Staredit Network > Forums > Portal News > Topic: Static Maplantis
Static Maplantis
Mar 24 2008, 6:04 pm
By: mikelat
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Mar 24 2008, 10:25 pm Aster Post #41

It's not shutting down soon; he said a couple months.

None.

Mar 24 2008, 10:25 pm mikelat Post #42

Quote from Falkoner
Yeah, but if that is shutting down soon, I'll lose the forums, and what if I later want to go back and something out?
IP might merge the topics and posts into here, and we'll more than likely replace everything from there with new stuff here.

Also, it wont be lost forever, i'll always have a copy.

None.

Mar 24 2008, 10:48 pm Praetor Post #43

layin' in the cut

im so sad ;( ;( for real
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
i think maplantis was a pretty cool guy, eh had forums and DOESNT AFRAID OF ANYTHING
but then he became an hero

RIP
Maplantis
March 23 2008

this too shall pass

Mar 24 2008, 10:49 pm Forsaken Archer Post #44

I'm thinking the script will work like this: You enter a topic ID of a specific topic you want to import. It will check each member on that topic to see if it has a corresponding sen member. If it's all good, it will do a little tweaking of the post (replace [center] with [align=center ], etc) and create it. If someone's missing, we can try to find a sen user match by looking for exact emails and user name/ip matches. Otherwise, maybe we'd make an account for them.

None.

Mar 24 2008, 10:51 pm Centreri Post #45

Relatively ancient and inactive

Why would you make the account? I'd just ignore that post.

None.

Mar 24 2008, 10:53 pm Moose Post #46

We live in a society.

Why is there a need to shut down the static copy anyway? ;o

Mar 24 2008, 11:23 pm mikelat Post #47

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Why is there a need to shut down the static copy anyway? ;o
I didn't think we'd need it for all that time.

None.

Mar 24 2008, 11:37 pm FatalException Post #48

Why is everyone who went to Maplantis so upset? It's just like it used to be around here... Sort of...
Quote from Tuxedo-Templar
Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Quote from LegacyWeapon
I wish someone emailed me or something.
Don't feel bad, nobody told me that protecting my maps was pissing them off either.
[/ASSHOLE!]
Zing?
Indeed! :P

None.

Mar 24 2008, 11:44 pm Aster Post #49

Why is everyone who went to Maplantis so upset? It's just like it used to be around here... Sort of...

It's not really the same as it used to be, for the simple fact that a lot of the people who made it fun are gone.
Not saying it's worse. Just not the same.

None.

Mar 24 2008, 11:52 pm mikelat Post #50

Quote from Aster

It's not really the same as it used to be, for the simple fact that a lot of the people who made it fun are gone.
I MAKE THINGS FUN *juggles*

People come and go all the time. It's the nature of forums.

None.

Mar 25 2008, 12:07 am LoveLess Post #51

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from Praetor
RIP
Maplantis
March 23 2008
Let us all take a moment of silence.

None.

Mar 25 2008, 12:56 am Forsaken Archer Post #52

who left? :-(

None.

Mar 25 2008, 1:29 am A_of-s_t Post #53

aka idmontie

Quote from Praetor
im so sad ;( ;( for real
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
i think maplantis was a pretty cool guy, eh had forums and DOESNT AFRAID OF ANYTHING
but then he became an hero

RIP
Maplantis
March 23 2008
OMG!!!!!!!!

TWENTY THREE!!! Its everywhere!

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Mar 25 2008, 1:33 am The Starport Post #54

Quote from Aster

I'm not fun?

None.

Mar 25 2008, 3:08 am MindArchon Post #55

Fix the files section please.

None.

Mar 25 2008, 3:32 am Laura.47 Post #56

I'm not sure if this has been answered, but I can assume there will be no file transfer, right? In that case, time to reupload all of my old maps.

None.

Mar 25 2008, 3:53 am modmaster50 Post #57

Quote from Yoshi
Quote from Falkoner
Dang... Would it be possible to transfer it in some way?
Why would you want it though, is my question. You can grab what you want from the static maplantis.

Well, all of those great memories are still there. Its not possible to grab everything.

Quote from Praetor
RIP
Maplantis
March 23 2008
:-(

None.

Mar 25 2008, 3:57 am candle12345 Post #58

It's not dead, it's merged with SEN.
Just because some people are obsessed with it and won't let go to form the exact same community back here doesn't mean it's dead.
We're accepting you guys with open arms, as always, but a lot of you just bugger off :(

None.

Mar 25 2008, 4:35 am mikelat Post #59

Quote from Laura.47
I'm not sure if this has been answered, but I can assume there will be no file transfer, right? In that case, time to reupload all of my old maps.
I don't know if we'll ever merge the maps here, but I think it'd be better for you if you just submit them again here. That way your account here has ownership of the file and it only takes a minute or two. You can download your map through the static copy if you lost your map.

None.

Mar 25 2008, 4:41 am Syphon Post #60

Quote from isolatedpurity
I'm thinking the script will work like this: You enter a topic ID of a specific topic you want to import. It will check each member on that topic to see if it has a corresponding sen member. If it's all good, it will do a little tweaking of the post (replace [center] with [align=center ], etc) and create it. If someone's missing, we can try to find a sen user match by looking for exact emails and user name/ip matches. Otherwise, maybe we'd make an account for them.

The wonder of Latova storing unparsed posts, eh? :P

Good luck on user matching regular expressionery. :P

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum