Sep 13 2008, 3:52 pm
By: Moose
Pages: < 1 « 7 8 9 10 1147 >

Sep 20 2008, 2:40 am Hug A Zergling Post #161

Quote from Echo
Quote from name:Mayor
Quote from Echo
Quote from Hug A Zergling
I didnt even get my role? i didnt even knew we started!
http://www.staredit.net/?p=mafia

PM me your role and description.
I would like to suggest to Moose that Echo is in violation of this rule:
C. One may not request screenshots or videos of another's role screen or someone's password via the thread, a PM, or any other method. The game is intended to be won via clue interpretation. Such exchanges will be punished severely and take place at your own risk.
It didn't happen so I didn't violate anything. Plus it was a joke.

2 votes for Mayor actually.

Vote for MAYOR

Dont joke with the new.

None.

Sep 20 2008, 2:43 am Dapperdan Post #162

Quote from Dapperdan
Quote from Dapperdan
Quote from Echo
I didnt even get my role? i didnt even knew we started!
http://www.staredit.net/?p=mafia

PM me your role and description.
I would like to suggest to Moose that Echo is in violation of this rule:
C. One may not request screenshots or videos of another's role screen or someone's password via the thread, a PM, or any other method. The game is intended to be won via clue interpretation. Such exchanges will be punished severely and take place at your own risk.

He didn't ask for a screenshot or a video. He said to pm it to him, I took it as him asking him to just copy+paste it over which would obviously prove nothing. In addition, I took it as a joke. :/
The rule states any other method. It also clearly implies the intention that the game be won via clue interpretation. I think any method that violates the spirit of that rule is a violation of it.

"Any other method" refers to the method of asking. Via pm, via the thread, or via any other method. The fact is that someone telling you what role they are doesn't mean ANYTHING. I understand your point but I think you're stretching it.

And echo there is definitely only one vote for mayor. What kevin said was not a vote.
What echo tried to do may not fall under the first sentence, but I believe the rest of the rule covers what he did. Regardless, as I said in my post I am merely making the suggestion to Moose and bringing it to his attention. I did not state that he definitely broke a rule because it is up to Moose to decide.

Also, I don't think the reliability of the evidence matters, the point is that Echo still requested it. If Hug a Zergling had just done of his own accord then that would be different.

K so I guess we basically agree. No need to argue the point further.

None.

Sep 20 2008, 2:48 am Hug A Zergling Post #163

Who's drunken noodles avatar of?

None.

Sep 20 2008, 3:10 am DrunkenNoodle Post #164

My avatar is from Trigun if you wish to know.

None.

Sep 20 2008, 3:22 am lil-Inferno Post #165

Just here for the pie

Of course, there is always fire somewhere in the Mafia posts, and people usually accuse me. Kill me if you must, I'm just going to say I am truthfully not Mafia.

I abstain as of now.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 20 2008, 3:32 am by lil-Inferno.

Sep 20 2008, 3:33 am Hug A Zergling Post #166

Quote from lil-Inferno
I abstain as of now.
This.

None.

Sep 20 2008, 3:36 am DT_Battlekruser Post #167

In addition to the clue pointing to you that you point out, death by fire seems like a pretty obvious clue. I'm just pointing this out because if you're going to use the idea that on the first night clues are never obvious as a defense for yourself you also have to apply it to other obvious clues.

I agree, and I don't think lynching inferno is a good idea. I was simply recalled that Moose was VERY insistent that NO FIRE could be in any clue since people would lynch inferno because of it. Just throwing it out there.

I'm going to pull a DTBK and say that the "gold" clue isn't THAT obvious. Furthermore, remember last mafia? GOLD star for smart tactics? Yea, that didn't point to me either. I guarantee that if the town idiotically lynches me then you'll greatly regret it.

I strongly agree with this; if previous games are any indication, then the gold will not point to something as obvious as that.

Now, for some of what I think and have seen.

-Could "gold ... foothills" be a reference to a mafia living in California? Who lives in California? I'll be candid and admit I do.
-"majestic mayor's manison" ... "mayor's mansion" is more "m" alliteration - this is probably irrelevant
-"shots spread into the air" is actually a very strong clue at HailFire
-The death of Moose is obviously, obviously a clue. I agree at first sight I though it was a Yamato Cannon; in fact since I read the clues before I looked at my role I was putting 2:1 odds on my being mafia. Devilesk pointed out krazee has a BC avatar - this would let it be a Yamato Cannon. Another more likely thing I thought of is that this attack is a reference to something else. Don't people from DBZ summon light beams from their hands? Does anyone have DBZ connections? (too tired to exhaustively research)
-"Owned" is obviously a clue, but I don't have any immediate suggestions based on it

For the time being,
I vote HailFire. I think it's kind of suspect because everyone started voting for him so soon, but there isn't a better choice right now and HailFire is not someone I regret lynching as a player. I want to flesh out who can summon light beams though; my intuition smells a sloppy clue.

And since nobody seems up to the work of keeping a good vote count, I will continue to do the honors, for the benefit of all of us.

VOTER :: LYNCH CANDIDATE

Dapperdan :: HailFire
Oyen :: HailFire
WoAHorde :: HailFire
TassadarZeratul :: HailFire
DT_Battlekruser :: HailFire (5)
Echo :: DT_Battlekruser -> devilesk (1)
devilesk :: Echo -> Abstain

Abstain: DrunkenNoodle (1), lil-Inferno (1), devilesk (1), Hug A Zergling (1)

Currently slated for lynching: HailFire

10 of 34 votes accounted for.

Also.. something I noticed

0 of 1 MAYOR alive.

Are we voting to lynch or elect a mayor? Moose never said...

None.

Sep 20 2008, 3:38 am Lingie Post #168

Yay mafia. I'm going to abstain for now, instead of pointing fingers like last game.. I think I learned my lesson.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Sep 20 2008, 3:41 am Hug A Zergling Post #169

Quote from name:Darkling
Yay mafia. I'm going to abstain for now, instead of pointing fingers like last game.. I think I learned my lesson.
Wth, I quoted you. you can't go around editing your posts willy-nilly ^^

I thought of Noodles, because he has "O, E, and D" in his name, and I assumed his avatar was of someone who could conjured a blinding hadouken of light. Apparently its from Trigun, and they don't have DBZ abilites :(

None.

Sep 20 2008, 3:44 am Lingie Post #170

wth, i quoted you. you can't go around changing editing your posts willy-nilly.

I thought of Noodles, because he has "O, E, and D" in his name, and I assumed his avatar was of someone who could conjured a blinding hadouken of light. Apparently its from Trigun, and they don't have DBZ abilites :(

Yes I can, I meant to add more.

Sep 20 2008, 3:44 am Echo Post #171

If there is a mayor, vote for me. I promise "Change". Yes we can! Yes we can! Yes we can! Yes we can! Yes we can! Yes we can! Yes we can! Yes we can! Yes we can! Yes we can! Yes we can!

None.

Sep 20 2008, 3:45 am Hug A Zergling Post #172

wth, i quoted you. you can't go around changing editing your posts willy-nilly.

Yes I can, I meant to add more.

You didn't add more, you changed it. Anyways i be kidding u.

None.

Sep 20 2008, 3:46 am Lingie Post #173

Quote from Echo
If there is a mayor, vote for me. I promise "Change". Yes we can! Yes we can! Yes we can! Yes we can! Yes we can! Yes we can! Yes we can! Yes we can! Yes we can! Yes we can! Yes we can!

Lul. DM for mayor.

Sep 20 2008, 3:48 am lil-Inferno Post #174

Just here for the pie

I change from abstaining to voting for HailFire.

Sep 20 2008, 3:48 am Echo Post #175

I don't trust the Dark brothers. Something is always up! Everyone! Vote Mayor. We have to get him down first.

None.

Sep 20 2008, 3:49 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #176

Just here for the activity... well not really

I think Moose was mayor and he's doing a variation where we elect a mayor tomorrow.

Oh, and, uh, I abstain.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Sep 20 2008, 3:51 am Lingie Post #177

Bah, nobody trusts me and DM.

Sep 20 2008, 3:57 am Hug A Zergling Post #178

Quote from lil-Inferno
I change from abstaining to voting for HailFire.
why so suspicious of Hailfire?

None.

Sep 20 2008, 3:58 am Oyen Post #179

Here's the the events of today, for those who don't want to go back to page 6.

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
After a long day of work, the citizens of Moosetown finally decide to go to sleep. The town is mostly agricultural, but something else has been growing with the harvest this year. An infiltration of mafia has been living among the town since the beginning, continuously plotting for an eventual mass murder and takeover of the town. With the discovery of gold in the foothills surrounding the town, the mafia decides that they must reveal their presence and begin their purge of the town.

The prime objective is to break the leadership. The majestic mayor's mansion sits in the middle of the town, a symbol of order. In the middle of the night, the roof of the mayor's mansion catches fire. Villagers rush in to try and evacuate the building and search for survivors. However, the town's efforts are poorly coordinated, allowing the mafia charge in alongside the town, unknown to them. As the villagers struggle to open all the doors of the large building and investigate, the sledgehammers and tools used to break open doors are brought upon the heads of the townspersons. The combination of the burning building and the murderous infiltration kills all of the rescuers.

The mafia stand outside and admire their handiwork. However, they do not see Mini Moose 2707, the mayor. When the fire started, his reaction was to grab his trusty shotgun and climb out of his window. "Who are you?" demands Mini Moose 2707, cocking the shotgun as he courageously approaches the mafia. "We are the mafia" replies the nearest mafia. Moose charges at the mafia and pulls the trigger. However, the shot spreads harmlessly through the air because the mafia has disappeared into the ground.

Right before the battle is about to intensify, a light appears from one of the mafia. The light goes straight through the chest of Mini Moose 2707, killing him and setting fire to a house behind him. Their mission complete, the mafia retreat back into hiding to plan the next night's attacks.

Upon waking, a shocked town tries to piece together exactly what happened. Upon examining the corpse of Mini Moose 2707, it is noted that the word "Owned" is burned through his chest. Three chunks of his flesh, presumably the middle of the "O", "e" and "d" were found as well, given that no flesh was there to support the inside part of these letters. The remainder of the corpses are buried and a word of a great meeting in the town hall is passed around. All of the town crams into the town hall. They know that the perpetrator is among them. It is decided that one of them must be killed in revenge for the destruction of the previous night.

** DAY ONE START **
http://www.staredit.net/?p=mafia for roles. Gogo. :)
Please vote or abstain. I will be enforcing strict activity bans this game.

The light goes straight through the chest of Mini Moose 2707, killing him and setting fire to a house behind him
I wonder if the the underlined part is a clue in some way. Any theories?

"Owned" is burned through his chest. Three chunks of his flesh, presumably the middle of the "O", "e" and "d" were found as well,
This is a strange detail to include. Could it possibly be a clue?

None.

Sep 20 2008, 4:00 am Echo Post #180

"Owned" is burned through his chest. Three chunks of his flesh, presumably the middle of the "O", "e" and "d" were found as well,
Capital O, only person with that, Oyen.

ed backwards is de. From devilesk.

Think about it.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 7 8 9 10 1147 >
  Back to forum