Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege v1
Temple Siege v1
Jul 10 2008, 8:31 am
By: ClansAreForGays
Pages: < 1 « 12 13 14 15 16140 >

Sep 18 2008, 6:12 am ClansAreForGays Post #261

good idea and easy to trigger.

Not sure if I'd really go through with it through.

Sep 18 2008, 6:20 am InsolubleFluff Post #262

Yeah well the idea is if you use it vs cannons they wont own you adding the melee strategic part to it, however the PvP side to it, it actually gives firebat an edge, you could all together remove the dweb and just make dweb also disable p7 / p8 cannons underneath it, but like you said, good ideas, easy to trigger, but I think it may make the Assault slightly OP, though as I already stated, Assault is way underpowered now.

None.

Sep 18 2008, 11:59 am Moose Post #263

We live in a society.

Quote from name:Shocko
Assault is way too underpowered now. 12 upgrades to 1 hit broodlings as opposed to the Warriors 2 upgrades to 1 hit broodlings.

but hey, 12 upgrades vs 2 upgrades, warrior would have way more EXP start of the game, which could lead to a significant edge.
Whoa. Slow down here. Assault has SPLASH DAMAGE. He kills Broods at almost the same rate because of it. His normal attack affects MULTIPLE broodlings, which the Warrior cannot do. His normal attack allows him to level against spawns showing up DURING player vs player combat, which the Warrior cannot do. His normal attack allows him to level off HIS OWN TEAM'S spawns, which the Warrior cannot do. He can use STIMPACK and attack REALLY FAST, which the Warrior cannot do. Assault with 2 hit broods is going to level roughly the same as Warrior due to splash, attack rate, and "hey I can level with splash while fighting you". It would be freakishly imbalanced for them to one hit Broodlings at the same upgrade level.

Assault L3 yeah sure transportation (not really a bomber) is helpful in many situations where ground units without AA can't hit you making for great "invincibility" vs stuns and the likings....
The bomber is still capable of functioning as a bomber. You can stun somebody four times while still attacking the person.

BTW, can you shrink the location to check if players are under the Dweb? It's not that the spell is too strong or anything, but I feel BSed when I'm losing mana speed when I'm not under the thing. :P

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 18 2008, 12:05 pm by Mini Moose 2707.

Sep 18 2008, 10:28 pm ClansAreForGays Post #264

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
BTW, can you shrink the location to check if players are under the Dweb? It's not that the spell is too strong or anything, but I feel BSed when I'm losing mana speed when I'm not under the thing. :P
NO! That's the best part about it!

Sep 18 2008, 10:49 pm InsolubleFluff Post #265

I agree with moose mainly, but I do also find it humerous to see them get out of the dweb and still be pwn'd...
so maybe shrink it slightly but only to the extent where it's fair for people to get out, whilst also compensating for his ultimately useless level 1

None.

Sep 18 2008, 10:59 pm ClansAreForGays Post #266

No, if anything make it it bigger.

Sep 19 2008, 5:23 am UnholyUrine Post #267

Okay guys.... I have to admit I haven't did One thing to the map since i gave the version to CAFG... :ermm:
erm heheh but that's because i'm (trying to) focus on my studies this year because it's definately an important year for me....
Anyways enough talk :stfu:

To Shocko... The Defiler Glitch is a weird one where you said smth about p1 and p4's DT spell??? I want you to tell me what happened exactly.. and also if you played an older ver i might've already fixed it.. Send me the screen shot if u can... (btw .. for those ppl who're figuring out my triggers.. i used the defilers as markers for area of effect spells ;) pretty smart eh?)
Also to Shocko... Assault's fine... It's supposed to be a Tactical Assault.. Not a tanker.. Warrior's the tanker... Assault gets all the fancy stuff like grenades and tear gas and a frigging Bomber.. which can totally screw the warrior over cause its got no Anti-Air... Plus.. as moose said.. it got splash.

To Moose.. the Mech's L3 -> L3 spell (8 tanks) .. you're right it IS kinda weak... I shall tweak it a little to make it fancier and better ;).
Also .. Mech's L1 is weak.. IT's supposed to be.. To make up for Mech being a transformer and having a lot of micro-bility... BUT!! it seems that the Mana consumption for those transformation is already taking up the weakness.. However i need to play a few more rounds with Mech (or get a few more suggestions) to really get to what mech needs improvements with... RIght now i'm planning to increase the dmg (and upgrade dmg to +5) of Mech's normal mode.

