Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: List of Known Bugs/Needed Features
List of Known Bugs/Needed Features
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Mar 24 2008, 1:13 am
By: DevliN
Pages: < 1 « 42 43 44 45 4690 >

Aug 10 2010, 9:12 pm payne Post #861

:payne:

Quote from Aristocrat
Payne, there IS a to-do list. DavidJCobb posted it a while back. A lot of your demands are on there already, and remember that Dev is doing this for free. He has no obligation to listen to everything you say as if you're his boss.
Thanks for the list.
Again, there's two words that justify my list: "A lot".

And tell me, when you do volunteering, are you really allowed to do whatever you want just because you are doing it for free? No. You have a boss which tells you what to do and you have to obey: you went there consciously, knowing you were to have tasks assigned to you and there is no way you'd have an excuse to leave because you aren't satisfied.
I have done a lot of volunteering and it really is just like a job, same responsibilities and etc. though you aren't paid.

None.

Aug 10 2010, 9:14 pm Devourer Post #862

Hello

Details are only important when everything else is working properly.

and for recommendations: I am working like 4-5 hours a day on SEN (which simply is madness already) and everyday fixing serious bug only I noticed, add stuff someone suggested and the like.
You should be ashamed to say that I forget recommendations way too often. If my todo-list is over 50 pages, I'm currently at page 10, just to give ya a page of view how fucking much I have to do.

And I did never say that these are retarded, but they indeed are minor and put on page 51 on my todo-list. You simply underrate how much work SEN is and I do not ignore you, but the better time for coming up with details is when real stuff is done (such as wiki and all that), you think I was lying when saying "Later!"? No, I'm definitely not.

If you feel that I am not fair and that I treat you differently I can simply tell ya that (I think) I've told you this often enough, you are not new to this site but mainly keep reporting tiny things. Others, who are reporting minor things are mainly quite new.

I do not want to get in stress with anyone, I am just doing my job, and I dunno how you see it, but I think I'm doing it well. If not, feel free to complain :-(

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 10 2010, 9:14 pm Aristocrat Post #863

Quote from payne
Thanks for the list.
Again, there's two words that justify my list: "A lot".

Since when is repeating something that's already known justified? It just creates unnecessary clutter. "Okay, we are aware of the bug, WE ARE AWARE OF IT, STOP SENDING STUFF ABOUT IT TO US BECAUSE WE ARE GETTING TO THEM!"

Quote from payne
And tell me, when you do volunteering, are you really allowed to do whatever you want just because you are doing it for free? No. You have a boss which tells you what to do and you have to obey: you went there consciously, knowing you were to have tasks assigned to you and there is no way you'd have an excuse to leave because you aren't satisfied.
I have done a lot of volunteering and it really is just like a job, same responsibilities and etc. though you aren't paid.

You are not Devourer's boss, last time I checked. :P

None.

Aug 10 2010, 9:20 pm Devourer Post #864

Hello

Quote from Aristocrat
Quote from payne

Wait, wait, I completely missed this part. Payne, do you want to tell me that I am not doing enough? Do you want to tell me that I am doing things wrong? Do you want to tell me that "my boss" (which actually is no-one, maybe except for devlin) is/would not be satisfied with my job? Also, believe me, your job is nearly nothing like mine. You can stop at every time (I could as well, but I would feel terrible if I would) and much more important: you are not the only one who is doing that! You got some back-up guys like the staff or others to manage contests and all that, what have I? Seeing it in a realistic way, a bunch of nice people who are simply telling me what to code and giving advice. The actual executing is up to me which is the most work.

Aug 10 2010, 9:31 pm payne Post #865

Quote from Devourer
Quote from Aristocrat
Quote from payne

Wait, wait, I completely missed this part. Payne, do you want to tell me that I am not doing enough? Do you want to tell me that I am doing things wrong? Do you want to tell me that "my boss" (which actually is no-one, maybe except for devlin) is/would not be satisfied with my job? Also, believe me, your job is nearly nothing like mine. You can stop at every time (I could as well, but I would feel terrible if I would) and much more important: you are not the only one who is doing that! You got some back-up guys like the staff or others to manage contests and all that, what have I? Seeing it in a realistic way, a bunch of nice people who are simply telling me what to code and giving advice. The actual executing is up to me which is the most work.
If you read carefully, I believe there isn't place to think the "You have a boss" part was directly addressed to you, Devourer. I was talking about volunteering, not you. :P
My point simply was that it isn't because you are doing this for free that you can do anything you want: if you call it volunteering, then I believe you do have responsibilities, including the one about "doing your best to improve the site".

Basically, all I wanted to make sure of was that you had taken note of my list and could ensure me they'd get done.

Can you ensure me you have a document somewhere that lists everything you have to do on this site and that you update it as soon as something relevant is mentioned?

None.

Aug 10 2010, 9:38 pm Devourer Post #866

Hello

Be quiet payne, seriously. You simply don't get it and do not even think about responding with "get what?" or anything else.
Nevermind, I should stay fair, although you are annoying me. I will take care about these little things once I've done the huge things.

