May 12 2008, 9:57 pm
By: fritfrat
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 7 >

May 15 2009, 8:17 am fritfrat Post #81

Easy fixes, already done:
Auction Bug.
Chance- gain 150 message.
Mortgaging Tennessee

The cosmetics you listed are already on my to do list.. I really need to get to those x.x

Roll doubles, send back to jail- the triggers look fine for this.. there's a trigger to reset the counter if you bring 0 men to jail:in jail, which would happen if you rolled out just to be sent right back in. I'll leave this be unless you confirm it's not working.

Stuff I will add:
Add to all build triggers the requirement of no mortgaged properties. I can't believe I missed that.
More auction intervals, less frozen times for the auctions. The only purpose of freezing and clicking is to prevent accidental bids.. we''l see how much better the edits make it if any further action needs to be taken. Or, what would you think of having two "raise 10" and "raise 30" units instead of just one civilian, and having the minimap show the current going price instead of the next one?
Random player goes first.

And finally, the advance token thing.. I would think it weird for the card to have you move all the way around go to end up a few spaces back of where you were at 2 of the 3 chance locations. The card is bugged for not charging double rent, which needs to be fixed, but I think the movement does it in the way that makes most sense.

Great, great information, killer. Thanks a lot; I hope to implement these fixes and get them uploaded as soon as possible.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 16 2009, 3:35 am by fritfrat.

None.

May 16 2009, 12:41 am killer_sss Post #82

sounds great and will continue testing as i luv monopoly. Would like to see the current going price for bidding and the raising civs as you suggested. I think that would work best.

the problem i have with the rail cards is if you land on that first chance you get to buy the rail for free or make money buy passing go and payign very little rent. I will continue looking for some confirmation on the specific ruling for that card. Its very annoying atm but i can deal with it i guess.

i'm sorry about my first not impressed comment i'm just not a big fan of on screen msgs and the msgs for first controling what you need to do get pushed off screen or ignored so easily which is why i love that you have almost everything else labled with units of somekind. I really liked this but have yet to get a nice game going.

Most of the time people leave it it ends up being an auction fest which gets really annoying because all your strategy goes out the window and really leaves you in a bind. I guess for a good game need to get a group together. If you would like to play sometime or anyone else i would love to set up some games.

the doubles jail thing may be part of my imagination and i totally understand you not trying to fix something that looks like its working and may be working. I will try to confirm its just hard to keep track of stuff when people go so fast and theres so many parts to each turn.

This is all for now i will prolly edit this after i get thru some more testing tonight but well see if there are any other comments and then i will most likely put in new post if there is any.

None.

May 16 2009, 5:06 am DevliN Post #83

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Just noticed an interesting "bug" when going through the map in single player. I was sent to jail, rolled to get out, didn't get it, and ended my turn. On my next turn, I paid my way out and rolled, but my ore remained at 1500 and though my unit moved, the dice were blank. Not sure why that would happen, since the dice displays are the triggers that then lead to the actual movement, but I thought it was odd. I wish I saved a replay of it, but I was just showing a friend all the progress that had been made on the map since it's conception so many years ago,a nd wasn't really attempting to find anything.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

May 16 2009, 5:32 am fritfrat Post #84

All of these edits have been implemented, except for the auction bidding. No matter how many edits I make there are always new waves of bugs, it seems :P Killer, the roller was frozen in your game because someone was in trade; I'm adding that to the cosmetics to point that out if someone is in trade for a long time like that. I'm not releasing yet because I want to fix a broodling bug I came across a while ago.. I'll post a new version tomorrow.
DevliN, I just played a single player game, replicated what you described, and it worked fine.. lets just see if we run into again :)

None.

May 16 2009, 7:26 am killer_sss Post #85

i found small bug and had a good game of three people lol. the broodling or virginia doesn't go to 50% hp when mortgaged. i only got to play 1 game because of some idiot friends screwin arround with me so we didn't start 1 till late.

None.

May 18 2009, 6:06 am killer_sss Post #86

ok new bugs to report
chance completely quit working and purple went bankrupt and instead of selling everything he just declared bankruptcy and the ouse didn't sell so teal couldn't buy hotels eventually.

Things to check on:
would be fixing the bancruptcy when declared kill all houses for current player and when a player declares bankruptcy he is still forced to sell houses to the bank and recieve half the money so he can pay the oposing player even if he could pay and chooses instead to be bankrupt Teal unfortunately did not recieve this cash and the house caused him hotel problems later.

heres the replay

Attachments:
Chance bug and house bug.rep
Hits: 1 Size: 229.87kb

None.

