Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Melted Ice And Tar-To-Compound
Melted Ice And Tar-To-Compound
Sep 6 2007, 6:07 am
By: dark_templar_99
Pages: < 1 2 3

Sep 11 2007, 3:08 am Jello-Jigglers Post #41

Hey Rawr, will you please stop talking!? you are bugging the world! and if your gonna swear, don't think i(and others) didn't report you ^^. so really if you want to get kicked off the sight, please keep going because I would sure love to see you gone ;)

Quote from the Terms and Agreements when you signed up
Inappropriate Language
Want to swear? Go ahead, just don't swear directly at others. Do not swear in excess, this is a StarCraft website, not a Chris Rock standup show.

As for something that really matters, if you are going to critique something make sure you know what the heck you are talking about because its so ridiculous having someone judge your work and they don't even do terrain... It makes no sense whatsoever because certain things look easy when they really aren't :) So do your homework before you talk :D

None.

Oct 28 2007, 2:19 am kecos Post #42

How did you do the ice to water one? That's amazing o.o
Edit:Nevermind, I think I have it figured out.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 28 2007, 2:29 am by kecos.

None.

Nov 9 2007, 10:41 pm Fisty Post #43

I love them both...I really like action shots though too as they capture what its like ingame...or are you trying to cover up some blocks? lol jk keep up the good work.

None.

Dec 23 2007, 10:20 pm dark_templar_99 Post #44

Quote from Deathman101
I love them both...I really like action shots though too as they capture what its like ingame...or are you trying to cover up some blocks? lol jk keep up the good work.
I didnt cover anything with the units. I finished the terrain and i wanted to add a unit or 2, then it turned into 5 units and before i knew it i made a whole scene on top of the terrain.

None.

Dec 31 2007, 10:25 am Ryan Post #45

I don't see what's so great about the Compound to Tar piece, just looks like the Bridge to Water platform on Jungle terrain. But the melting ice is pretty interesting, I've never seen that before. God job with your terrain though, DT.

None.

Jan 1 2008, 12:27 pm LemonFang Post #46

Very smexy. go DT!

None.

Jan 1 2008, 3:53 pm Falkoner Post #47

just looks like the Bridge to Water platform on Jungle terrain
But the thing is, this isn't jungle terrain, that's why it's impressive, you can't normally do that.

None.

Mar 1 2008, 7:36 pm Soul)WuZ Post #48

tar is the best but ice is just...weird
and how did ya get the units on tar?

None.

Mar 1 2008, 7:44 pm Falkoner Post #49

Nice reviving a dead topic, but walkable null tiles allow you to put units on the tar

None.

Mar 2 2008, 12:05 am Soul)WuZ Post #50

k thx

None.

Mar 7 2008, 1:04 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #51

Just here for the activity... well not really

Sorry to re-revive this, but he probably used sprites, or unit sprites.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Mar 7 2008, 1:43 am FooFighters Post #52

well, do you know that for sure, i heard about these "Walkable Null Tiles" and i've seen em before, in this weird bound thing where u dont want to get sucked into black holes "Spore colonys" and die... so, unless he tells u about using sprites... then we dont know for sure

None.

Mar 7 2008, 2:31 am Ryan Post #53

Nevermind. They're the two tiles located to the right of the creep tiles in the tileset index. Tile tile tile.

None.

Mar 7 2008, 4:32 am stickynote Post #54

YOu can't walk directly on them; you have to drop a unit there with a shuttle or use a move unit trigger. I think you can also recall a unit there.

None.

Mar 7 2008, 8:15 am Ryan Post #55

Yes, they can be preplaced there as well.

None.

Mar 14 2008, 8:20 pm dark_templar_99 Post #56

They are all sprites. I could have placed null tiles and real units, but this screenshot was taken in the editor and the units are for effect not functionality.

And yes, the normal "ground" tiles could be blended normally, but i did this really fast and its a bit sloppy in parts.

None.

Mar 24 2008, 1:12 am MNeox Post #57

Quote from stickynote
YOu can't walk directly on them; you have to drop a unit there with a shuttle or use a move unit trigger. I think you can also recall a unit there.

you can also create on null ^^

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum