Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege v1
Temple Siege v1
Jul 10 2008, 8:31 am
By: ClansAreForGays
Pages: < 1 « 79 80 81 82 83140 >

Feb 15 2009, 10:15 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #1601

Just here for the activity... well not really

Here's a glitch on regular 1.4MT, and I don't know if this is already posted.
Changing foms on mech right when you die fully heals all 3 forms AND revives you where you died

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Feb 24 2009, 1:41 am CrudeWhore Post #1602

In 1.4M3, the random beacon will never give warrior.

None.

Feb 24 2009, 1:43 am MadZombie Post #1603

Quote from name:Theodore Roosevelt
So... right now I'm kind of afraid that no one will care if I release new versions of the classic 12 hero TS. ;o
tbh i actually can't stand to play 12 hero TS anymore. sorrys :]

None.

Feb 24 2009, 5:13 am Moose Post #1604

We live in a society.

I have decided to continue with M versions for the "old-school" fans.
(I suppose at the moment it's for people for people who don't like bugs and imbalances as well)
Eventually I will add one class, my Physicist, but that is far down the line.

http://www.staredit.net/?file=808

Changes
***  TEMPLE SIEGE 1.4M4  ***

:: GENERAL
- Gathering rates of Assimilators modified: takes 60% longer for a team of 3, and 30% longer for a team of 2. (relative to pre-M3 rates)
- Briefing is changed and a bit shorter.
- Removed Nature Temple. (Shield Battery, Medic Spawner)
- Fixed the double hero pick of Warrior and Assassin. (resized location)
- Miscellaneous polishing of strings.

:: ASSASSIN
- Increased upgrade damage of Decapitation (L4) to +40.
- Renamed Skewer to Scythe. It's rather difficult to decapitate with a Skewer because it's designed to skewer things. Skewers don't slice, they impale. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skewer)

:: ASSAULT
- Renamed "Cluster Grenade" to a simple "Grenade".
- Grenade moved to L1. Has a shorter fuse. Added effects so you know when it's about to go off.
- Tear Gas (Disruption Web) moved to L2. Corsair is now invincible.
- Old L3 removed. L3 now creates a scourge that functions as a "firebomb". When it explodes, 24 Firebats (20 + 2 dmg) are created on the scourge to deal damage for a short time. (20 DCs, < 2 seconds)
- L4 is the same. You don't get the silo until you unlock level 4. Each player doesn't start with a Silo for no particular reason anymore.

:: SPECIAL OPS
- Now starts the game with a Comsat Station in the bottom right corner.
- Old L1 removed. L1 now recharges the Comsat to full energy.
- Old L2 removed. L2 now transforms you into a Sniper rifle for three shots that deal 50 + 6 damage. Also functions as a "dodge" move, because the Ghost rifle is invincible and not affected by paralysis or curses.
- Old L3 removed. L3 uses the old Bomber from the Assault class. Note that you cannot use Sniper Rifle while inside the Dropship. Also, if you try to load the Sniper Rifle inside the dropship, it will be removed and you will transform back to Special Ops immediately. Last thing, no more instant teleport to home if you move your Dropship off the arena.
- Cut HP to 4000. It was only up there because the spells were not yet revamped.

http://www.staredit.net/?file=808

As you can see, Assault and Special Ops have been totally revamped. That is the biggest change in this version. They are, of course, subject to change and I appreciate feedback regarding them. I have placed Mineral Chunks next to them in the hero selection area indicating that the classes have been revamped so players understand they are not picking the classes they are accustomed to.
The ultraslow Assimilator problem has been addressed. If it needs further tweaking, I will consider it.

My To-Do list has grown with both new ideas and things to incorporate from 1.5. If you haven't noticed, my trend is to update in small steps.

Feb 24 2009, 5:14 am Demented Shaman Post #1605

Moose, add a legit Moose class. It would be epic.

None.

Feb 24 2009, 5:19 am Moose Post #1606

We live in a society.

Also, best spell idea ever:

L4, Russian Roulette: One of the six players dies instantly at random.

:P

Feb 24 2009, 5:40 am Lt.Church Post #1607

2/6 chance to kill youself with a 3/6 chance to kill someone along side it at random, then it randomly picks someone.

None.

Feb 24 2009, 8:22 am Thuy Post #1608

LOL that made me laugh
i just dl the map ima go try the assult now :]

None.

Feb 24 2009, 12:52 pm xYoshix Post #1609

Can't Special Ops use the scan to show the crashing sprite? :crazy:

None.

Feb 24 2009, 1:40 pm Pigy_G Post #1610

Yeah.. I'd have recommended scan if It didn't give vision of sprite too..

*Evil Player Scans Sprite During Day*

*Evil Player Use's Anti Hack*

*Entire Game Drops*

*Evil Player Chuckles While Restarting SC*

None.

Feb 24 2009, 4:12 pm Moose Post #1611

We live in a society.

If he wants the other team to win instantly, I suppose he could. That's also the type of person you should never play TS with again. Along with the people who block spawns and storm and TK their medic.

Feb 24 2009, 5:28 pm CrudeWhore Post #1612

If he wants the other team to win instantly, I suppose he could. That's also the type of person you should never play TS with again. Along with the people who block spawns and storm and TK their medic.

At the very least, REMOVE THE ANTI-MAPHACK and re-upload your M4. The anti-maphack does not detect ANY current maphack. People just use it to shift the screen to try to kill you or to avoid death. It's 100% stupid to even be in there. If you want working AH, ask moto to add the triggers to your map (his doesn't shift screen, and works vs current oblivion). Otherwise, don't bother with AH. It is UMS after all.

