Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Yes 11

43%
None.
No 15

58%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 26 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Jun 11 2008, 3:18 am Ckol Post #41

Over here is Aus, we call it a Formal, I went to mine, brought a female friend, we eat at a table with a bunch of other friends, talked to some of our awesome teachers and met their partners, went outside and talked about stupid shit like we always do. Pretty much what we normally do on a weekend expect we were all dressed up.

Social Events are what you make them, if you go with the mentality of picking up and getting laid, you'll either have an awesome time (success) or be miserable (fail). If you go with the mentality of meeting new people and having fun with current friends, you'll have a kick ass time.

PS. Rap is shitty :)

None.

Jun 11 2008, 3:20 am MadZombie Post #42

Quote from DT_Battlekruser
Quote from MillenniumArmy
I remember my senior year, me and some friends had an "Anti-prom" night. Sat night was of course our school's (well not just my school, but my entire school district's) prom night and all of us who weren't going instead just hung out (like had dinner, went to see a movie, etc). And every now and then, we'd always try to call our friends during the middle of their prom. It was quite a blast xD

Did that, too :D It was arguably more fun than our senior ball.

Unfortunately, most people take anti-prom to the dynamic of bringing over booze and trying to get laid. Retards.

Kind of weird for a senior or junior girl or guy to ask a freshman guy out to prom.

It's just called desperate and stupid. Especially when the freshman declines.

I never knew how much I liked dancing until then. Now I can go clubbing all the time because

:...: Just, no comment.
desperate?... maybe if it was they day before the prom u ask out a freshman but i know ALOT of people who do it and arent using their partner and actually care. Also, Wtf is wrong with
I never knew how much I liked dancing until then. Now I can go clubbing all the time because

???? o.O

None.

Jun 11 2008, 4:11 am DT_Battlekruser Post #43

Quote from Ckol
Over here is Aus, we call it a Formal, I went to mine, brought a female friend, we eat at a table with a bunch of other friends, talked to some of our awesome teachers and met their partners, went outside and talked about stupid shit like we always do. Pretty much what we normally do on a weekend expect we were all dressed up.

Social Events are what you make them, if you go with the mentality of picking up and getting laid, you'll either have an awesome time (success) or be miserable (fail). If you go with the mentality of meeting new people and having fun with current friends, you'll have a kick ass time.

I can has Australia? Virtually nobody in the US is that mature :omfg: Though I admit the one I managed to go to perhaps faintly resembled that (like I said, our senior class actually has class). I spend a good half of the "dance" time off the floor and away from the really loud blaring sound, so I definitely got some socializing done :)

i know ALOT of people who do it and arent using their partner and actually care.

"aren't using their partner"? What? I don't think I understand.

Also, Wtf is wrong with

No comment... if you, to use wise words, "go with the mentality of picking up and getting laid" then.. I can't help you.

None.

Jun 11 2008, 4:59 am WoAHorde Post #44

Quote from Lord Agamemnon
Quote from name:Shocko
Prom was f'ing amazing. I never knew how much I liked dancing until then.

I originally just went to prom to see what all the fuss was about, and I know the feeling. Turns out that there is a virtue to shitty rap music, after all--it's pretty easy to dance to. Although you can do the same thing with techno, which doesn't offend my eardrums, but my schoolmates never understood that.

QFT.

While I still hate rap music with a fiery passion, it isn't as shitty if its played correctly at a dance. Techno is that rap dance feeling on steroids with an adrenaline rush.

None.

Jun 11 2008, 6:33 am Test Post #45

I'm going Next friday...
I voted yes, because I am going...

None.

Jun 11 2008, 11:01 am MadZombie Post #46

wait he said,
I dont understand how that would give anyone the mentality of picking up and getting laid unless ur judging them without knowing them. Cuz i know secretly Shocko is a Complete nerd and went to his prom wearing a WoW Burning crusade Shirt...tucked in :X.

None.

Jun 11 2008, 11:13 am Phobos Post #47

Are you sure about that?

There aren't dance proms in my country. And I am sure they suck.

this is signature

Jun 11 2008, 7:30 pm MadZombie Post #48

Quote from Phobos
There aren't dance proms in my country.
And what country is that?

None.

Jun 11 2008, 7:38 pm Symmetry Post #49

Dungeon Master

El Salvador.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jun 11 2008, 7:50 pm JaFF Post #50

I got my physics exam on Friday. ON FRIDAY THE 13TH, BITCHEZ!!!!1

Then, on the 21st, we have a similar party, but no "prom dance" - that's not the way we celebrate the end of school in Latvia.

None.

Jun 11 2008, 7:58 pm Phobos Post #51

Are you sure about that?

The thing is that we... How to express this... The schools are small, and we don't have monetary resources to do something like a dance, which, in my opinion, is great. Not because we're poor, but because I don't like dancing at all, even more if I ahve to do it for the sole purpouse of keeping a social status or reputation.

this is signature

Jun 11 2008, 8:42 pm ClansAreForGays Post #52

Am I supposed to ask someone to dance or am I supposed to just wade into the mob in the middle.

I'm just standing here.... with all these people around me, I'M SO AWKWARD!

ok, don't just stand in one place, walk around to club a bit.

*5 laps later*

My legs are getting tired, and people are probably starting to think I'm that A.D.D. kid who actually runs to the cafeteria at lunch. (Fast Walker)

*Soulja boy comes on*

Now's my chance! I can wade back into the mob and 'crank it' with them.

She's dancing her way over to me, finally! Oh wait, she's a wookie! abort! take laps! hide!

Phew, lost her. This is stupid, what was I thinking. Everyone here is fake, retarded, and probably has herpes. Most of the chick here are Yeti's anyways. I'm leaving. Ugh, I have to go across the dance floor through that AIDS infested mob? Isn't that a fire hazard?

"Excuse me." ........... "Excuse me." ........................... "Excuse..." Who's grabbing me? Am I about to get my ass kicked? woah.... hey.... she's rubbing her ass on me, and she's like a 10!

Awesome! I don't really know what to do but take it, BUT THIS IS AWESOME! Really awesome, really really really.... uh oh. Don't get a boner. Don't get a boner, don't get a boner, don't get a boner...

She is totally grinding on my boner, THIS IS AWESOME! I love clubs! Why didn't I try this sooner. Clubbing has to be the coolest thing ever, everyone needs to try this. Fuck sports/work/games. This is where you find the true meaning of life.

This is love. I can honestly say I've never loved anyone else before in my life until her. I don't know her name, but as soon as she's done grinding my cock I am going to ask her to marry me. I wonder what we should name our.... where'd she go?

THAT WHORE! Now she's dancing with some jock. I'm so stupid, the one place I decided not to bring my pocket knife. stupid stupid stupid. I'm going to follow this faggot out to his car and hit him over the head with a pipe. kill kill kill kill kill KILL

Love is dead, this club is dead, I wish everyone was dead. I going to.... uh oh! wookie! Peace out bitches!

/scene

Jun 11 2008, 9:05 pm SiN Post #53

yep that's pretty much the gist of it.

the prom at our school is actually really formal.
everyone buys some expensive dress or tux and actually goes to either have a fun ass time or dance with the person they love.
of course they still do the same old hip hop music, but there's still a lot of slow dances which make it fun.

the school dances are wayy different then the prom though.
just the same old drama that happens at every dance:
"uh, oh! john is grinding lisa!!!"
"but i thought that john was was going out with sarah!"
"but sarah is a lesbian..."
"what the hell? let me go find out"
"okay lisa said that sarah is actually her girlfriend"
"than what the hell is john doing there?"
"oh thats not john thats jacob...i *heard* that he just got plastic surgery"
"no way! let me go talk to him..."
*punch in face, bleeding all over the ground and paramedics come*
"okay well thats over...LETS GO PARTAYY!!....hey wait is that michael dancing with mary......."

None.

Jun 11 2008, 9:12 pm Phobos Post #54

Are you sure about that?

I know my people. If a dance/prom was made, there'd be at least 3 fucks, a pregnant girl, a dude drinking alcohol, and finally, me and my healthy group (lol yeah we're not decent or respectful, but we know we know were to keep our penises and were NOT to go if you don't want to be drugged) have fun in a mall or in some other place like that (evidently not buying stuff).

About the pregnant girl, it'd be true. Last year in my school 11 High School girls graduated- Pregnant. There is this one girl in my classroom who used to charge the hour.

this is signature

Jun 11 2008, 10:29 pm ClansAreForGays Post #55

Quote from SiN
"okay well thats over...LETS GO PARTAYY!!....hey wait is that michael dancing with mary......."
lol

Jun 11 2008, 11:24 pm stickynote Post #56

At my school: Pregnant + weed.

None.

Jun 12 2008, 2:08 am MadZombie Post #57

so people here on sen like getting laid but dont go looking for it? i understand you need to keep ur penis somwhere so its not like thats all you know but if you dont put ur penis on the table the girls wont know if ur offering it or not. Metaphoricly (sp) speaking...i think. :stfu:

At my school: Pregnant + weed
same.

None.

Jun 12 2008, 2:38 am DT_Battlekruser Post #58

CAFG satirizes well; what's sad is how many people think that exactly that is the epitome of social existence.

I know my people. If a dance/prom was made, there'd be at least 3 fucks, a pregnant girl, a dude drinking alcohol, and finally, me and my healthy group

*inches away from your school* :P

Quote from MadZombie
wait he said,
I dont understand how that would give anyone the mentality of picking up and getting laid unless ur judging them without knowing them. Cuz i know secretly Shocko is a Complete nerd and went to his prom wearing a WoW Burning crusade Shirt...tucked in :X.

With respect, "going clubbing" is the nadir of social comportment and respectability.

so people here on sen like getting laid but dont go looking for it? i understand you need to keep ur penis somwhere so its not like thats all you know but if you dont put ur penis on the table the girls wont know if ur offering it or not. Metaphoricly (sp) speaking...i think.

I don't think I've ever met someone over a reasonable age that didn't like (physically) getting laid. It's a biological thing. It is, however, possible to exercise some restraint over your bodily needs.

None.

Jun 12 2008, 2:46 am stickynote Post #59

It is possible to place some restraint on your body's physical needs. Of those include individual survival needs. Sexual needs can be completely restrained, and there are living examples, such as people practicing abstinance, and priests (some; there are select individuals who have decided to molest children. :P) that practice celibacy.

None.

Jun 12 2008, 2:55 am Echo Post #60

It's a shame how some of you thinks smoking weed and doing drugs is cool. I'm a G but I aint do no dope.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum