Temple Siege v1
Jul 10 2008, 8:31 am
By: ClansAreForGays
Pages: < 1 « 75 76 77 78 79140 >

Feb 2 2009, 8:40 pm Biophysicist Post #1521

Quote from Vi3t-X
Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
Quoting myself from earlier in this thread:
I just remembered a superspecialawesomesauce thread that tells you how to make the computer upgrade on demand, which would free up a lot of units that would otherwise be used for spawns. http://www.staredit.net/topic/5332/ Think it might be useful? One thing to keep in mind is that if you used this, all of the spawns would have to be the same race.
That should free up some units.
The AI cannot upgrade beyond three ups.

Not quite true if UUrine uses Protoss. Here's my thinking (armor upgrades would be disabled):
Spawn level one: No upgrades, and a trigger constantly puts the spawns to 0 shields.
Spawn level two: Weapons and shields up to level 1, trigger keeps setting shields to 0.
Spawn level three: Weapons and shields to level 1, trigger stops.
Spawn level four: Weapons to level 1, shields to level 2.
Spawn level five: Weapons to level 2, shields to level 2.
Spawn level six: Weapons to level 2, shields to level 3.
Spawn level seven: Weapons to level 3, shields to level 3.

And UUrine can also change the spawns' HP with triggers.

None.

Feb 2 2009, 8:52 pm Iceman16 Post #1522

Quote from UnholyUrine
I need some help.. I've ran outta good units to use..

What would ppl say about changing Light Mage from tassadar to High Templar... ??
Maybe give it a scout to shoot things with (not as a spell 1.. but has it intrinsically)... i'm shit outta luck for the 4th/5th new hero :C.. no more units ><"...

The next option is to have the new hero be aldaris... and have it's spell 1 replenish its shields... (and other stuffs) OR have that as a spell 2, and have a really good attacking spell 1
I don't like how new heroes are being forced into the game when they don't fit. The HT with a scout would seem pretty tacky and I liked how the old 12 heroes were unique. Now it seems like the new heroes are just the 'hero' versions with different spells. I have two ideas, the first is to add a Dark Archon hero and replace the Dark Mage's L1 with another spell (could be anything, a Dark Mage has so many spell possibilities). The second is to add a lurker hero, I think this would end up being a very interesting character to play.

None.

Feb 2 2009, 8:59 pm Biophysicist Post #1523

He's all ready adding a Lurker hero. (At least, I think is...)

And the HT wouldn't need a Scout if UUrine used my suggestion and freed up some units.

None.

Feb 2 2009, 10:01 pm ClansAreForGays Post #1524

a difference of 3 armor upgrades in this game makes almost no difference.

You should free up the regular zealot, that spawn is useless.

Feb 2 2009, 10:14 pm Biophysicist Post #1525

a difference of 3 armor upgrades in this game makes almost no difference.
Probably right, actually... But he can still modify the spawns HP, which means there can be as many spawn levels as he wants.

None.

Feb 2 2009, 10:33 pm ForTheSwarm Post #1526

Probably right, actually... But he can still modify the spawns HP, which means there can be as many spawn levels as he wants.

The EXP system uses kill score (I think). All zealots give the same EXP, even at different "spawn levels", which Moose and Urine do not want.

None.

Feb 2 2009, 10:41 pm Biophysicist Post #1527

And I've already said that my improved Perfect Kills to Cash system would solve that. Hopefully someone will listen to me this time.

None.

Feb 2 2009, 11:31 pm UnholyUrine Post #1528

Don't add a new class if it ruins another class.

I agree.. but I don't have much choice... :S.. sux that I set LM to have SUCH low HP :S..
And, TassZer.. I don't want anything too complicated XD .. because i'm too lazy...

I think Lurker hero'd be interesting, but awfully hard to balance since it has an excellent splash area...... It. MAY work.. .. hmm.. I don't know :P..

None.

Feb 2 2009, 11:34 pm Biophysicist Post #1529

I can do the kills-to-cash system, PM me the map.

And Lurker hero would be win... (But my Lurker hero > your lurker hero :P )

None.

Feb 3 2009, 12:33 am UnholyUrine Post #1530

Now that I think about it.. I don't think lurker's such a bad idea.. it's doable.. hmm.. more doable than a critter hero X.X...

But then I'd need sm ideas for an "agility" hero :P... for vulture.. make it .. mechanical if u can.. but if u can't.. i'll try to change the name of it.. but yeah.. .. an Agility hero... :hurr:

None.

Feb 3 2009, 12:47 am Moose Post #1531

We live in a society.

Quote from Pigy_G
In M3, Skewer is pulled by allied volt L2, This is kinda annoying.
Which team?

