Staredit Network > Forums > Technology & Computers > Topic: My comp got fucked up
My comp got fucked up
Aug 31 2008, 1:13 pm
By: JaFF  

Sep 7 2008, 6:02 pm JaFF Post #21

Quote from Falkoner
Remove the fan and make sure the CPU is attached properly. I would disconnect everything except CPU, motherboard, power supply, and graphics, and see if you can at least load BIOS without a freeze.

Does the inside of the computer continue to act normally when it freezes?
We've already tried disconnecting everything that is not needed, and it froze/rebooted just like before.

Add: fatimid08, the fan is not the stock one, because that one broke some time ago.

None.

Sep 7 2008, 7:34 pm rockz Post #22

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

The motherboard is bad. Get a new one. You'll have to reinstall windows, probably. Stick the HDD into another computer, grab everything you want off of it, then plug it back into the original computer.

Alternatively, you can just get a brand new computer.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Sep 8 2008, 3:43 am MasterJohnny Post #23

Quote from rockz
The motherboard is bad. Get a new one. You'll have to reinstall windows, probably. Stick the HDD into another computer, grab everything you want off of it, then plug it back into the original computer.

Alternatively, you can just get a brand new computer.

If his motherboard is bad, Why would he need to reinstall windows? He can just get another motherboard that supports his hard drive and stick it in there.

I am a Mathematician

Sep 8 2008, 4:51 am Moose Post #24

We live in a society.

Unless he has old PATA hard drives, he'll have to try not to find a motherboard that will work with his hard drive. ;o

Sep 8 2008, 9:36 am rockz Post #25

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from MasterJohnny
If his motherboard is bad, Why would he need to reinstall windows? He can just get another motherboard that supports his hard drive and stick it in there.
New motherboard means OS isn't recognized most of the time. It's some bs. There may be a way around it if you use linux, but it's easier to reinstall windows. I know the last computer I upgraded, Windows wasn't recognized, and I had to reinstall. On another computer, it actually worked (thank god) but said that windows has detected a major change in hardware, so you need to reactivate it.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Options
  Back to forum