Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege v1
Temple Siege v1
Jul 10 2008, 8:31 am
By: ClansAreForGays
Pages: < 1 « 76 77 78 79 80140 >

Feb 3 2009, 8:00 am DumbMarine Post #1541

Quote from UnholyUrine
I agree.. but I don't have much choice... :S......

I think Lurker hero'd be interesting, but awfully hard to balance since it has an excellent splash area...... It. MAY work.. .. hmm.. I don't know :P..

Is some fat kid holding a gun up to your head? What do you mean "Don't have much choice"? C'mon, at least if you're dead set on adding a second templar hero release what you have now that isn't sacrificing anything as 1.5, then make these tweaks and junk in 1.6 where the LM has a scout and mech doesn't have an L2, or whatever.

Am I the only one who would see a lurker hero as silly? I mean, some classes are built around making your opponent stand still. The lurker has to do it to himself in order to attack. It's mech's reaver form all over again...

EDIT: The rine in its current form is the perfect agility hero. I really don't know why you'd want two of them.

None.

Feb 3 2009, 10:03 am Iceman16 Post #1542

Quote from DumbMarine
Quote from UnholyUrine
I agree.. but I don't have much choice... :S......

I think Lurker hero'd be interesting, but awfully hard to balance since it has an excellent splash area...... It. MAY work.. .. hmm.. I don't know :P..

Is some fat kid holding a gun up to your head? What do you mean "Don't have much choice"? C'mon, at least if you're dead set on adding a second templar hero release what you have now that isn't sacrificing anything as 1.5, then make these tweaks and junk in 1.6 where the LM has a scout and mech doesn't have an L2, or whatever.

Am I the only one who would see a lurker hero as silly? I mean, some classes are built around making your opponent stand still. The lurker has to do it to himself in order to attack. It's mech's reaver form all over again...

EDIT: The rine in its current form is the perfect agility hero. I really don't know why you'd want two of them.

You are treating the lurker as though it has an advantage of being unable to micro while in a fight and not being able to attack while unburrowed. Don't see how a lurker isn't affected by stuns. It has to go heal sometime in the game, probably while running away from an enemy hero. A simple stun will cause it to not be able to escape. Most of the time a stun is used so the enemy won't run while it has low health, meaning it is just as effective on a lurker as any other unit.

None.

Feb 3 2009, 3:15 pm Star_Wolfx Post #1543

lol. maybe you could give the lurker a spell that makes it night time for a short period of time. that way he could hide by burrowing -.-

None.

Feb 3 2009, 3:27 pm DumbMarine Post #1544

Quote from Iceman16
You are treating the lurker as though it has an advantage of being unable to micro...

No I'm not. I'm saying it's a disadvantage in that the lurker has to stun himself pretty much in order to attack. In theory a lurker might sound cool, but in practice probably no-one would want to play it unless it were uberretardedly powerful.

None.

Feb 3 2009, 3:33 pm Moose Post #1545

We live in a society.

Maybe you'll just fire two or three shots and your opponent will run. Keep in mind your opponent can tell where you are attacking from, even at night. A Dark Mage can easily land curses on you. Or a Disruption Web can be put right on you. Parking Mine Drone over a Lurker would be funny, too. A stun will not only stun you, but force you out of the ground as well. Lurker would need some ridiculously powerful spells to be taken seriously in combat.

Feb 3 2009, 6:23 pm Decency Post #1546

I'm not so sure about stuns making a lurker unburrow. It doesn't unburrow when attacked by default like other units.

None.

Feb 3 2009, 7:02 pm UnholyUrine Post #1547

lol... it's cuz u didn't read the triggers.. Or know enough about it

The paralyzing triggers causes the units to move to the area where they are constantly.. so it seems like they can't move.. the Order to move a lurker will cause the lurker to unburrow.

None.

Feb 3 2009, 10:05 pm Decency Post #1548

I wasn't sure if it applied to Lurkers because their AI is different when attacked, but I just tested it and it does work the same as other burrowed units.

