Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Visual Effects List
Visual Effects List
Apr 6 2008, 1:57 am
By: lil-Inferno
Pages: < 1 2 3 45 >

Apr 10 2008, 11:06 am Hug A Zergling Post #21

Nah, leave that for a nother thread. And if this isn't suppose to go in Terran, where is it suppose to go?

None.

Apr 10 2008, 10:51 pm stickynote Post #22

He already said that it is to help suppliment the terrain forum, I guess so more people visit it.

None.

Apr 10 2008, 10:52 pm Vi3t-X Post #23

That makes... a little sense I suppose...

None.

Apr 10 2008, 10:54 pm stickynote Post #24

It can also be used to cover up ugly terrain ;)

None.

Apr 10 2008, 11:05 pm lil-Inferno Post #25

Just here for the pie

It's mainly to make unique terrain, a good example of a unique place by combining visual effects and terrain is this by qPirateKing:

I also advise all of you Terrain Ladder people to make unique pieces, they are better than just heavily doodaded and extended pieces :wink: .

Apr 10 2008, 11:06 pm lil-Inferno Post #26

Just here for the pie

EDIT: Double post :oops: .

Apr 11 2008, 12:20 am frazz Post #27

Quote from Hug A Zergling
Nah, leave that for a nother thread. And if this isn't suppose to go in Terran, where is it suppose to go?
UMS. These could mostly only be used in UMS anyway.

None.

Apr 21 2008, 6:33 pm Zergblender Post #28

Quote from lil-Inferno
It's mainly to make unique terrain, a good example of a unique place by combining visual effects and terrain is this by qPirateKing:

I also advise all of you Terrain Ladder people to make unique pieces, they are better than just heavily doodaded and extended pieces :wink: .
wow, what map is that?

None.

Apr 21 2008, 9:42 pm payne Post #29

:payne:

Isn't it the one from QPirate? (If we exclude Deep Blue RPG and LoH)

None.

Apr 21 2008, 9:49 pm lil-Inferno Post #30

Just here for the pie

Quote from payne
Isn't it the one from QPirate? (If we exclude Deep Blue RPG and LoH)
Yes, I said it was from him :O . I'm not sure from what map, however.

Apr 21 2008, 11:13 pm Vi3t-X Post #31

I found this out incidentally when screwing around. When a zerg structure is mutating, and given to P12, it stops mutating and stays there in "Permanent Mutation"
So it looks like an animated morphing zerg structure that will never stop.

None.

Apr 21 2008, 11:20 pm lil-Inferno Post #32

Just here for the pie

Quote from Vi3t-X
I found this out incidentally when screwing around. When a zerg structure is mutating, and given to P12, it stops mutating and stays there in "Permanent Mutation"
Nice find, but what should I call it in the list?

Mutating Zerg Structure given to P12- Permament Mutation.

Apr 21 2008, 11:33 pm Vi3t-X Post #33

I guess so. Im gonna try this with various other structures too.
...brb?

None.

Apr 22 2008, 2:44 am Falkoner Post #34

Whoa, when I pasted that, my computer like forgot to erase the old stuff in memory so I pasted a bunch of crap. Cool!

Anyway, sweet concept :P I like it. :)

None.

Apr 25 2008, 1:47 pm Pigy_G Post #35

Does that concept of permanent mutations work for protoss structures?

None.

Apr 25 2008, 5:46 pm stickynote Post #36

Just test it yourself.

None.

Apr 30 2008, 3:47 am Vi3t-X Post #37

UPDATE (yea its been long)

Zerg Structures when constructed and given to P12 have an 80% chance of staying in permanent mutation (from collaborated tests).
Zerg Structures when constructed by human, and human leaving has a 30-40% chance of staying in permanent mutation
Protoss Structures when constructed and given to P12 will NOT stay in permanent warp rift *sigh*
Terran Structures when constructed do not need to be given to P12, but rather by calculating the time it takes to construct that certain structure, you can accurately measure what "stage" of construction the structure will be in

^^

None.

Apr 30 2008, 3:54 am Vi3t-X Post #38

Ooh, another thing, which is strangely not listed...!?

> Invisible Bunkers
> Etheral Bunkers
> Pylonless Structures
> SCV Repairing a structure (Structure takes xxxxxxx time to build) gradually set building health up.
> "Blue" Protoss Structures (Warping Phase)
> Stacked Units!?

None.

Apr 30 2008, 3:59 am stickynote Post #39

Quote from Vi3t-X
UPDATE (yea its been long)

Zerg Structures when constructed and given to P12 have an 80% chance of staying in permanent mutation (from collaborated tests).
Zerg Structures when constructed by human, and human leaving has a 30-40% chance of staying in permanent mutation
Protoss Structures when constructed and given to P12 will NOT stay in permanent warp rift *sigh*
Terran Structures when constructed do not need to be given to P12, but rather by calculating the time it takes to construct that certain structure, you can accurately measure what "stage" of construction the structure will be in

^^
What do you mean by the terran structures one? Do you mean that you enable at a certain time?

None.

Apr 30 2008, 4:04 am Vi3t-X Post #40

Lets say you have generic building stats. When the building reaches say 200HP, it transforms to the next "Stage" of development. By removing the scv, you can halt construction permanently and have a "forever thing there" structure.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 45 >
  Back to forum