Esponeo
Jun 27 2008, 2:23 pm
By: KrayZee
Pages: < 1 « 12 13 14 15 >

Jul 6 2008, 9:38 pm InsolubleFluff Post #261

See, I meant you two should be locked in the void because when two kids misbehave they get put in the corner or in a room together and have to solve their problems or something alike. You two are whimpering about something trivial and need to stop right now! Take business related with B.Net and Melee to B.Net, PM's or to Melee, but do not troll these forums further. Solve your problems like grown ups.

None.

Jul 6 2008, 9:52 pm Brontobyte Post #262

I downloaded the replay and watched it. All I could say was :lmfao:

You had Kenoli using his elite micro skills with his Zerg Mutalisk to try and find you all throughout the map. That was so funny. I wish I could see what you all were typing...

None.

Jul 6 2008, 10:56 pm KrayZee Post #263

Quote from Brontobyte
I downloaded the replay and watched it. All I could say was :lmfao:

You had Kenoli using his elite micro skills with his Zerg Mutalisk to try and find you all throughout the map. That was so funny. I wish I could see what you all were typing...
Funniest of all, my Supply Depot were between two mutalisks.

None.

Jul 7 2008, 9:31 pm Esponeo Post #264

It seems strange to me that anyone would even think this was as simple as me being angry and abusing power. I have tried my best to prove that my intentions are nothing but good. Suffice it to say I was threatened and placed in a position where I had to make a moral choice. Those choices have always been very obvious to me. I made a choice knowing full well the consequences, and not caring, because it was the right thing to do.

None.

Jul 7 2008, 9:33 pm KrayZee Post #265

Quote from Esponeo
It seems strange to me that anyone would even think this was as simple as me being angry and abusing power. I have tried my best to prove that my intentions are nothing but good. Suffice it to say I was threatened and placed in a position where I had to make a moral choice. Those choices have always been very obvious to me. I made a choice knowing full well the consequences, and not caring, because it was the right thing to do.
Answer me this that what Moose cannot. Why did you lock that one terrain topic, where your reason is that "It's so good, it deserves a lock"?

None.

Jul 7 2008, 9:47 pm Esponeo Post #266

Why did you lock that one terrain topic, where your reason is that "It's so good, it deserves a lock"?
Let me answer your question be explaining my intentions with the terrain forum. For the most part posts in the terrain forum consist of two types. The first type is people begging for others to make terrain for them. The second type is people showing off their work. When people post -bad- terrain, its nice to see people posting constructive comments hoping to help the person improve their work. When someone posts -good- terrain, you get a lot of people posting single word replies like "Great!"

At one time I was the moderator of only the terrain forum. I imposed stringent rules disallowing people to beg for terrain and requiring that users post specific, constructive comments. At the time these rules were very well received and in fact led to me being made a global moderator. Which brings us to today. Those rules I created are no longer in place. The terrain forum is in an even worse state than the first time I sought to improve it. I believed (and still do) that it might be possible to bash the terrain forum into shape by forcibly removing comments and locking topics if need be. That specific topic got locked because I didn't want to delete all the posts. It was also very clear that there was no real room for valuable discussion to take place. If you would like to see this proven first hand, feel free to refer to the current open topic. So far all that has occurred is more people stating that the blend looks nice and Falkoner asking a question to which he already knew the answer. There really aren't any specific rules outlawing that sort of idle chit chat, but it doesn't seem very appropriate to allow that sort of thing to go on.

I'd also like to address the argument that perhaps the creator of that topic might want to share new blends and he might have to make a new topic to do so. I don't see any issue with that. The creator probably would have made a new topic anyway even if his topic were not closed.

None.

Jul 7 2008, 9:48 pm Pyro682 Post #267

OK, ive read alot, but I have one question....
Whats a troll?
Trolling? lol

Btw, uhhhh Shmidley? im gonna have to say I side with Krayzee on this one.

Battle.net and SEN are two totally different Areas. No mixy-mixy. I remember (as i beleive many of you can recall some times for yourselves) some times when i acted like a complete douche on B.net, but I try to remain constructive on this site. These are 2 separate entities, and should remain that way.

None.