May 19 2009, 12:47 am fritfrat Post #87

That was actually the first test of the house-cash-in system, which is kind of bad, I guess.. I believe I fixed it and I also added a fallback to remove the houses, also fixing an unobserved bug with not replacing the crystals if someone left. I still can't figure out the broodling bug..
New version is uploaded. I leave on Friday for vacation for the rest of May, so I will be sending the most recent version to DevliN then to work on. This is taking much longer than expected, but especially since there already is a mediocre monopoly map out there, it will be definitely worth it to perfect this as much as possible.
Note that the attacking crystals thing still isn't fixed, and nothing else is added, but it should fix most (hopefully all) the bugs brought up recently. If everything starts to actually work I can get on to new stuff :)

EDIT: Attachment removed.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on May 19 2009, 8:44 am by fritfrat.

None.

May 19 2009, 12:59 am killer_sss Post #88

Quote from fritfrat
That was actually the first test of the house-cash-in system, which is kind of bad, I guess.. I believe I fixed it and I also added a fallback to remove the houses, also fixing an unobserved bug with not replacing the crystals if someone left. I still can't figure out the broodling bug..
New version is uploaded. I leave on Friday for vacation for the rest of May, so I will be sending the most recent version to DevliN then to work on. This is taking much longer than expected, but especially since there already is a mediocre monopoly map out there, it will be definitely worth it to perfect this as much as possible.

ok sounds good. Ran across a turn glitch bug the civ was not given to next player after someone left. instead it was given to white which effectively ended the game for us. everything seems to be going good and glad your working as hard as you can.

also if you get some time i'm in some dire need of help for my risk game. I have no good way to show how many men are on each country from mini map and its ticking me off. shoot me a pm if you come up with an idea thnx.

Attachments:
turn bug glitch.rep
Hits: 0 Size: 216.05kb

None.

May 19 2009, 1:25 am Norm Post #89

At least my "Mediocre" Monopoly map didn't have a million bugs...

None.

May 19 2009, 1:31 am fritfrat Post #90

It's amazing how things don't always work when you actually try to do complex things in your map instead of making the game worse to avoid it..

None.

May 19 2009, 1:40 am Norm Post #91

It's okay man, I know you're upset because I popped out a monopoly map over the course of 2 months stealing your position as first person to ever recreate monopoly on SC. It's not a big deal though, because board game maps are sooo last month, and this month War Strategy maps are the in thing.

None.

May 19 2009, 1:40 am Impeached Post #92

You'll get past the bugs.

None.

May 19 2009, 2:07 am ForTheSwarm Post #93

Quote from Norm
It's okay man, I know you're upset because I popped out a monopoly map over the course of 2 months stealing your position as first person to ever recreate monopoly on SC. It's not a big deal though, because board game maps are sooo last month, and this month War Strategy maps are the in thing.

Yeah, because obviously Norm gets to decide what the "in" thing is each month. :rolleyes:

None.

May 19 2009, 2:23 am Pigy_G Post #94

I tried norms. It sucked. Keep it up fritfrat, Quality > Quanity.

None.

May 19 2009, 3:30 am DevliN Post #95

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Norm
Actually, I think you were second. I remember when I started this one, there were like 2 other people starting them as well. I heard one person finished it, though.

And to be honest, had Frit or I gone for the type of Monopoly you made, I would have finished it years ago myself. So how about you get off your high horse and move on?

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

May 19 2009, 7:01 am killer_sss Post #96

another break check this and the above post of mine both have problems with the civ going to the white player. This one was caused by misplaced hotel tokens for some strange reason.

Attachments:
Game breakin after leavers.rep
Hits: 0 Size: 233.31kb

None.

May 19 2009, 8:44 am fritfrat Post #97

Uploaded a new version. I don't know why the p7 civv is still an issue, but I added a fallback to just give it to player 1 if the whole conserve-whos-turn system breaks down. It seems as though a good majority of the issues have to do with players leaving, so if anyone is around tomorrow that could do some specific testing with players leaving with me, that would be greatly appreciated. I seem to be adding a lot of fallbacks, recently..
I still don't know what to do about the attackable crystals, and I found that setting broodling health to 50% when mortgaged was what was killing it.. I guess broodling just won't have decreased health. Thanks everyone for your support and help!

EDIT: Removed.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 20 2009, 6:15 am by fritfrat.

None.

May 19 2009, 10:42 am killer_sss Post #98

well i can do some testing with you shoot me apm here or a msg on bnet hopefulyl ill be arround guess it depends on what time. my name is same on bnet as here. as for broodling is there another unit u can use in place of it?

None.

May 20 2009, 6:18 am fritfrat Post #99

Updated version. First test run without any visible bugs! Excluding that the chance card to advance to the nearest railroad still doesn't pay double rent, you still attack crystals, and mortgaging Virginia can't change hit points without making the broodling die. I'm not quite sure what to do with the last 2 issues I just mentioned, still, but I'll figure something out.
I added pings to the starts of auctions and warnings when bidding in debt. I'll hopefully be able to send the map to DevliN to finish up and make all pretty by tomorrow night :)

EDIT: Removed.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 20 2009, 9:03 pm by fritfrat.

None.

May 20 2009, 4:16 pm Wormer Post #100

Wow! It's cool! Most likely I don't understand something but why can't you simply give crystals to Player 12?

Some.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 7 >
  Back to forum