Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Projects > Topic: In The Admiral's Service: Legends of Doack
In The Admiral's Service: Legends of Doack
Sep 13 2008, 8:35 am
By: IskatuMesk
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 59 >

Sep 18 2008, 3:15 am IskatuMesk Post #41

Lord of the Locker Room

The Mafia is now the Kaloth Industries.

And yes they will be fully playable.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Sep 18 2008, 3:21 am HailFire Post #42

Quote from IskatuMesk
The Mafia is now the Kaloth Industries.

And yes they will be fully playable.

So it'll be Confederacy vs Undead vs Kaloth Industries (a military division of the Confederacy)? :ermm:

Retroedit: Makes sense now, thanks for the clarification. :)

Also, if you die/go completely batshit insane before SC2 comes out so that you/we (the community)can make at least a token effort at AO2, I will never forgive you

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 18 2008, 3:29 am by HailFire.

None.

Sep 18 2008, 3:25 am IskatuMesk Post #43

Lord of the Locker Room

The Confederacy is the old Kaloth military, while the Xenon Project (the existing confed fleet in the mod) is a new fleet devised by MSD (Micro Sexual Device) and KTA (Kill Them All). They're both allied against the Undead fleet known as the Black Squadron.

/edit

btw if you are interested in learning more about the world I suggest checking out this topic

http://www.staredit.net/topic/3123/

also AO2 really doesn't have a hope of even being started much less reach a degree of completion for the simple fact I can't model characters, nor uv, or skin, nor rig, nor animate.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 18 2008, 3:34 am by IskatuMesk.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Sep 18 2008, 10:58 pm SubFocus Post #44

Quote from IskatuMesk

If you need to absolutely positively kill every motherfucker in the galaxy, there is no substitute!

The DensuKii II, "Omega"-class battleship is a Supership, an advanced weapons platform positively bristling with massive weaponry. At over 20k km in length, the Omega dwarfs lesser ships and bears six enormous Enforcer III fusion delivery platforms in addition to enough beam cannons that if you were to observe it firing without eye protection you would instantly have eye cancer. Although the Omega is less durable than the Azaan and Alpha, it has superior firepower in the form of a tremendous volley that utterly obliterates smaller ships and viciously rapes larger ones. It also has advanced sensors. It is a straight-up slugfest warship, but it is very difficult to maneuver.

Hint - Computer players are capable of cloaking the Omega.

OH
MY
GOD

BEST GRP EVER

SO AWESOME, I'M REPLYING IN ALL CAPS

None.

Sep 19 2008, 2:54 am IskatuMesk Post #45

Lord of the Locker Room

Ship Analysis; Kaloth Battle Barge

Length: 4,200 meters
Weapons: Twin rocket launchers

* Graphic not finished, check later for edit

These large civilian transports have been boarded and converted into extremely unversatile weapons platforms by Kaloth Industries to use as a barricade against advancing Undead forces. Often found drifting around Stardocks or starbases abandoned after the onset of an attack, or boarded and turned course back to the run after being discovered fleeing from the scene, these transports are jerry-rigged with two large rocket launchers that possess the capacity to shatter the ship in half with recoil. Once in a position, these moderately ranged ships will relentlessly bombard enemy targets until they either explode or are maimed by a stray plasma bolt. While not terribly durable, mobile, or dangerous on their own, they're cheap to produce and make excellent cannon fodder. They are available immediately in the Orbital Bar as opposed to requiring capital facilities to construct.

Ship analysis; Kaloth Battleship

Length: 26,000 kilometers
Weapons: KA-nsc3b Trasjectic Beam Cannons, 1,000MT nuclear rockets, Mega Cannon

The premiere battleship variant of Kaloth Industries' KA-nsc chassis has repeatedly undertaken upgrades throughout its long life. Its primary weapons have rarely changed, however, instead leaving alternate loadouts to the different classes, such as the Durnkic. The Battleship's primary weapon is a series of oversized Trasjectic beam cannons that fire a modified fusion bolt across extreme distances. Although very slow to recharge, the bolts create miniature supernovas upon impact with a target, dealing massive AoE damage. In close range, the Battleship can deploy volleys of nuclear munitions to pepper an enemy ship with burningness. In their recent third generation upgrades, Battleships are now given an updated loadout that includes an incredibly powerful "Mega Cannon", the specs of this weapon remain unreleased to the general public before its deployment in fear of the grimy ones learning of its existence.

The nsc3b Battleship is larger and just as agile as the Xenon variant but does less damage in exchange for superior durability. Its primary weapon is an AoE weapon that deals damage across a large radius and is considerably slower to fire than the Xenon equivalent.

Ship Analysis; Lenin II

Length: 100 meters
Weapons: Fusion Cruise Missile, Beam Cannon

* Graphic not modeled oh god this probably won't be done for a while

Predating the Lenin III Advanced fighter and the Xenon Project's Lenin Xero+ chassis, there was the lenin II, which was actually a walker robot suited for space travel more than a fighter. Its large stature and massive amount of armor made it excellent in supporting capital ships in long-ranged duels, but it lacks the speed and maneuverability of a true fighter. Once true fighters started appearing, such as the Lenin III, the Lenin II started to fade into obscurity as more of a corvette than a fighter. Still, it remains in Kaloth service, mostly because there are still a lot of them just lying around.

Sep 19 2008, 3:40 am SubFocus Post #46

Wow. How long does it take you to pump these bad boys out?

None.

Sep 19 2008, 3:47 am IskatuMesk Post #47

Lord of the Locker Room

Some models I already had, like the Kaloth battleship base chassis. For entirely new models, barring any difficulties it takes about an hour to go from start to in grp format.

Here's the Battle Barge;

Kaloth nsc Carrier variant, Supership

(Battleship)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 19 2008, 4:32 am by IskatuMesk.

Sep 19 2008, 4:24 am SubFocus Post #48

Just because it's a pain in the ass to scroll up and down multiple times

What are the differences in the Kaloth battleship and its variant?
I noticed the front parts are beefier looking.

None.

Sep 19 2008, 4:30 am IskatuMesk Post #49

Lord of the Locker Room

The carrier's foresection is pure armor, it is unarmed, the side cannons are replaced by hangars, and the whole front and midsection are enlarged in comparison to the battleship.

I edited the post to provide quick reference.

Also, there is a Durnkic variant, and about two others to be made, and then the Supremus class.

Sep 19 2008, 6:59 am SubFocus Post #50

Very cool.
So when you mod, do you do graphics first?
Or is it a big uncoordinated mess like the way I mod? lol.

Oh, and what's the largest size ship we can expect to see in this mod? Would The DensuKii II, "Omega"-class battleship be a good example of the largest?

None.

Sep 19 2008, 7:02 am IskatuMesk Post #51

Lord of the Locker Room

Ship analysis' Kaloth Durnkic

The NSC hull is outfitted with a number of potentially disfiguring Titan Reactors, PowerRay's, and an internal conduit system. When Kaloth presented its plans several years ago to produce the Durnkic variant of the NSC platform, the sound made by the entire high council and Board of Flaming Retards facepalming all at once was enough to deafen would-be onlookers. Despite defying every single safety protocol in existence, including ones designed to protect genitalia of crew members using toilets during service hours where vibrations caused by generators and the chemical sharpening of toilet seats done by Janitors to collect "materials" for their secret experiments, Kaloth went ahead with their design.

The Durnkic sacrifices every secondary system possible, including all of the defensive turrets, to power two mass driver weapons in the front of the ship that replaced the armor and support quadrants. These huge cannons can not only fire 2 kilometer-long slugs across short distances at ridiculously fast speeds, but they also energize the projectiles, capable of producing a projectile that can bore straight through a star without slowing down. The cost of this formidable firepower is dramatically reduced range and durability, and a lethal radiation that has the power to instantly melt any crew member on the front half of the ship when the devices are powering up.

/edit

Never saw your post lawl

The Omega will be dwarfed by the largest ships. And I do mean dwarfed.

Right now, I do a chunk of models, and then enable about half of them, and then continue. I'm saving grafting work for last of the segments and string work for last besides the basics like ship names. As I go along I enable new effects and sounds. So yes, it's a big goddamn mess. I just do what the wind takes me to do.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 19 2008, 7:33 am by IskatuMesk.

Sep 19 2008, 10:21 am SubFocus Post #52

My God....
I don't know if my feeble eyes can withstand to see the largest most fierce ship you're going to put into this mod.

None.

Sep 19 2008, 11:25 am IskatuMesk Post #53

Lord of the Locker Room

I've run into my first major setback this morning at 4:30. After throwing some Kaloth ships into the game I have come to the conclusion that the sc palette is raping their color depth way too much for their current texture to be usable. So I have to re-render every single Kaloth ship I've made to date with a new texture. Not hard, just stupidly time-consuming.

First I have to find a new texture. My most promising candidate is a steel-white to further separate them from the moderate Undead blue and the dark black Xenon.

Old;

New;

Darksteel;

/edit

I don't think the white steel will work. I managed to create a deep-blue traditional darksteel texture that seems to work very well. I have to decide if this is what I want to keep.

I think I'll be keeping it.

/e

Updated carrier

/e

Updated Durnkic

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Sep 19 2008, 1:46 pm by IskatuMesk.

Sep 19 2008, 7:44 pm SubFocus Post #54

The dark steel looks nice, and still retains detail. I'm all for it.

None.

Sep 19 2008, 11:12 pm FlyingHat Post #55

Dark steel is definitely the better looking choice.

None.

Sep 20 2008, 1:18 am Fisty Post #56

Indeed, I found the bright white of before kind of turned me away from the awesome.

None.

Sep 20 2008, 9:48 am IskatuMesk Post #57

Lord of the Locker Room

Yes I am sticking with Darksteel now.

Sep 20 2008, 6:25 pm IskatuMesk Post #58

Lord of the Locker Room

^ Kaloth rocket fighter

^ Kaloth AoE gunship

Sep 21 2008, 12:51 am Da_Fenix Post #59

I just got i eye caner those units are like a new spectrum of light (Kickass light)

None.

Sep 21 2008, 2:07 am HailFire Post #60

It may not be in the same league of rapitude as the larger ships, but the AoE gunship looks pretty fuckin' sweet.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 59 >
  Back to forum