Aug 10 2010, 9:42 pm payne Post #867

Quote from Devourer
Nevermind, I should stay fair, although you are annoying me. I will take care about these little things once I've done the huge things.
That's all I've been waiting for.
Instead of saying "those are just lil crappy details", just say "I ensure you I have them noted down: I'll take care of them. Thanks."
It's as simple as that. ;o

None.

Aug 10 2010, 9:44 pm NudeRaider Post #868

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from payne
doing your best to improve the site
Devo is working hard and well. And your nitpicking is doing nothing except maybe slowing us/him down because of needless discussions.
You are complaining about buttons being off by a few pixels when devo has to fix bugs that could disrupt proper working of SEN, implement new systems, and plan the smooth running of already existing and planned features.

So please cut it for now and let him do his job. When all the major things are done (which won't be anytime soon) we might have need for cosmetic fixes, but not now.

Aug 11 2010, 6:26 pm rockz Post #869

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

please use any image not on the far left (the currently used 11x11 admin.png and 17x17 sc2_nav.png) or pick out any 2 or 3 and I'll crop them for you. The top row is 11x11, the middle row is 17x17, and the bottom row is 16x16. IMO the 11x11 on the far right is the best, and the 16x16 on the far right should be used for both sc2_nav.png and the favicon.

Reason: the filters firefox and most modern browsers use to blur do not work if there is no transparency on the edge, creating a straight line which looks bad.

Also try zooming in on the image to see the lines better.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Aug 11 2010, 7:15 pm poison_us Post #870

Back* from the grave

Rockz: top row, farthest right, and second row, 4th from left. Albeit they all are slightly cut off on the right side, those are the least cropped, imo. Will edit ;)

EDIT: Reworked the image Rockz provided:

Not liking the nubbin on the 17x17, re-doing that one.

EDIT2:
Better, but now the bottom is fugly. Ugh.
Also: http://www.staredit.net/small.php?p=smilies&skin=1
doesn't contain the newest smileys.

Furthermore:

EDIT3:
EDIT4:
And I was just about to give up on the 17x17. So much time wasted...ugh. I went through about 23 different copies, and ofc the one that looks worst on white background looks best on SEN's.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Aug 11 2010, 8:11 pm by Nasus.

Aug 11 2010, 9:42 pm payne Post #871

Code
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/starlite/public_html/scripts/settings/set_nav.php on line 19

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/starlite/public_html/scripts/settings/set_nav.php on line 46

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/starlite/public_html/scripts/settings/set_nav.php:19) in /home/starlite/public_html/display.php on line 109

When you try to submit changes in the Favorites.
... though it still has worked in despite of the error code.

None.

Aug 13 2010, 12:13 am Azrael Post #872

For the Shoutbox:

Make /m have the same functionality as /w. That's how it works in StarCraft, and it's intuitive. Doesn't even need to be listed in the list of shoutbox commands. It's there just if someone prefers, or accidentally uses, /m instead of /w.

Aug 13 2010, 2:13 am payne Post #873

I had around 40 minerals last time I check my profile.
Now that I tried to mess with Attachments and Edited a topic, I have 29 minerals.
I wonder how I lost minerals, really. :S

(I mentioned Attachments and Edit because they are the two actions I suspect of making me lose minerals. Or maybe Devourer gave me -20 minerals? :P)

P.S. I better have at least 40 minerals tomorrow morning so I can play the SEN Games and lose my money like an addicted noob. :flamer: >:O

None.

Aug 13 2010, 12:30 pm Devourer Post #874

Hello

edits are subtracting or adding minerals, depending on the post length. Attachments got absolutely nothing to do with the minerals.

Aug 13 2010, 4:02 pm payne Post #875

Quote from Devourer
edits are subtracting or adding minerals, depending on the post length.
I significantly increased the post's lenght with the edit, though I lost over 10 minerals. There's something wrong there. ;o

None.

Aug 13 2010, 4:05 pm Aristocrat Post #876

Ironic that payne is gaining minerals right now by posting in this thread.

Could you link to the topic in question?

None.

Aug 13 2010, 4:50 pm payne Post #877

Quote from Aristocrat
Could you link to the topic in question?
http://www.staredit.net/topic/10739/#224142
There ya go! :3

None.

Aug 13 2010, 5:12 pm DevliN Post #878

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

You edited it 49 times? Holy crap. Does the amount of edits affect the minerals gained and/or subtracted?

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 13 2010, 5:16 pm Devourer Post #879

Hello

Oh that bug is now fixed, no?

Aug 13 2010, 5:23 pm payne Post #880

Quote from DevliN
You edited it 49 times? Holy crap. Does the amount of edits affect the minerals gained and/or subtracted?
As I've said in the Staff Lounge, I always keep my OP updated. ;o

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 42 43 44 45 4690 >
  Back to forum