Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: Firegraft Update Discussion
Firegraft Update Discussion
May 22 2008, 4:24 am
By: Fyrinite
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8

Feb 3 2010, 11:09 pm Fyrinite Post #141

yay thread resurrection.

let's see...supporting ChaosLauncher plugins. might happen.

redirecting functions...maybe leave that up to plugin writers.

and finally...

http://modcrafters.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2434#p2434

None.

Feb 11 2010, 2:12 am Biophysicist Post #142

I can't get the 1.16.1 EXE Edits to work. I put the file in the FG's data MPQ after deleting the old one. Nothing happened.

None.

Feb 11 2010, 11:33 am ShadowFlare Post #143

If you are trying to add a new file, I think you also need to add the file name to a certain file, which I don't remember the name of.

None.

Feb 11 2010, 2:54 pm poiuy_qwert Post #144

PyMS and ProTRG developer

You cant add it to an already made exe.

Feb 12 2010, 4:25 am ShadowFlare Post #145

I'm fairly sure that you can. It just needs to be added to the mpq archive in the exe and the name needs to be added to Firegraft\datalist.txt

As for data.mpq, same thing there. Add it to the mpq archive and add the name to Firegraft\datalist.txt

None.

Feb 12 2010, 7:35 am Fyrinite Post #146

Lol, when I can't say if SF is right for sure, it's proof I haven't worked on FG for too long.

She's right in everything I believe. I should select an available data file for the version you try running on. However, make sure it's the only one for that version. If you have more than 1, it'll choose the first one in the datalist.txt file.

If the edits aren't working...there might be a tricky bit of code in there to stop edits on different versions. It was either planned or implemented at some point, I seriously do not remember. I don't think it is though. I think it was never finished, only planned.

None.

Feb 12 2010, 4:23 pm poiuy_qwert Post #147

PyMS and ProTRG developer

From what I understand (bajadulce and others at BWAI did these exe edits and found this out) it's not that the exe edits don't work, its that when you add new exe edits to the .fgd in an already created FG exe they don't appear in the list of EXE edits. You have to add the changes to the FG data mpq and then create a new EXE for them to appear.

Feb 12 2010, 5:36 pm Fyrinite Post #148

Yeah, and uh, that makes sense because the data files in the exe's are only there to be read when patching currently. Another one of those 'planned to be changed but wasn't yet' things.

None.

Feb 12 2010, 9:11 pm Biophysicist Post #149

You have to add the changes to the FG data mpq and then create a new EXE for them to appear.

That's what I did. It didn't work.

But BWAI has a version of FG with the edits I need enabled, so I'll just use that. Though some of the default values are weird like spellcaster energy defaulting to 0.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8
  Back to forum