Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Ideas for Mafia roles
Ideas for Mafia roles
Sep 23 2008, 12:29 am
By: Greo
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 >

Oct 11 2008, 12:45 pm Hug A Zergling Post #141

Quote from Vi3t-X
Pilgrim - Player Migrates to other towns on pre-determined, random days. Selected player cannot be killed that day/night. Player can vote, but the vote will not actually count, more or less a fraudulent vote.
Make it Scott Pilgrim, and we'll talk ^^

Quote from Vi3t-X
devilesk - Ruin Game, Game Over.
Reeeeaaal clever, Donderino.

None.

Oct 11 2008, 8:05 pm Kaias Post #142

Sylar- Independently aligned. Upon being assigned this role he is also given a randomized list. If he gets the town to lynch the person at the top of the list then he gets that person's power. After that he can move onto the next person on the list.

That or he can kill someone every other night and gains their power.

None.

Oct 12 2008, 12:19 am Echo Post #143

Gambler -- This role has the ability to reveal ones role upon a chance of death. If he reveals a mafia, his role will be revealed, as well as the mafia's. If he reveals a towns person or a non-mafia role, he will instantly be killed off.

Hero -- This role does not have the ability to kill Mafia but save a non-mafia role from being Lynched by town or being killed off at night. If he is successful in saving a non-mafia role, he will be able to see which mafia tried to kill the victim, but may not be able to give away the mafia's role, except by interpretation. The hero may only be killed by lynching from townies.

None.

Oct 12 2008, 12:28 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #144

Just here for the activity... well not really

Drug Dealer - Every night, he chooses 1 person. That person will use his night power randomly. If a normal townsperson is chosen, then he will vote randomly.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Oct 12 2008, 5:03 am Riney Post #145

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from Kaias
Sylar- Independently aligned. Upon being assigned this role he is also given a randomized list. If he gets the town to lynch the person at the top of the list then he gets that person's power. After that he can move onto the next person on the list.

That or he can kill someone every other night and gains their power.

Wayyy too much heroes bro. Dont give him the regenrator power LuLZ

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Oct 12 2008, 6:00 am Greo Post #146

A preview of two of SMIV's potential roles:
Magician - The Magician may choose two targets each night. If a person were to be effected by an ability, the other is effected instead and vice versa.

Hanged Man - The Hanged Man may sacrifice his life for someone else's during a lynch. If he does so and saves a town aligned role, he may grant X lives to any number of people, where X is the number of Mafia the game started with. He may not give a person more than one life in this way.

HMM I WONDER WHAT THESE ROLES ARE BASED ON

None.

Oct 12 2008, 5:10 pm Moose Post #147

We live in a society.

Quote from Greo
Magician - The Magician may choose two targets each night. If a person were to be effected by an ability, the other is effected instead and vice versa.
DIRECTOR - Each night, the Director may redirect someone's power on to a new target. They select a person who they believe will be using a power and if their power has a target, it becomes redirected towards any player of his choice. He may redirect powers to himself.

Quote from Greo
No idea.

Oct 12 2008, 5:30 pm Greo Post #148

Quote from name:
Quote from Greo
DIRECTOR - Each night, the Director may redirect someone's power on to a new target. They select a person who they believe will be using a power and if their power has a target, it becomes redirected towards any player of his choice. He may redirect powers to himself.

Quote from Greo
No idea.
Wrong. Sorta.

None.

Oct 15 2008, 8:21 pm KrayZee Post #149

Werewolf - You are assigned as part of the townspeople. No one, not even the werewolf know they are the werewolf but an exception of the person in charge of the mafias games (MiniMoose2707). If he/she voted to lynch someone but that someone did not die through the end of the day, they will be able to kill that person during the night unless a doctor rescues that person. If the werewolf is attacked by the mafia/boondocks saint, the werewolf will die but injures the mafia/boondocks saint as well.
If the werewolf voted to lynch someone and it succeeds, he/she will not transform into a werewolf during the night. In the contrary, if he/she doesn't transform into a werewolf, mafia/boondocks saint can kill the werewolf without getting injured. Chances of knowing who the werewolf is should be a fifty fifty chance unless the werewolf alone is not supported by others, and if the werewolf murders that someone, there is a high chance of having the werewolf lynched during the day and/or killed by the mafia/boondocks saint during the night.

None.

Oct 15 2008, 8:34 pm lil-Inferno Post #150

Just here for the pie

Quote from KrayZee
Werewolf - You are assigned as part of the townspeople. No one, not even the werewolf know they are the werewolf but an exception of the person in charge of the mafias games (MiniMoose2707). If he/she voted to lynch someone but that someone did not die through the end of the day, they will be able to kill that person during the night unless a doctor rescues that person. If the werewolf is attacked by the mafia/boondocks saint, the werewolf will die but injures the mafia/boondocks saint as well.
If the werewolf voted to lynch someone and it succeeds, he/she will not transform into a werewolf during the night. In the contrary, if he/she doesn't transform into a werewolf, mafia/boondocks saint can kill the werewolf without getting injured. Chances of knowing who the werewolf is should be a fifty fifty chance unless the werewolf alone is not supported by others, and if the werewolf murders that someone, there is a high chance of having the werewolf lynched during the day and/or killed by the mafia/boondocks saint during the night.
I'm pretty sure you would be able to tell if you were a werewolf or not. Getting the urge to bite people and having fur growth at full moon is completely normal.

