Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Purchasable Reform Proposal
Purchasable Reform Proposal
May 22 2008, 9:56 pm
By: Moose  

May 23 2008, 5:18 am FatalException Post #21

Kick it down a notch (lolEmril). Avatar upon registration, signature after 3 days and 5 posts, title after 15 days and 15 posts.

None.

May 23 2008, 7:23 am Daedalus Post #22

I partly agree with Battlekruser and the others.

I think signatures should not be restricted at all. It's the most basic thing which makes you recognizeable and give a personal touch to your account. Maybe you can restrict images/flash in your signature for a while.
Avatars and titles could be restricted though. Especially titles are just an extra thing, a bonus.

I would increase the wait for an avatar though. Make it restricted the first 14 days, if you want to restrict it.

None.

May 23 2008, 7:53 am Falkoner Post #23

Nah, I think you have it backwards, avatar, then sig, avatars are right under your username, so people usually recognize people by those first, that and they HAVE to be an image.

None.

May 23 2008, 7:22 pm Dapperdan Post #24

Quote from Falkoner
Nah, I think you [definitely] have it backwards, avatar [and title], then sig, avatars are right under your username, so people usually recognize people by those first, that and they HAVE to be an image.

None.

May 24 2008, 7:06 pm Moose Post #25

We live in a society.

Yeah, I figure avatars should always be available. They are now, and they aren't that big of a deal.
First post is edited.

May 24 2008, 7:07 pm Falkoner Post #26

Refund plz? :P

None.

May 24 2008, 8:14 pm mikelat Post #27

I demand that we should have a 50 post requirement before new members are able to post.

None.

May 24 2008, 8:17 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #28

Seconded. Doesn't affect me, so NIMBY :lol:

None.

May 24 2008, 8:19 pm FatalException Post #29

Quote from name:Yoshi
I demand that we should have a 50 post requirement before new members are able to post.
What a jerk move. :lol:

None.

May 24 2008, 8:19 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #30

Just here for the activity... well not really

Null posts shouldn't count.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

May 24 2008, 9:11 pm Moose Post #31

We live in a society.

IMO, that doesn't really matter because of the time factor. Asking for 1 post per day is not too extreme to gain more functions for the forums you're posting in.

May 25 2008, 4:14 am ~:Deathawk:~ Post #32

The way I see it, restricting people from having a signature when they're new serves no purpose. This goes for both the 10 day/post restriction and store restriction. If it's to justify the store, then perhaps things like the store should be considered getting ridden of or revamped.

None.

May 25 2008, 5:20 am EzDay281 Post #33

Damn, I'd sig that if I... well, had a sig. D:
... wait. I don't have a signature? I thought I did! D:

Out of curiosity, what's up with user titles requiring ten times more participation than signatures? Seems rather backwards, to me -- signatures are more noticable, take up more space, have more potential for usefulness ( note Tuxedo-Templar's post ) ...

None.

May 25 2008, 7:07 am Moose Post #34

We live in a society.

It was the heirarchy of inherited bonuses from v4. That is, not to say, that it cannot be changed.

May 25 2008, 7:07 am InsolubleFluff Post #35

I vote text signatures and no images ;D!

None.

May 25 2008, 7:22 am Moose Post #36

We live in a society.

I should totally GameFAQs this place out. ;o

May 25 2008, 12:00 pm Clokr_ Post #37

I don't like the days/posts conditions for sign and user title. Posts count mean spamming because when someone has 90 posts they'll race to the 100 posts to get the user title. Minerals are a better option since spamming on some forums won't give you barely any minerals.
I also don't like the minimum of days because there are accounts which have barely any posts and have been active for years.

Quote from DT_Battlekruser
Quote from name:Yoshi
Whats wrong with having this stuff available upon registration? Its really just encouraging elitism and spamming.

I've said this from the beginning.. I actually don't mind elitism, per se, but stopping new members from getting something like a signature or an avatar is just plain stupid. They should not be considered 'perks' to be earned.

That's why there's an option to disable minerals, they're supposed to be an game-like option and in no way compulsive. Afterall, minerals are what promote the elitism you just have to disable them.

What has to be fixed is the store itself. Some users have got signatures for barely 40 minerals while other ones have spent 200+ minerals on them. The store system itself seems a wheel of fortune. Plus sometimes you won't be able to find an item because it is simply sold out...

?????

May 25 2008, 5:21 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #38

That's why there's an option to disable minerals, they're supposed to be an game-like option and in no way compulsive.

Then it seems bitingly ironic that to do anything "game-like" at SEN, including more message and other space, one must first submit to the tyranny of a system that makes you spam like hell before you are awarded basic board features.

None.

May 25 2008, 10:29 pm Vrael Post #39

Quote from DT_Battlekruser
That's why there's an option to disable minerals, they're supposed to be an game-like option and in no way compulsive.
Then it seems bitingly ironic that to do anything "game-like" at SEN, including more message and other space, one must first submit to the tyranny of a system that makes you spam like hell before you are awarded basic board features.

Chil~~ It's a website! "Submit to the tyranny?" "Bitingly Ironic?" It's not like there's real government here, it's just a site for some people who play Starcraft; is it really that important to have a signerature or an avatar? I mean, sure, for recognizing things, but when you can change them whenever, I end up just looking at the username anyway. I could see restricting them if you don't have enough space or something strange like that... but is that really a problem?

None.

May 25 2008, 11:16 pm Falkoner Post #40

DTBK, you disable fun, and you get "basic board features", if you want the better ones, then you have to post a bit to get the "basic" ones.

None.

Options
  Back to forum