Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: The War in South Ossetia
The War in South Ossetia
Aug 9 2008, 8:03 pm
By: JaFF
Pages: < 1 2 3

Sep 8 2008, 10:26 pm Centreri Post #41

Relatively ancient and inactive

Bowing? Not what I would call it. I think that Russia just kept people in Georgia to use as a lever they could discard as they did. At the end of the day, Georgia lost two provinces, and Russia showed the EU that it can't be kicked around. And gained influence in its area because nearby countries know that no one will come to save 'em. And will probably gain another ally in the area, Abkhazia, as well as a tiny tract of land (South Ossetia) and increased Russian support for Russia's head honchos. The people DO love a good war, don't they?

I still hold my stance that Russian provoked Georgia and Georgia shouldn't have invaded South Ossetia(they have the right to independence, I just don't enjoy the though of giving Russia land)
Well, if South Ossetia wants to join Russia, why not? Long-waited for reunion with North Ossetia! Abkhazia's going to remain seperate, though. And Belarus seems like it might recognize 'em soon.

None.

Dec 6 2008, 2:50 am Centreri Post #42

Relatively ancient and inactive

http://www.war080808.com/

I probably don't have to say what I think of this, hmm? Watch it. :flamer: It's long, but worth it.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Dec 6 2008, 3:25 am by Centreri.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum