Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Map protection thread?
Map protection thread?
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jun 24 2008, 3:41 am
By: Hercanic  

Jun 24 2008, 11:08 pm Brontobyte Post #21

Quote from name:Yoshi
Theres no free speech here, sorry. If a moderator disagrees with your argument/post they can do whatever they want.

He clearly stated that he didn't see the part where you had to vote in order to reply/see others replies. He deleted the topic because he saw no replies, thus leading me to believe that he deleted the topic because he didn't see the "you must voted....bla bla bla..." area. How is that fair, even though it is now locked, and soon was going to be locked?

None.

Jun 24 2008, 11:14 pm Ultraviolet Post #22

Theres no free speech here, sorry. If a moderator disagrees with your argument/post they can do whatever they want.

WRONG.

Quote from The Rules
Do the rules apply to administrators?
If you have to ask this, you didn't read the Terms of Service. Otherwise, I won't lie: No.
The rules do, however, apply to moderators and other staff. They also may be granted some leniency. If you feel that moderators are out of line, please contact an administrator.

The administration should know the rules.

Jun 24 2008, 11:38 pm Demented Shaman Post #23

Quote from name:NerdyTerdy

WRONG.

Quote from The Rules
If you have to ask this, you didn't read the Terms of Service. Otherwise, I won't lie: No.
The rules do, however, apply to moderators and other staff. They also may be granted some leniency. If you feel that moderators are out of line, please contact an administrator.

The admin is never wrong, even if what he says contradicts the written rules. You need to use some doublethink :rolleyes:

Since Yoshi made the statement it must be considered either an interpretation or amendment to the existing rules. Whichever the case, it is certainly not wrong. The statement must be true.

There is probably a contradiction with the last part of Yoshi's statement, however, in this case Esponeo acted after consulting with Moose and if the admin condones the moderator's actions then the moderator can do whatever he wants. I'd say the first half saying that there's no free speech is very true.

None.

Jun 24 2008, 11:42 pm Ultraviolet Post #24

Quote from name:devilesk

WRONG.

Quote from The Rules

The admin is never wrong, even if what he says contradicts the written rules. You need to use some doublethink :rolleyes:

And regardless since Yoshi made the statement it must be considered either an interpretation or amendment to the existing rules. Whatever it is it is certainly not wrong. The statement must be true.

Yoshi is barely even an admin here. He's the lowest ranking admin, and he is wrong.

Jun 24 2008, 11:46 pm Brontobyte Post #25

Discussion related to SEN: questions, bugs, ideas, suggestions, how the staff is unfair and other related matters.

I simply said that he acted on a false pretense. He admitted that he was wrong. End of story. Now what I'm saying is that someone should make the statement "You need to vote before you can reply" bigger, or whatever you have to do to make it more visible, so that something like this is prevented in the future.

None.

Jun 24 2008, 11:49 pm Moose Post #26

We live in a society.

WRONG.
Half wrong. No free speech, but also no moderators doing "whatever they want". Which is horribly vague, but whatever.

however, in this case Esponeo acted after consulting with Moose and if the admin condones the moderator's actions then the moderator can do whatever he wants. I'd say the first half saying that there's no free speech is very true.
I was hardly consulted. In fact, I was posting in the topic while it was deleted and got the error message after hitting the post button.

Jun 24 2008, 11:52 pm Demented Shaman Post #27

Quote from Mini Moose 2707

WRONG.
Half wrong. No free speech, but also no moderators doing "whatever they want". Which is horribly vague, but whatever.

however, in this case Esponeo acted after consulting with Moose and if the admin condones the moderator's actions then the moderator can do whatever he wants. I'd say the first half saying that there's no free speech is very true.
I was hardly consulted. In fact, I was posting in the topic while it was deleted and got the error message after hitting the post button.
Well Esponeo told me he talked to you.
[15:31] esponeovendago: However
[15:31] esponeovendago: I did not simply delete that topic
[15:31] esponeovendago: I talked to Moose about it before hand

And to the statement Yoshi made, it doesn't even need to be half wrong. If whatever a moderator wants to do is something the admin agrees with, then it's not wrong. :) The moderator would essentially be doing whatever he wants, but also not be breaking any rules. And then what if whatever a moderator wants to do is only to not do whatever he wants to do. Ponder that for a moment. :|

None.

Jun 24 2008, 11:56 pm Brontobyte Post #28

And to the statement Yoshi made, it doesn't even need to be half wrong. If whatever a moderator wants to do is something the admin agrees with, then it's not wrong. :) The moderator would essentially be doing whatever he wants, but also not be breaking any rules.

So you can't do whatever you want, you need an Administrator to back you up. :rolleyes:

None.

Jun 24 2008, 11:57 pm Demented Shaman Post #29

Quote from Brontobyte
And to the statement Yoshi made, it doesn't even need to be half wrong. If whatever a moderator wants to do is something the admin agrees with, then it's not wrong. :) The moderator would essentially be doing whatever he wants, but also not be breaking any rules.

So you can't do whatever you want, you need an Administrator to back you up. :rolleyes:
No you are doing whatever you want. The admin isn't forcing you to do anything or making choices for you. You are free and are doing whatever you want. Whatever you're doing just happens to be things the Admin doesn't have a problem with.

None.

Jun 24 2008, 11:59 pm Moose Post #30

We live in a society.

And to the statement Yoshi made, it doesn't even need to be half wrong. If whatever a moderator wants to do is something the admin agrees with, then it's not wrong. :)
Correct. But the fact is that I did NOT agree. I was posting in the topic that he deleted. Why would I continue writing a post in a topic that I have consented to the deletion of?

I have since talked to Esponeo after your conversation. The only important line is:
[15:56:29] Esponeo: I meant I deleted it before you replied on AIM

Jun 24 2008, 11:59 pm Brontobyte Post #31

Quote from Brontobyte

No you are doing whatever you want.

After you get the ok from an Administrator... So no you can't just do whatever you want to do, if you are a moderator. You have to have it first approved by an Administrator, if it could potentially break the rules that moderators are given.

None.

Jun 25 2008, 12:00 am Demented Shaman Post #32

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
And to the statement Yoshi made, it doesn't even need to be half wrong. If whatever a moderator wants to do is something the admin agrees with, then it's not wrong. :)
Correct. But the fact is that I did NOT agree. I was posting in the topic that he deleted. Why would I continue writing a post in a topic that I have consented to the deletion of?

I have since talked to Esponeo after your conversation. The only important line is:
[15:56:29] Esponeo: I meant I deleted it before you replied on AIM
Yes, I'm just saying hypothetically and in general, not about this specific situation as Yoshi's statement was also in general and not explicitly about this situation.

After you get the ok from an Administrator... So no you can't just do whatever you want to do, if you are a moderator. You have to have it first approved by an Administrator, if it could potentially break the rules that moderators are given.
No, I'm saying that the moderator acts first and in doing so is doing whatever he wants. When the admin sees the action he has no problem with it. There is no need for approval if the act is never against the rules.

None.

Jun 25 2008, 12:06 am Corbo Post #33

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Jesus, all of this because of another OSMap vs CSMap thread? We've had so many already, get over it.

fuck you all

Jun 25 2008, 12:07 am Brontobyte Post #34

No, I'm saying that the moderator acts first and in doing so is doing whatever he wants. When the admin sees the action he has no problem with it. There is no need for approval if the act is never against the rules.

You couldn't have said this ~5 posts ago? So once again, if moderator acts by commencing forth with an action and the Administrator does not agree, this means that they can't do whatever they want. The only staff team that can do what they want, when they want are the Administrators.

I'm sure even Administrators can't just do anything, with no limits. If somehow one of them just starting deleting/banning accounts with no reason, someone would check them, or so I hope...

None.

Jun 25 2008, 1:40 am Esponeo Post #35

I can see I should have closed this before I left.

None.

Options
  Back to forum