Quote from UnholyUrine
Maybe give it a scout to shoot things with (not as a spell 1.. but has it intrinsically)... i'm shit outta luck for the 4th/5th new hero :C.. no more units ><"...
When and why did two become four or five?

Quote from ForTheSwarm
The EXP system uses kill score (I think). All zealots give the same EXP, even at different "spawn levels", which Moose and Urine do not want.
I don't?

Spawn level one: No upgrades, and a trigger constantly puts the spawns to 0 shields.
Spawn level two: Weapons and shields up to level 1, trigger keeps setting shields to 0.
Spawn level three: Weapons and shields to level 1, trigger stops.
Spawn level four: Weapons to level 1, shields to level 2.
Spawn level five: Weapons to level 2, shields to level 2.
Spawn level six: Weapons to level 2, shields to level 3.
Spawn level seven: Weapons to level 3, shields to level 3.
The upgrade AIs don't give us that level of control. You either get 0/0 or you get 3/3. (or something lower if you set a max.)

Increments of % HP with an upgrade change somewhere in the middle would have to be sufficent. For instance, spawns can begin at 50% HP. The first four upgrades give 3% each, the fifth boosts the upgrades, then the remainder work towards maxing out the HP in increments of 5%.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 3 2009, 12:52 am by Mini Moose 2707.

Feb 3 2009, 2:17 am UnholyUrine Post #1532

2 became four or five because I'm ambitious :P (but rubbish)

None.

Feb 3 2009, 2:33 am Biophysicist Post #1533

Uh, Moose, you can control the upgrades by giving/removing Templar Archives (for weapons/armor) and Cybernetics Cores (for shields)... The AI can't upgrade level 2/3 if it doesn't have an Archives/Core... Or even better, just mess with the AI's minerals...

None.

Feb 3 2009, 4:30 am Forsaken Archer Post #1534

Those spawn levels aren't really that much different, like Moose said. It might be interesting to see spawn levels change up faster though.
Like each upgrade increases damage by 40%, armor by whatever is appropriate. Increases hp by starting hp lower than max
L1: 80hp broodling / 0 upgrades
L2: 160hp broodling / 0 upgrades +1 upgrade
L3: 300hp zergling / 0 upgrades
L4: 500 hp zergling / 0 upgrades +1 upgrade
L5: marine... L6... +1 marine...
L7: broodling with massive hp, +3 upgrades L8: zerglings +3
Or whatever cycle would be sexiest. The biggest problem I'm sure is not affecting heroes spells that rely on spawn type creatures if you increase their upgrade potential drastically.

None.

Feb 3 2009, 4:40 am Biophysicist Post #1535

ip, you can only make the computer research upgrades for one race as far as I know. Dragoons and Zealots would be the best units to use IMO.

None.

Feb 3 2009, 4:40 am Pigy_G Post #1536

Which team?

Top I think.

None.

Feb 3 2009, 5:44 am Star_Wolfx Post #1537

i don't know if its possible with triggers, but maybe have a spell that gives someone a dark archon that can mind control. it has about a 5 second time, and if u mc someone, it could return to its owner, and then something could happen to it. for like medic, it could full heal the person. or for a new hero, maybe send it to a island where it can't do anything for a bit. idk if the trigger would work. something like, if (hero with dark archon) owns 1 of another hero, then do something else.

None.

Feb 3 2009, 5:46 am Decency Post #1538

Would cause havoc with the death triggers.

If you can do that though, just allow the DM to research Mind Control for its L4 and move MC'ed heroes into a lurker pit or something.

None.

Feb 3 2009, 6:49 am UnholyUrine Post #1539

Since I have a nice AoE detection system, why don't I just do that instead?... sheesh.. and this messes up with the Respawn triggers badly.. sorry.. but this isn't possible :S

None.

Feb 3 2009, 7:02 am Iceman16 Post #1540

Quote from UnholyUrine
Now that I think about it.. I don't think lurker's such a bad idea.. it's doable.. hmm.. more doable than a critter hero X.X...

But then I'd need sm ideas for an "agility" hero :P... for vulture.. make it .. mechanical if u can.. but if u can't.. i'll try to change the name of it.. but yeah.. .. an Agility hero... :hurr:
I think the only problem would the the splash damage against allies, otherwise everything else that i can think of seems fine. Why is an agility hero needed? Don't really like the idea of using a vulture since it's what makes the mech so special (considering it already is an 'agility' form). I have also thought about MC for the DA, my idea is that it can only mc spawns (creating 'followers'), not sure how that would work though without it being able to MC enemy heroes.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 75 76 77 78 79140 >
  Back to forum