Oct 15 2008, 9:22 pm Biophysicist Post #151

CATS: He can make Moose fill the next clue with Zero Wing style text ("All your base are belong to us" kind of stuff) so that it is almost impossible to understand. Mafia role.

Zergling: May "Burrow". He activates this power during the day, not the night, and may only activate it while abstaining from the vote or not voting. He may not do anything at all related to Mafia for one in-game day, including posting in the thread (even spam about non-Mafia-related stuff). (The only thing that he may do is post "I abstain" or something if he hasn't already set his vote to abstain.) He may not be targeted by any powers. Not sure if it would be a Townie or Mafia role (in the later case, Burrowing would also remove his hit for the night.) Maybe both sides have one Zergling?

TassadarZeratul: THIS ROLE JUST LOST THE GAME!

None.

Oct 16 2008, 9:19 pm Conspiracy Post #152

Quote from lil-Inferno
Quote from KrayZee
I'm pretty sure you would be able to tell if you were a werewolf or not. Getting the urge to bite people and having fur growth at full moon is completely normal.

Not exactly that true lil, in the middle of the night while sleeping, you could transform without really knowing it. Then wake up in the middle of no where, thinking you were sleep walking, with blood everywhere and a body infront of you of course.

How about...

Bartender - After a day of debating on who should get linched, who doesn't want to chill at the bar, have a few shots? Well, every now and then, the bartender will catch a few strands of information (10% or so per day) that can be helpful. But he doesn't want to let them know that he has been overheard, cause that could result him in being killed. No one knows this person by name, but knows what he looks like. No one wants to comb through buildings for someone that might know information, so he is harmless.
With this gathered information, the bartender could persuade people with the information he knows, and for the epic lulz let everyone know, and let everyone know all the information he knows.
:unsure: ?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 16 2008, 9:33 pm by Epoch.

None.

Oct 17 2008, 4:24 am HailFire Post #153

Air Man: One day/night cycle of his choosing, AIR MAN WILL NOT DIE. Additionally, during the same period, he can kill one target of his choosing with his tornadoes.
Thereafter, functions like a normal townie.

Imagine, if you will: It's the last day, 1 townie, 1 mafia, and Air Man are still standing; and the townie gets lynched.

Mafia: I HAVE YOU NOW
Air Man: ORLY
Mafia: YA RLY
Air Man: AIR MAN CAN NOT DIE
Mafia: OHSHI-

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 17 2008, 4:29 am by HailFire.

None.

Oct 21 2008, 12:37 am Hug A Zergling Post #154

PARASITE - The parasite acts as a normal townsperson until killed. Once killed (by any means) He chooses a player to "infest". He shares the life of the player he infests, and once again acts like a normal townsperson until his host is killed (in which he dies too). He still counts as a dead townsperson, but can still vote, etc. No one knows who the parasite has infested except for him, Moose, and a dog named Boo.

None.

Oct 21 2008, 1:15 am Vi3t-X Post #155

Protoss Zealot

Abilities: CHARGE

Such a unit is so unique, that every night, beginning on the 3rd, the Zealot may use "Charge". When this ability is active, Zealots may charge into a target of their choosing and slay them. The death of such a person leaves clues as to who the Zealot is, but hey. He got a kill out of it.

None.

Oct 21 2008, 1:16 am Dapperdan Post #156

Quote from Vi3t-X
Protoss Zealot

Abilities: CHARGE

Such a unit is so unique, that every night, beginning on the 3rd, the Zealot may use "Charge". When this ability is active, Zealots may charge into a target of their choosing and slay them. The death of such a person leaves clues as to who the Zealot is, but hey. He got a kill out of it.

You realize that the only thing at all original about this role is the name 'zealot', right? That and the way you said it was a 'charge' ability.

None.

Oct 21 2008, 2:45 am Vi3t-X Post #157

The point was it to be a complete ripoff. Clearly I wasn't serious.

Hermit

A person isolated from the world. He lives in his shack where no one knows. When he dies, nothing happens. No clues. Just a dead body to be found - 2 days later.

None.

Oct 21 2008, 4:01 am Echo Post #158

Quote from Vi3t-X
The point was it to be a complete ripoff. Clearly I wasn't serious.

Hermit

A person isolated from the world. He lives in his shack where no one knows. When he dies, nothing happens. No clues. Just a dead body to be found - 2 days later.

That isn't even an important role. Even a townie is better than that.

None.

Oct 23 2008, 1:39 am Hug A Zergling Post #159

:P Note that the Parasite > Zealot.

None.

Nov 13 2008, 10:54 pm HailFire Post #160

Zombie-ing topic for great justice.

Decoy: The Decoy has two lives. Once per night, he may select a player to tail. All hits directed at that person hit the Decoy instead.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 >
  Back to forum