Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Galactic Gunnerz
Galactic Gunnerz
May 14 2008, 10:48 am
By: The Starport
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 >

May 19 2008, 8:02 pm Rantent Post #41

I think the problem was that you couldn't spam enough wraiths. You needed to make your triggers run for more units. :(
Seemed like it was doing it one at a time or something.

None.

May 19 2008, 8:09 pm Demented Shaman Post #42

Also, I was hoping that the gas recharge would increase more with additional starports.

None.

May 19 2008, 8:47 pm Clokr_ Post #43

Why not make supply depot increase the gas recharge rate?

?????

May 21 2008, 1:51 am The Starport Post #44

Starports DO increase the gas recharge rate, lesk. You max out at around 15 Starports (I think it was), though.

Edit: Oh you mean MORE with Starports? Meh.

And I used to have Supply Depots for both that purpose, then later as a way to convert minerals into energy refills. But I later consolidated the former idea as a function of Starports, and scrapped the latter idea as a tertiary feature of the main gameplay.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 21 2008, 2:56 am by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

May 21 2008, 1:54 am Falkoner Post #45

I always rule all when I play multiplayer :P Mah hacks rule!

None.

May 21 2008, 2:40 am Falkoner Post #46

Tux, your map is glitched. First problem, is that every level, rather than adding 25 minerals, like I'm sure you wanted to, it sets your minerals back to 25, often losing a lot of money.

Second bug, often your wraiths will just sit there, and not do anything, not even disappear, or hit enemies, is there a way to speed up the checking?

Here's a replay if you wanna see what I mean, it was really bad in this game: http://www.mediafire.com/?zdtjigzdtdm

None.

May 21 2008, 2:54 am The Starport Post #47

Hmm. The 25 minerals thing is definitely a bug. :P

I've only noticed wraith lingering when they get stuck near the arena edges. I'll have to see that replay to see what you're referring to...

None.

May 21 2008, 3:05 am candle12345 Post #48

The Secret Message is: "GG"
Indicative of the fact that tux has quit, and it is over. Good game.

None.

May 21 2008, 3:14 am The Starport Post #49

Not quite. Though I won't lie that I was thinking about it earlier, but decided not to.

Message behind the map isn't a secret one, really. I just want to see if anyone grasps it from what they see happening during and after the levels.

None.

May 21 2008, 6:50 am candle12345 Post #50

Gunning down memes? :lol:

None.

May 21 2008, 1:41 pm LoveLess Post #51

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

lolwut?

None.

May 21 2008, 3:15 pm Wormer Post #52

Quote from nae:Tuxedo-Templar
Hmm. The 25 minerals thing is definitely a bug. :P
lol, I thought it was intentionally :D Anyway, it gives you an additional 100 minerals every time you build the second armory.

Some.

May 21 2008, 3:30 pm The Starport Post #53

Hmm. That was supposed to be a refund from building more than one, since only one was needed. Forgot I adjusted the price since then. :P

I'll fix minor issues like those, but I don't want to dwell too long on this map. I've got others to do.

None.

May 21 2008, 4:07 pm Clokr_ Post #54

Minor issues? :P
I wasn't able to build a second starport for the first 7-8 rounds or so, then we got defeated! :(

?????

May 21 2008, 4:21 pm The Starport Post #55

Well, it's minor to me because it takes me a grand total of 5 minutes to fix. :P

Anyway I'll upload v1.1 soon.

None.

May 21 2008, 4:25 pm The Starport Post #56

Ok it's re-uploaded. Re-download the map for the fixes.

None.

May 21 2008, 5:44 pm Falkoner Post #57

Woot, I bet I can beat it now :)

None.

May 21 2008, 7:47 pm CeR Post #58

I've played. The system is amazing but a bit slow.

None.

May 21 2008, 8:03 pm Falkoner Post #59

Yeah, if the system was slightly faster it would make it that much better, I love BCs :P

None.

May 22 2008, 1:47 am The Starport Post #60

Faster... you mean with more responsive collision/movement detection? Or if I simply lowered the build times of units? Or do you mean a smaller lane to make the projectiles have to cover less distance?

Gameplay tip: Firing shots as they come towards you ensures that you land more hits, as both the enemy speed moving towards the shot and the shot's speed decrease the overall time until they collide; making your shots 'faster', in effect.

That's why it's good to build starports all around the lane.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 22 2008, 2:08 am by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 >
  Back to forum