None.

Feb 3 2009, 10:15 pm DaltonSerdynski Post #1549

too bad we cant have air units :O

None.

Feb 4 2009, 3:33 am Star_Wolfx Post #1550

i just like putting ideas out there :D.
i was thinking maybe have a hero that was like 2 heroes. (Got idea from Ice climbers in super smash brothers -.-)
they have really low health and your level 1 spell is to revive the other one. And maybe their other spells could be strong attacks that could be only done if both are alive.

None.

Feb 4 2009, 4:14 am DumbMarine Post #1551

Quote from DaltonSerdynski
too bad we cant have air units :O

Muta? Dropship? Corsair? Or do you mean an air hero? There's no intrinsic reason why we can't have an air hero, other than half of the heroes can't even attack air, let alone do anything useful against air. If you can make an air hero that can be balanced with that in mind...

Quote from Star_Wolfx
i was thinking maybe have a hero that was like 2 heroes. (Got idea from Ice climbers in super smash brothers -.-)
they have really low health and your level 1 spell is to revive the other one. And maybe their other spells could be strong attacks that could be only done if both are alive.

Having two identical heroes would be a trigger nightmare. Having two heroes where each one is only half as powerful as one of the other heroes in terms of balance would probably not be very fun to play. Having a hero and a sidekick-type setup might be cool. Maybe something like ghost + scout sidekick.

None.

Feb 4 2009, 4:15 am ClansAreForGays Post #1552

Quote from Star_Wolfx

WTF?!

that's the..... COOLEST IDEA EVER!

Quote from DumbMarine
Having two identical heroes would be a trigger nightmare. Having two heroes where each one is only half as powerful as one of the other heroes in terms of balance would probably not be very fun to play. Having a hero and a sidekick-type setup might be cool. Maybe something like ghost + scout sidekick.
I can see it being VERY fun to play. There's so much you can do in terms of useful spell effects, and there would be much more micro. Temple siege should have a character for every different sc player style. Now the side-kick twist that you tried to add is a stupid idea. More than enough characters already have side kicks(dark orb, summoner stuff, scv, satellites, ARCHER COMPANIONS, even dropship kinda). I like the ice climber style idea best.

Some ideas for it:
Can revive the missing half
Can't be too far apart from each other
Can Splice (with other half(or wtf even like spwns and other stuff! wtfbbq!))
If they can be separate over distance, can switch spots.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 4 2009, 4:26 am by ClansAreForGays.

Feb 4 2009, 4:17 am Biophysicist Post #1553

It's stolen, stickynote came up with that and posted about it in my hero ideas thread.

None.

Feb 4 2009, 4:18 am killer_sss Post #1554

Quote from name:isolatedpurity
Those spawn levels aren't really that much different, like Moose said. It might be interesting to see spawn levels change up faster though.
Like each upgrade increases damage by 40%, armor by whatever is appropriate. Increases hp by starting hp lower than max
L1: 80hp broodling / 0 upgrades
L2: 160hp broodling / 0 upgrades +1 upgrade
L3: 300hp zergling / 0 upgrades
L4: 500 hp zergling / 0 upgrades +1 upgrade
L5: marine... L6... +1 marine...
L7: broodling with massive hp, +3 upgrades L8: zerglings +3
Or whatever cycle would be sexiest. The biggest problem I'm sure is not affecting heroes spells that rely on spawn type creatures if you increase their upgrade potential drastically.

i kinda like this idea maybe best to work arround a few units and cycle? perhaps could go brood ling ultra? or zealot, goon, dt? or a mix of terran units? idk how each of your units are used i can think of quite a few different units but not all that are used and there specific upgrades.

i see it like this
spawn 1: weak unit 25% hp 0ups
spawn 2: medium unit 25%hp 0ups
spawn 3: strong unit 25%hp 0ups
spawn 4: weak unit 50%hp 1up
spawn 5: medium unit 50%hp 1up
spawn 6: strong unit 50%hp 1up
spawn 7: weak unit 75%hp 2ups
...and so on
this would prolly take a bit of playing arround and im not sure quite all the work it would entail but i would think it would be able to pass pretty well. it may need some tinkering if the units are weaker say weak unit doesnt have enough dmg to overcome 1 upgrade on strong unit. maybe give 2 upgrades to start and then for medium 1 upgrade and strong one upgrade. and for spawn 7 it should but may not pass the spawn 6 dmg even after 3 ups, but maybe being that it is a different unit with more hp and possibly a faster attack will make up for the dmg loss. The last spawn co=ld probably go straight from upgrade 1 to 3 to make it considerably strong.
like he said this would take some work but it might free some units up and also might make the exp system more manageable and regardless would add more spawn lvls which would be great too :)

None.

Feb 4 2009, 4:26 am Pigy_G Post #1555

Yeah but stickynote's not the first person to ever think of a two unit hero.

None.

Feb 4 2009, 4:27 am ClansAreForGays Post #1556

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
It's stolen, stickynote came up with that and posted about it in my hero ideas thread.
And it's not 'stolen', he clearly said he was inspired by SSBB. And even STILL it wouldn't be 'stolen' unless he ripped the exactly triggers from a closed source map, anything less would be warranted copying at the most.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 4 2009, 4:42 am by ClansAreForGays.

Feb 4 2009, 4:32 am Biophysicist Post #1557

@CAFG: Sorry, I need to lrn2read apparently... (And what do you mean, "You never made any use of it"?)

None.

Feb 4 2009, 4:47 am DumbMarine Post #1558

Quote from ClansAreForGays
I can see it being VERY fun to play. There's so much you can do in terms of useful spell effects, and there would be much more micro. Temple siege should have a character for every different sc player style. Now the side-kick twist that you tried to add is a stupid idea. More than enough characters already have side kicks(dark orb, summoner stuff, scv, satellites, ARCHER COMPANIONS, even dropship kinda). I like the ice climber style idea best.

Some ideas for it:

SCV and dropship, and summoner stuff... sidekicks? Bahahaha.... your definition of sidekick needs work, sir. Are spore colonies sidekicks too?

I think you're getting overzealous with the theory of it. The practicality of what you're asking for isn't there. It's not going to be some fast, furious rine+ling micro with mines and lurkers everywhere and ... splicing? (wtf is the point of two heroes if they're just gonna become one hero?) It's probably going to be somewhere more in line of a goon+bat combo where each has 2000 hp max and together their damage adds up to about what the zealot can do, but only if they stand still and don't micro. It would still be somewhat of a trigger nightmare anyway: what if one gets stunned? What if both get stunned? Disable? Who knows?

None.

Feb 4 2009, 4:54 am ClansAreForGays Post #1559

Quote from DumbMarine
Quote from ClansAreForGays

Some ideas for it:

SCV and dropship, and summoner stuff... sidekicks? Bahahaha.... your definition of sidekick needs work, sir. Are spore colonies sidekicks too?

I think you're getting overzealous with the theory of it. The practicality of what you're asking for isn't there. It's not going to be some fast, furious rine+ling micro with mines and lurkers everywhere and ... splicing? (wtf is the point of two heroes if they're just gonna become one hero?) It's probably going to be somewhere more in line of a goon+bat combo where each has 2000 hp max and together their damage adds up to about what the zealot can do, but only if they stand still and don't micro. It would still be somewhat of a trigger nightmare anyway: what if one gets stunned? What if both get stunned? Disable? Who knows?
They're all valid, and I could probably think up a few more.

And none of the things you listed require any exceptional triggering, unless you are still under the false assumption that the two units are the same.

Feb 4 2009, 5:12 am Pigy_G Post #1560

If you used the double unit theme it'd be cool for them to be able to switch places as their like level 2 spell or something.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 76 77 78 79 80140 >
  Back to forum