Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Galactic Gunnerz
Galactic Gunnerz
May 14 2008, 10:48 am
By: The Starport
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 >

May 22 2008, 2:06 am Kow Post #61

I think he means as in where it was more of a point and click type than "Oh ok, they're gonna be there in 30 seconds, send my missiles".

Just played it with Xeno. Pretty lulz.

None.

May 22 2008, 2:09 am The Starport Post #62

Well, short of modding, or shrinking the lane substantially, it would be hard to improve shot speed. Yes, I sorta agree on that. But there are ways to think ahead to counter that.

None.

May 22 2008, 2:13 am Kow Post #63

Theoretically, you could tell which direction it's moving with a mobile grid and just accelerate it with a move unit in x direction, but I don't know if it's easy or even possible to have that many mobile grids...

None.

May 22 2008, 5:26 am Falkoner Post #64

No, I mean reaction to a collision speed, I don't mind having to aim a little bit to hit a moving target :P That's one of the things that makes this system so fun.

None.

May 22 2008, 6:19 am The Starport Post #65

I could increase collision detection speed to 1/12 second if I wanted. But the lag becomes pretty substantial then.

None.

May 22 2008, 2:22 pm Falkoner Post #66

Ah, so it comes down to lag again... Perhaps a way to select it at the beginning?

None.

May 22 2008, 2:31 pm Clokr_ Post #67

Add an high lat / low lat like switch to the map :P

?????

May 22 2008, 4:30 pm The Starport Post #68

That's not a bad idea, actually.

None.

May 22 2008, 4:33 pm Falkoner Post #69

Is the system based off of a count-down of death counts? Then it would be easy to implement, just change how high or low it is reset to after it checks.

None.

May 22 2008, 5:34 pm The Starport Post #70

Well it's not that simple, but close. The movement detection needs to wait certain amounts of time to correctly determine if a projectile moves or not. Slow it down, and projectiles won't get to leave the Starports.

I'd need to add extra triggering to accommodate that, in other words.

None.

May 22 2008, 5:48 pm Falkoner Post #71

Well, as long as it's not too hard, it could make the map a lot better.

None.

May 22 2008, 5:57 pm The Starport Post #72

Well I don't know about that either. I actually did try tightening up the hit detection, and what I found was that projectiles couldn't get to "pierce" large object chunks as well, which in effect meant that only half of the hit radius of a projectile damages surrounding units, and thus it takes twice as many shots to hit large objects to the same effect.

Of course, I could just have rebalanced the difficulty of levels to accommodate that, too. But I got lazy. :P

None.

May 22 2008, 6:29 pm Falkoner Post #73

Meh, whatever, I don't mind too much, but what I do mind is how BattleCruisers are so slow that sometimes they are removed as soon as you create them. Maybe give them a bit more delay?

None.

May 22 2008, 6:59 pm The Starport Post #74

Yeah, I could increase their delay, but I can't really do anything about their speed. At least they're powerful enough to compensate for their sluggishness, though, I hope.

None.

May 22 2008, 7:04 pm Falkoner Post #75

Well, I use them, like on the Leroy Jenkins level they're great to get some extra minerals, but the Numa Numa level thwarts me every time in 1-player, the units are too separated for one player to beat!

None.

May 22 2008, 7:09 pm The Starport Post #76

Hmm. I'll have to replay that level to see if my balance adjustments messed it up. Later, though. I did manage to beat it with Science Vessels and BCs, though.

None.

May 22 2008, 7:10 pm Falkoner Post #77

Really? I've kept on trying to beat it, but I can't seem to get it, the BCs just don't knock out enough to make them worth it, and I don't get enough money to make enough science vessels :(

None.

May 22 2008, 7:12 pm The Starport Post #78

Um, if you have BCs then you should have the tech for Sci Ves as well. Or do you mean gas?

Well, just build as many starports as humanly possible. :P I'll replay the level again and see what I can do to adjust its difficulty.

None.

May 22 2008, 7:14 pm Falkoner Post #79

Yeah, I meant gas, and I had 5 Starports by that time... It's not so hard multiplayer, just when your playing solo, in fact, it's an easier level in multi-player.

None.

May 26 2008, 12:30 am close.ads Post #80

Just download and played it...quite a good map, but I feel like this is probably not half as good as Rush...

and lol never knew someone as great as Tux goes on 4chan! A great map is great!

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 >
  Back to forum