Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: My Sister Plays WoW
My Sister Plays WoW
Apr 23 2008, 7:09 am
By: candle12345
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 >

Apr 25 2008, 6:30 am Echo Post #61

No. You need to find bigger things to worry about. What is the point of wondering about shit like this if it isn't as big as your sister dating someone. Unless she has some serious addiction problem and you have a serious real problem, you leave.

None.

Apr 25 2008, 6:34 am candle12345 Post #62

There we go.

WoW is addictive, I know, I play it, and gaming is very bad for ones social skills, I know this also from experience, while I enjoy gaming, I know it's consequences, and I do it anyway, have you been reading any of this? She's 7, and playing an MMO.

You have a serious trolling problem, you're a dickhead, now stop singling me out and flaming me.

Seriously EcHo, leave me alone, as of now, you are 100% ignored, so scream as many obscenities as you like, I'm done listening to your verbal shit.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 25 2008, 6:41 am by candle12345.

None.

Apr 25 2008, 6:35 am KrayZee Post #63

Quote from Echo
No. You need to find bigger things to worry about. What is the point of wondering about shit like this if it isn't as big as your sister dating someone. Unless she has some serious addiction problem and you have a serious real problem, you leave.
He can't actually leave his own topic if he started the discussion to ask for some advice to rid his sister's addiction.

None.

Apr 25 2008, 6:50 am EzDay281 Post #64

He can't actually leave his own topic if he started the discussion to ask for some advice to rid his sister's addiction.
The implication was that Candle was wrong to post this thread in the first place.

Well, you could always try to manipulate the addiction. It is, in significant part, through videogames that I derived my original inspiration in 'getting into' drawing, math, and literature, and especially, eventually, programming. I've learned, relative to my previous knowledge base, a lot about how things work internally, on computers, through playing/mapping/reading about/modding StarCraft and Diablo II.
But then again, my response to the situation is based on my similar agreement with other posters; I've no qualms with the idea of gaming at an early age. ;P

None.

Apr 25 2008, 6:55 am candle12345 Post #65

Well my main worry of the whole thing is the people in the intertubes, I'm sure she'll get over WoW on her own, if she doesn't whatever, but the fact that she's 7 and talking to people everywhere... I'm just a worried sibling, but I guess that's not allowed, I'll just reject my family and eventually go to my school with an assault rifle.

None.

Apr 25 2008, 6:59 am Echo Post #66

Quote from candle12345
Well my main worry of the whole thing is the people in the intertubes, I'm sure she'll get over WoW on her own, if she doesn't whatever, but the fact that she's 7 and talking to people everywhere... I'm just a worried sibling, but I guess that's not allowed, I'll just reject my family and eventually go to my school with an assault rifle.
Yeah you go do that.
You're fucking 15.
Welcome to the real world though. You can't prevent anything with NO ACTUAL ACTIONS.

None.

Apr 25 2008, 1:53 pm Moose Post #67

We live in a society.

I don't think the problem is so much her playing WoW as it is your reaction to it.
If she stops playing WoW, it has to be because she herself has made a conscious decision that it isn't what she should be doing.
Let me be clear: I'm not suggesting that you don't even bother trying, but rather that there's no point in beating yourself up over it.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Apr 25 2008, 2:01 pm by Mini Moose 2707.

Apr 25 2008, 7:56 pm Paravin. Post #68

Get her a boyfriend. She'll be addicted to buttsecks and forget WoW.

None.

Apr 26 2008, 12:55 am Moogle Post #69

Predator of Bed Chambers

@Paravin, so wrong.

My niece is 6 years old and already wants to play WoW so in the end Candle not much that can be done. Not like I really care about it, if she wants to game she can.

In the end were only human, if something looks good we will be or have an addiction to it.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 26 2008, 1:31 am by Moogle.

If all else fails, crowbar the fucker

Apr 26 2008, 1:18 am Riney Post #70

Thigh high affectionado

Ok whats with all the little kids joining the internet! D:<

I remmeber when everyone was 14+, NOW I CAN SAY DIFFERENTLY!

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Apr 26 2008, 6:21 pm KrayZee Post #71

candle, if you can't beat em, join em.

None.

Apr 26 2008, 6:29 pm MadZombie Post #72

candle you know what? its not worth it man. Wow has taken lives already and i mean if u do get your sister off of it i think she'd like... relapse or somethign :)

None.

Apr 26 2008, 6:33 pm KrayZee Post #73

Show her the episode from South Park "Make Love, not WarCraft" episode. Later in the episode, she'll see how bad their health is.

None.

Apr 26 2008, 8:28 pm BiOAtK Post #74

WoW is the cancer that is killing your family. You are the cancer that is killing /b/. /b/ is the cancer that is killing the internet. The internet is the cancer that is killing humanity. Humanity is the cancer that is killing the earth.
YOUR FAMILY IS KILLING THE EARTH!!1

None.

Apr 26 2008, 9:18 pm Symmetry Post #75

Dungeon Master

Quote from Anonymous
WoW is the cancer that is killing your family. You are the cancer that is killing /b/. /b/ is the cancer that is killing the internet. The internet is the cancer that is killing humanity. Humanity is the cancer that is killing the earth.

a) Nowhere there did you actually say (or even imply) that his family was killing anything.
b) The transitive property doesn't apply in this case; if a is killing b who is killing c, a is preventing b from killing c, and therefore actually helping c.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Apr 26 2008, 9:30 pm rockz Post #76

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from Anonymous
Hai newfag. /a/ is <- that way. Why'd you give up your old name, noble?

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Apr 26 2008, 10:25 pm Kow Post #77

Quote from candle12345
WoW is addictive, I know, I play it, and gaming is very bad for ones social skills, I know this also from experience, while I enjoy gaming, I know it's consequences, and I do it anyway, have you been reading any of this? She's 7, and playing an MMO..
I don't know about that. Playing WoW actually increased my social skills, as in my ability to talk and form ideas to be put in a spoken way. Before I would always just mess up words, and since I played that (since I was always talking to my guildmates), my speaking skills increased. Now since I've stopped playing, I dont talk to people as much, and it's going back down again.

None.

Apr 26 2008, 11:46 pm Riney Post #78

Thigh high affectionado

Now Now, /b/ Isnt killing the internet. /b/ Preserves :D

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Apr 27 2008, 12:35 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #79

Just here for the activity... well not really

JUST KILL HER NOW.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):