To ClansAreForGays... I don't put versions on the map name cause i thought it kinda ruined it.. I'll put [v2.0] in the next one... and I always have it in the mission brief.
Also.. I'm Flattered that ppl'd make other versions of it XD :rolleyes:

To All those who are complaining about my lateness and overdued version of TS v2...
STFU AND GO AWAY!!!!11!!1 I'LL FINISH IT!! GRAWWAHHHHHHHGGHHH!! :crazy: .. Go play some other amazing SC games.. There're tons out there :P ... Personally i'm waiting for Mini-game Party XD...

I'll see you guys around.. and don't expect anything from me soon (hehehe) :bye1:

None.

Sep 19 2008, 6:32 am ClansAreForGays Post #268

I think I'll make a 1.4b with just the needed adjustments/fixes, just until v2

Sep 19 2008, 6:49 am InsolubleFluff Post #269

http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot1hc8.png
http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot2zj1.png

Volt L1's scourges like to rape Assaults dropship, I found it rather humerous.
Archer's L1 glitched earlier and I was left with a dropship, it died when I casted it again, but hey, for the time I had that dropship, it was making quite the purpose of itself.

Some more things to rant about:

Volt's L1 is now actually underpowered, with its stun not being that great, only one scourge being able to hit, and it draining only 10 mana, it is at most an annoyance to your enemy then actually effective (as proven by the fact that I got my face raped by a Light Mage)
Volt's L2 has quite the massive fucking range, and considering it fucks up like almost every attack people have to throw at it, it's hardly fair.
Other then that I think volt is a bit better then before...

Light Mage on south base can quite easily just go top path and storm spam getting a huge headstart.

Mutant's lurkers are still overpowered, maybe a lower base damage, however moose suggested something like, making lurkers +4 dmg, with same or slightly modified base damage but only spawning 9 lurkers not 18.

Moose commented on Warriors L2 being weak, I felt it surved it's purpose

Mines got jacked up to 90 dmg?

None.

Sep 19 2008, 3:15 pm Moose Post #270

We live in a society.

Volt's L1 is now actually underpowered, with its stun not being that great, only one scourge being able to hit, and it draining only 10 mana, it is at most an annoyance to your enemy then actually effective (as proven by the fact that I got my face raped by a Light Mage)
Volt's L2 has quite the massive fucking range, and considering it fucks up like almost every attack people have to throw at it, it's hardly fair.
Other then that I think volt is a bit better then before...
WTF? The L1 is weakened and the L2 is the same and it's BETTER?

My change list for the current 1.4 that I've played will arrive soon. ;o

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 19 2008, 3:25 pm by Mini Moose 2707.

Sep 19 2008, 4:18 pm InsolubleFluff Post #271

Hey I never said in 1.2 that the L2 spell was fair, in fact, despite the surprise, half the time you and I played vs volts, I never actually really came into contact with the volt, that was usually what you did... and the rare occasions I did come into contact was just Level 1, 3 and 4.

None.

Sep 20 2008, 5:22 pm ClansAreForGays Post #272

L2 is fair considering you can easily manually attack

Sep 22 2008, 9:09 am Thuy Post #273

you really have to start protecting your maps, i have about 10 different versions of temple siege :[

None.

Sep 22 2008, 10:18 am Thuy Post #274

lol lifting bay=NO MORE UPGRADES :[ for infantry units

None.

Sep 22 2008, 11:50 am Vi3t-X Post #275

If anyone does make an improvement on it, I demand...

That you have a "Pepsi" unit which attacks by randomly firing halucinations at people.

None.

Sep 22 2008, 3:23 pm Moose Post #276

We live in a society.

Note 1: This change list refers to version 1.4.
Note 2: Items denoted with an *asterik still remain from my post detailing changes/bugs in version 1.2

GENERAL
* Remove free Civilian for tutorial completion.
* Remove Civilians on player elimination, in addition to removing P12 civs when people drop or leave.
* Replace all text about the BROWN player to reflect the new GREEN color.
* Make sure spell effect units that die always die. IE, no Archers flying about in Dropships or random Devourers. Or Defilers. Or Queens.
* Fix placement of location on the Spell Level upgrade for easier purchasing.
* Fix grammar and spelling errors, text inconsistencies.
* Make HP upgrade percentage amounts consistent and truthful.
* Decrease cost of Pylon from 20 to 15.
* Increase Pylon's HP from 300 to 500.
* Reset Mana to 0 upon death. (I just died, but fortunately I have mana from BEYOND THE GRAVE.) In addition, you may or may not want to have death remove Summoner's Ultra/Lings, Dark Archons, Companion Archers, and/or Nuclear Ghosts, etc.
* Reset all Paralysis upon death. (I died and revived but apparently cannot move.)
* Get rid of our ability to upgrade Protoss Air Armor and Weapons... also Terran Ship Weapons (keep the Ship Armor for Dropships and Vessels though).
* Give players a Map Revealer in the center of the skill point are for vision at all times.
- Advanced spawns need to be improved just a little more. Also, lower the cost of upgrading spawn level to four civs instead of five.
- Give pylons controlled by players who drop/leave/get eliminated back to the appropriate base.
- 160 to 180 mana upgrade does nothing, next one goes to 200.
- 400 to 450 mana final upgrade is not documented in the strings.
- Put in a cap of 20 xp per trigger cycle. (which will translate to per kill most of the time)
- Have text related to green player say green.
- Somewhere in the 300-600 range of experience, there's a place where you just level twice. I'm sure an XP "at least" wasn't changed somewhere.

TERRAIN/PATHING
* There are minor building placement changes I would make in the bases that I am too lazy to detail. Generally, the bases and capturable outposts (and their geysers) need to be more defensible.
* There is also a lot of unused terrain on the borders of the map. Whether or not you want to get this involved is your choice.
- Recently, it's become popular to block your own team's spawn when playing Light Mage or Dark Mage. You level off the other team's spawn coming at you and psi storm your team behind you when there's enough of them there. Something needs to be done to counteract or prevent this "stormgaying".
- Sometimes the spawn breaks and forces everything down the middle path regardless of civilians.
- To be honest, this map would be better as a left/right map than corner to corner.

ARCHER
* Remove his buildings when he is eliminated.
* Increase build time of Spore/Sunken colonies, possibly add gas cost. Possibly add gas cost to Hatchery.
- Still difficult to attack hit things with the fourth spell, it charges up for so long. How about a Guardian power arrow that does around 250 + 15 for three shots?
- Give Archer a base armor of 1.

ASSASSIN
- No changes. :)

ASSAULT
* Decrease HP on Bomber from 550 to 400. IMO, he just really shouldn't be able to hide in the Bomber all the time. Classes without air attacks can really get cheesed by the Assault class, and it's frustrating. I'm ready to say make the Bomber disappear after awhile. Or just not give it bombs at all and call it a Transport. :P
* Remove Nuclear Silos after hero selection for non-Assault players.
- Is there a way to prevent pre-building of Nuke before he purchaes the L4?
- Increase cost of Nuclear Missile from 0m/50g to 10m/100g.
- Increase paralyze duration for Grenade.

DARK MAGE
* Decrease base armor from 2 to 1.
- Increase cost of Feedback from 30 to 50.

LIGHT MAGE
- Increase HP from 2800 to 3000.
- Spread out reaver spawning for balanced casting not dependent on direction. (or make the map left-right instead of corner to corner. Lul.

MECH
- Decrease base armor of Bike Mode from 2 to 1. Decrease HP of Bike Mike from 3200 to 3000. (the speed and micro potential more than makes up for it.)
- Increase tank spell damage from 55 + 5 to 70 + 7. Possibly more.
- See note for Light Mage about balanced casting not dependent on direction.

MEDIC
- No changes.

MUTANT
- Have the L3 only spawn 1 Lurker on each location (9 instead of 18). Change the upgrade damage back to +4.
- Decrease attack upgrades for Chaos Mutation from +15 to +12.
- Make sure the Lurker spawn for L3 is invincible.
- The Mutant's L2 is the other reason that lings needed +2 upgrades. While not as important, it still deserves that consideration.

SPECIAL OPS
- Final burst of mines from Mine Drone (final spell) is not invincible.
- Place maximum limit on summoning SCVs.

SUMMONER
- Summon 1 ling with +2 upgrades instead of 2 with +1.
- If you're going to keep the ling summon at two lings, put the Infested Terran damage back down.
- Increase cost of Dark Swarm. Or perhaps put a cost of like 10 on Consume.

VOLT
- No changes. :)

WARRIOR
- Increase damage or upgrade damage for L2. It's rather weak now.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Sep 22 2008, 4:34 pm by Mini Moose 2707.

