far then you probably either agree with me or are on the way to agreeing with me. Devilesk uses the very intellectual tools he criticizes, namely consequentialist arguments rather than arguments about truth or falsity. If I were to compile a list of his forays into espionage, sabotage, and subversion, it would fill an entire page and perhaps even run over onto the following one. Such a list would surely make every sane person who has passed the age of six realize that like a verbal magician, Devilesk knows how to lie without appearing to be lying, how to bury secrets in mountains of garbage-speak. I will never give up. I will never stop trying. And I will use every avenue possible to give the needy a helping hand as opposed to an elbow in the face.

The irony is that Devilesk's most adversarial warnings are also his most power-drunk. As the French say, "Les extremes se touchent." As a dying tree drops its leaves and is attacked by fungus and worms of decay, so too is a nation set upon by Devilesk. When he hears anyone say that his partisans form a craven organization devoted to harassment and barratry, his answer is to harvest what others have sown. That's similar to taking a few drunken swings at a beehive: it just makes me want even more to build an inclusive, nondiscriminatory movement for social and political change. I can say with absolute certitude that the extent of collaboration between him and irritable twerps is currently unknown but presumably significant. That's the sort of statement that some people claim is cuckoo but which I believe is merely a statement of fact. And it's a statement that needs to be made because I don't need to tell you that his ability to represent Heaven as Hell and, conversely, the most wretched life as paradise is astounding. That should be self-evident. What is less evident is that his argument that the cure for evil is more evil is hopelessly flawed and totally circuitous.

I once had a nightmare in which Devilesk was free to suppress all news that portrays him in a bad light. When I awoke, I realized that this nightmare was frighteningly close to reality. For instance, it is the case both in my nightmare and in reality that Devilesk believes that he commands an army of robots that live in the hollow center of the earth and produce earthquakes whenever they feel like shaking things up a bit on the surface. Sorry, but I have to call foul on that one.

Devilesk says that elitism is a be-all, end-all system that should be forcefully imposed upon us. Yet he also wants to make my stomach turn. Am I the only one who sees the irony there? I ask because he will probably throw another hissy fit if we don't let him spread hatred, animosity, and divisiveness. At least putting up with another Devilesk hissy fit is easier than convincing Devilesk's myrmidons that I wish that one of the innumerable busybodies who are forever making "statistical studies" about nonsense would instead make a statistical study that means something. For example, I'd like to see a statistical study of Devilesk's capacity to learn the obvious. Also worthwhile would be a statistical study of how many effrontive sandbaggers realize that I receive a great deal of correspondence from people all over the world. And one of the things that impresses me about it is the massive number of people who realize that the last time I heard Devilesk ramble on in his characteristically bibulous blather he said something about wanting to trivialize the issue. I feel sorry for the human race when I hear stuff like that. To sum it all up, learning the truth can be a painful experience, especially for Devilesk.

Oct 6 2008, 9:14 pm Greo Post #146

While you're probably sick of hearing about Mayor Devilesk, it is crucial that you read this letter. And that's why I feel compelled to say something about complacent thought police. I recently overheard a couple of abhorrent criticasters say that his flimflams are our final line of defense against tyrrany. Here, again, we encounter the blurred thinking that is characteristic of this Devilesk-induced era of slogans and propaganda.

As the oft-repeated saying goes, "There are lawsuits in Devilesk's future". The importance of that saying is that it reminds us that Devilesk's gofers get a thrill out of protesting. They have no idea what causes they're fighting for or against. For them, going down to the local protest, carrying a sign, hanging out with Devilesk, and meeting some other mingy maggots is merely a social event. They're not even aware that if Devilesk is going to talk about higher standards then he needs to live by those higher standards.

Even if careless wankers join Devilesk's band with the best of intentions, they will still enshrine irrational fears and fancies as truth by next weekend. Not all, I hasten to add, do join with the best of intentions. Devilesk will probably respond to this letter just like he responds to all criticism. He will put me down as "insidious" or "raffish". That's his standard answer to everyone who says or writes anything about him except the most fawning praise. He should think about how his memoirs lead spineless dingbats to manipulate everything and everybody. If Devilesk doesn't want to think that hard, perhaps he should just keep quiet. Everything I've written in this letter amounts to this: It remains to be seen if Mayor Devilesk will spew forth ignorance and prejudice in the blink of an eye.
K.

None.

Oct 6 2008, 9:17 pm Riney Post #147

Thigh high affectionado

What would be funny is if Moose wrote that himself, but rather touching at the same time.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Options
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8
  Back to forum