Also, did you fix it so that random can give warrior? In M3, in hundreds of games I've never gotten warrior (i always go random). I suspected it may have been because of the bordering locations between assassin and warrior (so it gives you assassin), but I wasn't sure. The trigger is there, it just never gave warrior.

Other than that, the shorter the debriefing the better.

Thanks for the maps.

None.

Feb 24 2009, 6:41 pm Decency Post #1613

Calling Spec Ops as OP before I play it. We'll see. But spamming L2 3 times = 10 seconds invincibility and 500 damage dealt, and then you can just fly home.

The Assault's bomber was only fair because of how difficult it was to hit people that you stunned. Coupling it with a marine will do bad things.

I also agree with removing the anti-maphack. I believe there is only one or two known sprites that crash current hacks, I'll let you know if I can find one.

Seems like a decent start to changes though, anything to give the Marine an avenue other than HP+Damage to be useful.

Please don't add Physicist. =o

None.

Feb 24 2009, 7:08 pm UnholyUrine Post #1614

Moose.
Although I knew that you'll go and develope your own version (from the time I announced the premature heros.. which only 1 out of 4 made the cut..), I feel that it'd be much better if we could work together <_<..

I definately don't have the patience and motivation to sit through, play the game countless times, and intergrate the material to produce a more balanced game. While you, on the other hand, don't have perfect knowledge of the map (You used an extra deathcount for mech's new L4 back in M3, which wasn't necessary, as there is already a grand scheme deathcount for all spells), and my ideas seem to flow better IMO (Mech's L4 was... bland... the new one in 1.5 is better in my perspective).

Plus, ultimately, it is my map. And i feel it'd be best if we work together rather than seperately...
I feel that you can balance the map better than me, as I usually don't play competitively (I just fuck around lol)... and I realize that lowering the HP for marine, but keeping the damage at 11+3 is probably the best way to balance him.

I don't mind changing Engineer's L1 n L2... L3 can be swapped elsewhere if u'd like. I also want to see the effect of switching assault's L1 and L2. From thinking more about it, it may be better balanced, especially if assault is marine, and keeps the 11+3 damage (L1 as teargas with marine is just too much rape, eh?).

I'd still like to keep mines in play somehow. Completely removing it will also remove the base cap with mines... Do all ppl here agreed that it's too OP? It's not that bad as it's non-invincible (right?)... I'd also like to keep the Engineering class, as I've always wanted a defensive class.

Since phantom has the spec op's L2, I wouldn't include it... spec ops has been removed for good I guess.

If u really don't want to, I guess I can't make you to do this together.. then I'd ask if u can help balance or give suggestions on balancing the new ver (after i'm done fixing the numerous glitches)... :P

Don't add Physicist
Why not? Change is constant..
Don't tell me u don't like the new heroes :C...

This reminds me.. I have finished the "Banish" and "Time Rip" spells, which stemmed from your physicist idea.. they were initially implemented for psion, but being as OP as it is already, I removed it. If u put it in V1.5, you wouldn't need to trigger 2 of its 4 spells XD.

anyway...
thnx
~Unholy

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 24 2009, 7:31 pm by UnholyUrine.

None.

Feb 24 2009, 7:45 pm Demented Shaman Post #1615

I think Moose makes TS better when he does it on his own and does his own thing.

Moose is no one's balance bitch.

None.

Feb 24 2009, 7:47 pm Pigy_G Post #1616

moose also made a lot of bad changes the maojority (80%+) disliked. I think it would produce a better map if unholy's ideas mixed with moose's balancing. Unholy might come up with a great spell idea, moose might come up with a great idea to make it balanced.

None.

Feb 24 2009, 10:13 pm Decency Post #1617

I might like the new heroes if you balanced and bugfixed them, but when every other game glitches out because of an unfixed bug, or just ends up with the Dragoon spamming L2 forever, the game is not exciting.

You have been planning this new version for something like 4 months, and the first beta released enormously glitchy and has not been updated.

Until you fix it, I find the 12-hero much more exciting simply because it's more balanced.

None.

Feb 24 2009, 10:53 pm ExO Post #1618

I know I don't post often on these forums, but I do play temple siege multiple times daily (ExO[L4] on bnet) and honestly I think both players should work together to make one map. Honestly, how can we good competition when there are two different maps that are "official". Unholy has some good ideas, but moose is more active in the competitive side. So why not have moose work with Unholy on the balancing? But to make it completely balanced, I think you need to take some ideas from the TS regulars out there, because honestly some of the changes that I just read in 1.4M4 were not so great. A lot of us who play competitively would like to have a say on what you guys do the balance of the map. I know its your map unholy, but please listen to the players ^^.

None.

Feb 24 2009, 10:58 pm Thuy Post #1619

:[ so hard to be a mana marine now that the Lv1 mine spell was replaced :[ i tried it last night oh poo

None.

Feb 24 2009, 11:08 pm UnholyUrine Post #1620

Sorry Faz- :-( ... To be a mapper, you just gotta procrastinate.. ..
And, all good mappers takes large breaks between their projects to refresh their ideas and actually get a life/play sm starcraft...
I considered v1.5 as an entirely diff project... (The triggers for the 3 new heroes took the same amount of triggers as 6 of the old ones!! maybe even more!)

it's a good thing that I named it beta ^^ ''

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 79 80 81 82 83140 >
  Back to forum