Sep 22 2008, 3:59 pm InsolubleFluff Post #277

@ "is there a way to make it impossible to build nuke before L4"

Condition:
current player brings atleast 1 assault
current player brings exactly 0 nuclear silo
current player has Level 4

Action:
Give all Nuclear Silo owned by Neutral at Anywhere to Current player.

-I think that the Dark Archon should get more HP considering the HUGE exp gain on it, the lack of being able to heal HP (without medic) The increased costs of spells and the 50%E upon re-cast, right now if you leave it for more then two seconds you run the risk of leveling the other team twice...
- Didn't you say the Scourges on L1 Volt should take away more mana since it was made only one can hit?
- I personally think that the Bomber should be removed since it IS called Bomber, not Transport...
- If you halve the amount of Lurkers casted on Mutant L3 you should probably make the base damage a little bit higher.
- If you can, do something about storm gaying...
- Maybe make there a way to get your probe out of a stuck place as we saw yesterday.
- Give pylons back to computer from players that died.
- If you really are up for the task, fix the spawns to actually be good, right now the problem is not so much that they're weak, because they're very strong, but the problem is more that they feed WAY too much.
1 Wave of say hydralisks really oughta not give the other team 5x how much you paid for the hydralisks...
- Change almost all spell effects to be "Kill All unit Anywhere" instead of at location, there is a stupid amount of little bugs and glitches leaving over extra units...
- Let enemy computer be able to see the Dark Templar, cannons can already shoot him, it's just a nuisance in the night as half the spawns run past you...

Now there are probably more that I havn't mentioned but anyways, now is the time for ideas...
- Change another class to have a night vision spell so that the Mutant isn't the only one with the ability to see everything.
- Maybe give classes certain edges depending on the class, for example, warrior starts out with +1 HP compared to others, Mage starts with +1 MP compared to others, and I guess other little things that benefit people...

None.

Sep 22 2008, 4:30 pm Moose Post #278

We live in a society.

-I think that the Dark Archon should get more HP considering the HUGE exp gain on it, the lack of being able to heal HP (without medic) The increased costs of spells and the 50%E upon re-cast, right now if you leave it for more then two seconds you run the risk of leveling the other team twice...
I guess the HP can heal on re-cast. Definitely not the shields. Like Medics, you have to care to actively protect them. If you don't care for your DA... well, that's your problem.

- Didn't you say the Scourges on L1 Volt should take away more mana since it was made only one can hit?
I lied.

- I personally think that the Bomber should be removed since it IS called Bomber, not Transport...
A. You admit that you don't use it.
B. The Assault has been weakened enough by +4.

- If you halve the amount of Lurkers casted on Mutant L3 you should probably make the base damage a little bit higher.
I'm hoping that the return to +4 upgrades will compensate.
To be honest, I'd rather risk making Mutant underpowered at this point. It can be raised if the damage is too low.

- Maybe make there a way to get your probe out of a stuck place as we saw yesterday.
It isn't necessary to make triggers to compensate for this. I could see it for an SCV which flies around as it builds, but there isn't any reason a Probe can't move to the other side of the building of where the building is going to be.

- Maybe give classes certain edges depending on the class, for example, warrior starts out with +1 HP compared to others, Mage starts with +1 MP compared to others, and I guess other little things that benefit people...
This is why you start with one free level. I'd rather have it be customizable to the player's preferences than forced into a category.

Sep 22 2008, 6:58 pm InsolubleFluff Post #279

Moose remember how last night you said night vision doesn't tend to kill people... I think I found a bug... night vision just Eliminated me...

Addition: There's also a full HP bug for Mutant...
If you cast L4 just before dying and then run away from heal before you change to zergling, you'll have full hp.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 22 2008, 8:34 pm by Shocko.

None.

Sep 23 2008, 1:56 am UnholyUrine Post #280

Moose remember how last night you said night vision doesn't tend to kill people... I think I found a bug... night vision just Eliminated me...

Addition: There's also a full HP bug for Mutant...
If you cast L4 just before dying and then run away from heal before you change to zergling, you'll have full hp.

Could you explain this more clearly?

I also heard that there was a way to make the Firebat's Nuclear Ghost invincible bug.... and ppl've been using it... Did anyone get smth like that?.. the person who told me couldn't explain it clearly enough for me to know what's going on

Also, Clans.. could u put v1.4 up in the first post? (Or i can just upload it on database)

I'll definately consider those changes, moose.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 23 2008, 2:04 am by UnholyUrine.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 12 13 14 15 16140 >
  Back to forum