Jul 7 2008, 9:55 pm Esponeo Post #268

Battle.net and SEN are two totally different Areas. No mixy-mixy. I remember (as i beleive many of you can recall some times for yourselves) some times when i acted like a complete douche on B.net, but I try to remain constructive on this site. These are 2 separate entities, and should remain that way.
I have already stated it was not nearly that simple.

None.

Jul 7 2008, 10:08 pm Pyro682 Post #269

Seems very Simple to me.... You were angry, you used your anger instead of your ability to use logic and reason. You let your anger affect your proper judgement, and that, my fellow SEN member, is called a bad decision.
Would you prefer me to make a video of me talking to help you understand? :lol:

None.

Jul 7 2008, 10:08 pm Brontobyte Post #270

Quote from Pyro682
OK, ive read alot, but I have one question....
Whats a troll?
Trolling? lol

Btw, uhhhh Shmidley? im gonna have to say I side with Krayzee on this one.

When have you ever acted mean on b.net? I have talked to you many times throughout numerous days on b.net and you were always nice to me. <3

Troll - Someone who purposely posts something negative that will offend someone so that they will flame them.

None.

Jul 7 2008, 10:10 pm Pyro682 Post #271

Well hahahaha, I was Stoned one time, but I was mainly just saying it to help the Shmidmeister understand.

Thx bront :D

None.

Jul 7 2008, 10:12 pm Brontobyte Post #272

Quote from Pyro682
Well hahahaha, I was Stoned one time, but I was mainly just saying it to help the Shmidmeister understand.

Thx bront :D

Well he has successfully been relieved of his/her powers as a Global Moderator, so what's done, is done.

Ok, Esponeo, you can lock this now. Oh wait, yeah... :rolleyes: :lol:

None.

Jul 7 2008, 10:22 pm Moose Post #273

We live in a society.

Quote from Esponeo
Let me answer your question be explaining my intentions with the terrain forum.
First problem: Your intentions are not the rules. As a Global Moderator, I would have no problem if you decided to post rules for the Terrain forum and then enforced them. Moderators have done so before. However, you are not granted authority to enforce rules that exist only within your head because you feel like it.

Quote from Esponeo
I imposed stringent rules disallowing people to beg for terrain and requiring that users post specific, constructive comments. At the time these rules were very well received and in fact led to me being made a global moderator. Which brings us to today. Those rules I created are no longer in place.
Why did I never hear about this?
Why were these aforementioned rules never reposted?
Follow up question to the previous one, why then are they being enforced?

Quote from Esponeo
That specific topic got locked because I didn't want to delete all the posts.
The other problem. Laziness is no excuse to hurt the innocent to prevent the offenders from running unchecked. If you truly do have a "reforming" mentality as you have claimed to me, the offenders will most likely not learn from this.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 7 2008, 10:29 pm by Mini Moose 2707.

Jul 7 2008, 10:28 pm Esponeo Post #274

First problem: Your intentions are not the rules. As a Global Moderator, I would have no problem with you posting a topic of rules in Terrain and then enforcing it. But no, you are not granted authority to enforce rules that exist only within you head because you feel like it.
You were kind enough to include several catch-alls in the ToS that don't require specific rules for such things. If there was any specific action you felt I should not have been taking I would have appreciated you informing me of this weeks ago.

Why did I never hear about this?
Why were these aforementioned rules never reposted?
Follow up question to the previous one, why then are they being enforced?
I dunno, you were the one who made me a global moderator. And why would I have the rules? I do not keep records of the rules on SEN. When I realized that the rules were gone, I discussed with you the possibility of them being re-included.

The other problem. Laziness is no excuse to make sure the actual offenders are punished.
I did not lock it because I was lazy. I locked it because it was practical. I could have simply deleted every single post in that topic, and then had ten more people whining. I chose to stop the conversation completely, then impose posting restrictions on future topics.

None.

Jul 7 2008, 10:44 pm Moose Post #275

We live in a society.

Quote from Esponeo
You were kind enough to include several catch-alls in the ToS that don't require specific rules for such things. If there was any specific action you felt I should not have been taking I would have appreciated you informing me of this weeks ago.
I believe I am not expressing for the first time that the Terrain topic should have been cleaned up instead of locked.
You already know that I disagree with your suspension of KrayZee.

Quote from Esponeo
I locked it because it was practical. I could have simply deleted every single post in that topic, and then had ten more people whining.
Yes, but I would be more than willing to put my foot down on them and refer them to the rules.

Quote from Esponeo
I chose to stop the conversation completely, then impose posting restrictions on future topics.
Except you didn't do the second part. Otherwise the Terrain topic would have a rules thread with your name on it. (though I will probably be shamelessly incorporating some things from your earlier post into it now)
Regardless, at the time, everyone saw the enforcement of the non-rules completely unjustified.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 7 2008, 10:54 pm by Mini Moose 2707.

Jul 7 2008, 10:47 pm Pyro682 Post #276

Obviously, you ended up with 12 more people whining by locking it anyways, and thus should have used your powers of observation and inference to know that would happen.

Oh, Shmid, Better luck next time though, no hard feelings, and you should probably read this before attempting to Globally Moderate a second time. It would drastically raise your approval rating if one was on this site.
http://www.staredit.net/topic/3563/
:lol: But seriously, no offense, that was a totally constructive comment and I meant the link with total sincerity.

None.

Jul 7 2008, 10:53 pm Esponeo Post #277

I believe I am not expressing for the first time that the Terrain topic should have been cleaned up instead of locked. You already know that I disagree with your suspension of KrayZee.
You never said anything like that to me. Locking up old trash and throwing it out is a part of cleaning. I would like to know on what grounds you disagree with that action.

Yes, but I would be more than willing to put my foot down on them and refer them to the rules.
I had no desire to go back and enforce rules on a bunch of old posts in a forum where the rules had a history of not being enforced. In that situation the best approach seemed to be to start fresh.

Except you didn't do the second part. I made the rules topic without any help from you. Regardless, at the time, everyone saw the enforcement of the non-rules completely unjustified.
I did enforce the "rules." Only they did not actually exist. I only found that out after people started complaining that no such rules existed when I started deleting their posts. At that point, I immediately asked you if you wanted me to create new rules. You stated that you would do that yourself. I don't know why you're making it sound like it was my job to do it or that I somehow betrayed you by not helping you out. You never asked me for help.

None.

Jul 7 2008, 10:55 pm Brontobyte Post #278

Quote from Pyro682
Obviously, you ended up with 12 more people whining by locking it anyways, and thus should have used your powers of observation and inference to know that would happen.

Oh, Shmid, Better luck next time though, no hard feelings, and you should probably read this before attempting to Globally Moderate a second time. It would drastically raise your approval rating if one was on this site.
http://www.staredit.net/topic/3563/
:lol: But seriously, no offense, that was a totally constructive comment and I meant the link with total sincerity.

I doubt the Administrators will give him a second chance, being that he/she really screwed up this time. I could be mistaken though. DEAD aka Gigins was given a second chance after some pretty bad stuff. :unsure:

None.

Jul 7 2008, 11:00 pm Pyro682 Post #279

I think they should.. Maybe he will learn from his mistakes, and then he can be a moderator again. This IS America, afterall.

I'm pretty sure it's a he, being that its a guy in the video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py_XSWemlyM

-Edit-
Now that i watch it again, i notice... that he really does roll his eyes a lot, doesn't he?

None.

Jul 7 2008, 11:09 pm Moose Post #280

We live in a society.

Quote from Esponeo
I believe I am not expressing for the first time that the Terrain topic should have been cleaned up instead of locked. You already know that I disagree with your suspension of KrayZee.
You never said anything like that to me. Locking up old trash and throwing it out is a part of cleaning. I would like to know on what grounds you disagree with that action.
The people making the "it's good" posts are the spammers. The thread creator has not done anything wrong. Locking the topic does not punish the right people or teach the offenders anything. Other posters have raised this point several times.

Quote from Esponeo
In that situation the best approach seemed to be to start fresh.
Except there are correct and incorrect ways to do this.

Quote from Esponeo
I did enforce the "rules." Only they did not actually exist.
That is a problem.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 12 13 14 15 >
  Back to forum