Melted Ice And Tar-To-Compound
Sep 6 2007, 6:07 am
By: dark_templar_99
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Sep 8 2007, 5:09 am blacklight28 Post #21

Dude, your melted ice is awesome!

None.

Sep 8 2007, 1:10 pm spinesheath Post #22

You really should do the plain water/plain sand dunes etc. properly. Just use SCMD2 in rectangular mode for that. That would improve it a lot without being hard to do. Still great, though :)

None.

Sep 8 2007, 1:15 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #23

Quote from Falkoner
It is less limited than Twilight in my opinion, as it has a lot of the same blends except they go together much easily, you should try a little yourself.

Haha ok Ill give it a spin :)

Quote from spinesheath
You really should do the plain water/plain sand dunes etc. properly. Just use SCMD2 in rectangular mode for that. That would improve it a lot without being hard to do. Still great, though :)
What are you talking about.... if those are the only things that stand out to you, you might want to get a neuro test to make sure everything is clicking upstairs :lol:

None.

Sep 8 2007, 4:24 pm spinesheath Post #24

Quote from Jello-Jigglers
What are you talking about.... if those are the only things that stand out to you, you might want to get a neuro test to make sure everything is clicking upstairs :lol:
1) should I really mention the stuff that has already been mentioned?
2) when things are as easy to fix as this, it's a shame not to fix them.

None.

Sep 8 2007, 5:10 pm Rawr Post #25

I don't get it. How is this "omgwtfamazing!" ? Alot of it is just Isom that he went back and added a couple tiles to too make it look more blocky. xP

None.

Sep 8 2007, 8:41 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #26

Quote from spinesheath
Haha alright fair enough. Good point :)

None.

Sep 8 2007, 11:55 pm Falkoner Post #27

I don't get it. How is this "omgwtfamazing!" ? Alot of it is just Isom that he went back and added a couple tiles to too make it look more blocky. xP

You really have no idea about terrain, do you? The reason everyone likes it is because there is no compound to tar transition, he used bridge tiles to do that.

And the ice is special because normally it is dirt to water, not ice to water, actual look at the terrain before you post about how bad it looks next time.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 9 2007, 12:12 am by Falkoner.

None.

Sep 9 2007, 12:08 am MNeox Post #28

cool, they're both great. I thought it was something new at first, but they were repost.Still great ideas.

None.

Sep 9 2007, 1:28 am dark_templar_99 Post #29

Quote from spinesheath
Haha alright fair enough. Good point :)
Yes, Thats a good point. I dont think i have the original map that i used to make the terrain though, like i said before these images of the terrain were saved almost a year ago. I could remake the terrain and see if i can come up with more. I think i'll start working on some new dessert stuff.

None.

Sep 9 2007, 2:01 am Zell. Post #30

I didn't know that you couldn't do ice to water. Shame on me. good job :)

None.

Sep 9 2007, 2:06 am WoAHorde Post #31

These are some very excellent terrain pieces. I wish you luck in your future efforts.

None.

Sep 10 2007, 5:14 am Rawk_Flare Post #32

Wow, those are pretty sweet.

None.

Sep 10 2007, 6:42 pm DaMiNaToR Post #33

Its... beautiful... :-(

I like how you captured some action shots in the second one. And the Zerg crawling around in the tar.

None.

Sep 10 2007, 8:22 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #34

Quote from DaMiNaToR
Its... beautiful... :-(

I like how you captured some action shots in the second one. And the Zerg crawling around in the tar.

Yeah it kinda puts a whole new element to terrain and makes it more than just landscapes. :) It is implementing the next stage which would be using the terrain in an actual starcraft setting. Good work! :D

None.

Sep 10 2007, 8:30 pm dark_templar_99 Post #35

Thanks. I wish zerg could really move around in tar. that would be cool.

None.

Sep 10 2007, 11:35 pm Rawr Post #36

[color=#336699]Falkoner, Just because it's a "new transition that nobodies done before!" doesn't make it "omgistantamazing!" It doesn't blend therefore it sucks, and what I mean by that is... his blend doesn't render and he used it so many fucking times it just makes it look like shit(the ice to water blend).

By the way falkoner, think before you post. Nobody likes a kid who says other people can't have opinions.

None.

Sep 10 2007, 11:35 pm Rawr Post #37

M
K

Falkoner, Just because it's a "new transition that nobodies done before!" doesn't make it "omgistantamazing!" It doesn't blend therefore it sucks, and what I mean by that is... his blend doesn't render and he used it so many fucking times it just makes it look like shit(the ice to water blend). By the way falkoner, think before you post. Nobody likes a kid who says other people can't have opinions.
[color=#336699]Falkoner, Just because it's a "new transition that nobodies done before!" doesn't make it "omgistantamazing!" It doesn't blend therefore it sucks, and what I mean by that is... his blend doesn't render and he used it so many fucking times it just makes it look like shit(the ice to water blend).

By the way falkoner, think before you post. Nobody likes a kid who says other people can't have opinions.

None.

Sep 10 2007, 11:36 pm Rawr Post #38

omgwtf like triple post? wtfhappened there xP

None.

Sep 11 2007, 1:25 am purple100 Post #39

Strange glitch in the system. Looks like it put your minerals and karma in there too. I would report that to somebody, maybe.

None.

Sep 11 2007, 1:28 am Falkoner Post #40

Rawr, try doing some terrain yourself, post it and let me critique the crap out of it, try something before you come in and start dissing it.

I don't even see what you mean, you said it looks really bad, and the compounds looks anything but bad, there are no blocks on the whole thing other than on the edges. And the ice, while blocky, could be slightly fixed, but it still looks just fine overall.

Just go and try to make a new blend for yourself before you start telling other peoples' that they suck, and you'll realize why everyone thinks it is so good.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum