Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: List of Known Bugs/Needed Features
List of Known Bugs/Needed Features
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Mar 24 2008, 1:13 am
By: DevliN
Pages: < 1 « 25 26 27 28 2990 >

Apr 8 2010, 8:15 pm Devourer Post #521

Hello

Quote from Devourer
Quote from Ahli
If I delete my own post myself, I don't want to get a moderation notice.
(Couldn't you delete your own post yourself before, if you were fast enough? I can't remember it.)
That's exactly what Nuderaider suggested, too.
Going to do so now.
Also, you can delete your own post when the posting date was less than 5 minutes (or 3?) ago.

EDIT: DONE!

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Apr 10 2010, 3:30 am DavidJCobb Post #522

Got a small suggestion and a big one. Small suggestion: enable the WIKI tag in forum posts, to more smoothly integrate the two.

Big suggestion: the ability to: specify the size of an image; add a caption (to be displayed when fullviewing or when floated); and CSS-float an image off to the side. Perhaps something similar to the table syntax can be used, e.x. [img=URL|100px|left|O HAI THAR], with the properties being usable in any order. (Good regexes could identify them even with variable order.) Ideally, images floated to one side would also be cleared on that side (to prevent "stacked" floats). (Float left and clear left; ditto for right.)

I'm mainly suggesting this for the wiki, for cases like Units (Types) where being able to right-float, for example, the images of hallucinations and SCMDraft 2 choking on extended units would allow said images to be presented more effectively. (They could illustrate the subject without being laid out in such an aesthetically-unpleasing, counter-readability fashion.)

(MediaWiki has this. If we're not gonna use MediaWiki, we should at least make an effort to try and pwn its ass to the ground, amirite?)

None.

Apr 10 2010, 4:01 am payne Post #523

:payne:

Quote from DavidJCobb
Got a small suggestion and a big one. Small suggestion: enable the WIKI tag in forum posts, to more smoothly integrate the two.

Big suggestion: the ability to: specify the size of an image; add a caption (to be displayed when fullviewing or when floated); and CSS-float an image off to the side. Perhaps something similar to the table syntax can be used, e.x. [font=Courier][img=URL
This is what I get from quoting David... weird how it isn't the whole text. Maybe related to edits?
I wanted to quote him only to pin-point the code part and say "Huh ho, you'd better remove this before Devo gets mad! :P".

Anyways, I just wanted to ask if any image uploaded on the site that are in the Wiki or into the -first- post of theads could be saved permanently on SEN's server so we do not get these "deleted image" error that are so frustrating.

EDIT: Please fix the ANNOYING bug about the drafts in the Wiki. When you have one in progress, you are stuck with it for the rest of your life and cannot edit properly any new version of the Wiki article D=

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 10 2010, 4:06 am by payne.

None.

Apr 10 2010, 4:38 am DavidJCobb Post #524

The quote bug may be because I had to use a cheap hack (an empty bold tag) to prevent the IMG code from being parsed as a badly-formatted-yet-still-valid IMG tag. Speaking of which, a [nobb][/nobb] tag would be great for disabling all BBCode, smilies, and parsing in general (yielding only plain text) within its interior.

None.

Apr 10 2010, 11:30 am Devourer Post #525

Hello

The specific image sizes... will take a look.
And furthermore, you can disable BBcode so it will not parse!
It's a checkbox on the bototm left, you can disable smilies, bbcode and/or auto-urls. And signature. And you can even set where you want to be redirected.

However, the Wiki, I'll give it a shot when the DLDB is done.

Post has been edited 5 time(s), last time on Apr 10 2010, 12:00 pm by DeVouReR.

Apr 10 2010, 11:45 am NudeRaider Post #526

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

But that's post wide.
It'd be nice to have something like the code box but without the box.
Besides what's the difference between the [codebox] and [code] tags?

Apr 10 2010, 12:01 pm DavidJCobb Post #527

@Nude: One is a fixed size and scrolls. The other is variable-height and expands limitlessly. Forget which is which.

None.

Apr 10 2010, 12:22 pm Devourer Post #528

Hello

Picture one: 30width 100height.
Picture two: 222width 222height.
Picture three: normal.

Works with opera and firefox, please try other browsers and tell me whether it is working.
:)

Apr 10 2010, 1:50 pm DavidJCobb Post #529

[wiki=Units (Types)]TEST[/wiki]

Wiki links work.

None.

Apr 10 2010, 7:34 pm Ahli Post #530

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

I cannot add http:// things to my text with the button. Progress doesn't work too. E-Mail gets image size parameters added (that what you may have typed in before). Line write in other things you already entered before in other popups....

I am using Opera 10.
This is what I get after using most buttons and then use http:// again:
http://www.staredit.net/wiki/Kill_Scores|http://www.staredit.net/wiki/Kill_Scores|30]

Trigger code needs a Description. Would be cool if that wouldn't need everything to be displayed (e.g.: condition & actions only or only 1 of something; not needed entered things shouldn't be displayed then).

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 10 2010, 7:43 pm by Ahli.

Apr 10 2010, 8:18 pm Devourer Post #531

Hello

Quote from Ahli
I cannot add http:// things to my text with the button. Progress doesn't work too. E-Mail gets image size parameters added (that what you may have typed in before). Line write in other things you already entered before in other popups....

I am using Opera 10.
This is what I get after using most buttons and then use http:// again:
http://www.staredit.net/wiki/Kill_Scores|http://www.staredit.net/wiki/Kill_Scores|30]

Trigger code needs a Description. Would be cool if that wouldn't need everything to be displayed (e.g.: condition & actions only or only 1 of something; not needed entered things shouldn't be displayed then).
Fixed. And sorry for that.

Apr 12 2010, 8:12 pm poison_us Post #532

Back* from the grave

Quote from Devourer
Quote from Ahli
2. maybe some support for daylight saving time
What?
I think Ahli means that he wants SEN to account for DST changes (spring forward, fall back), rather than having to adjust your profile time. For example, USA's Eastern Coast time is GMT +5. During the fall, I have to set it to +4, to display all the times correctly, and during the fall I have to reset it to +5.

It looks like Ahli wants SEN to use the GMT variation, and have SEN automatically add or subtract the hour to avoid manually doing it.
Quote from Devourer
Works with opera and firefox, please try other browsers and tell me whether it is working.
:)
Chrome-compatible.

EDIT: The "link to Post" box hides behind videos. Might be a Chrome-only thing, though.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 12 2010, 8:57 pm by poison_us.

Apr 15 2010, 12:36 am Jack Post #533

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

It's be nice if down the bottom of a topic, there's the Staredit Network » Staredit Network » List of Known Bugs/Needed Features link list, so I don't have to scroll all the way up again to go to the index. But that's just a laziness thing, not a necessary.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Apr 15 2010, 1:29 am DavidJCobb Post #534

Recreation of the breadcrumb menu? I can see how that can be helpful. (Similar to the duplication of the page links and buttons at the bottom of topic pages.) AFAIK it should only take a database column (if it's optional) and a duplicated PHP function call (or code block, if the breadcrumb menu has not been abstracted into a function).

None.

Apr 15 2010, 2:23 am DavidJCobb Post #535

Bumping due to a bug that could be abused if discovered by idiots. Luckily, it's undocumented and not exactly intuitive.

All the COLOR tag does is hand off its value to the CSS color property of a generated SPAN. As a result, any valid CSS color may be used. Most (non-shitty) browsers support "transparent" as a color (primarily for use in border and background properties). This value can therefore be passed to COLOR tags and will render as such in most browsers, resulting in text that is displayed invisibly regardless of a viewer's chosen skin (or browser-/Stylish-based custom CSS). Obviously, the text is still selectable, as the value merely affects the color.

Transparent is unrecognized as a text color value on all versions of Internet Exploder, and all versions of Netscape (but who uses that anymore, amirite?). Additional information about compatibility was hard to come by on Google, as asshats keep confusing "transparent" with "opacity" despite the two being totally separate (one being a value keyword, the other being a property).

Now, this isn't exactly intuitive. Not many people would think to pass "transparent" as a value -- even in valid CSS, it isn't seen often. Furthermore, most idiots don't know dick about CSS. (Hell, most non-idiots don't know dick about CSS.) So unless this becomes widely-publicized, only those with basic knowledge of CSS (and those reading this post) will know about this exploit. (Hell, I didn't even know about this exploit until the thought randomly crossed my mind: I wonder if "transparent" works... I thought it would get parsed out.) So the risk of n00bs using this is low, if we keep it undocumented and if it isn't used rampantly by non-n00bs and those who read this post.

SUMMARY: CSS "transparent" color value supported by the COLOR BBCode. Dev's choice whether or not to fix it. I'd recommend not -- again, not widely-publicized, and unlikely to be used by n00bs (who often can't even figure out HTML, let alone CSS).

CSS RGBA colors can also be passed, though even fewer browsers support them. (It is not supported on FF2-, IE8-, or a few other random-ass browsers I've never heard of.) Links within RGBA-colored text are not affected (unless their own color is overriden, by using a color bbcode inside the URL BBCode).

This would be a very nice little (undocumented) quirk to have, even if it isn't cross-browser. If you (Dev) fear that it may be abused, you need only set a minimum on the fourth value (opacity, a decimal between 0 and 1).

Codes for the above: (as values of the COLOR tag)
rgba(<red>,<green>,<blue>,<opacity>)
<red>, <green>, and <blue> are integers from 0 to 255. <opacity> is a decimal from 0 to 1.
transparent
CSS keyword. The CSS3 spec says to treat it as rgba(0,0,0,0) -- a fully transparent color.

If you haven't already figured it out, select everything in my post and read it. :-|

None.

Apr 15 2010, 2:26 am An Engineering Bay Post #536

I find myself unable to use the shoutbox. I press Shout, the buttons become unclickable, the shout disappears, and... nothing.

None.

Apr 15 2010, 2:34 am DavidJCobb Post #537

Browser and OS version, please.

If you're using Firefox, do any errors from StarEdit.net appear in the Error Console (Tools>Error Console)? Try opening the Console, clearing it, sending a shout, and seeing if anything appears.

If you're using Internet Explorer, try turning on the "Display notifications about every script error" setting, shouting, and seeing if any errors appear.

In either case, if you see an error, please reproduce its details here. Chances are, it's either an incompatibility with your browser or a flaw in the site's JavaScript code.

If you don't see an error, then it may be that the shout simply isn't going through -- a network error. (Perhaps it's simply taking a while.) Note that the buttons will become clickable again even if the shout isn't finished going through. If they don't, please let us know -- it could indicate some kind of silent failure in the site's JavaScript code. (One time, I was deliberately trying to lag my connection to jam up a 360 that shared it... I sent a shout while downloading two 1GB files at once. Buttons became clickable long before the shout went through.)

None.

Apr 15 2010, 2:37 am An Engineering Bay Post #538

Current version of Firefox on Windows 7. No errors appear, even in Firebug. The buttons don't become clickable for at least a minute.

None.

Apr 15 2010, 3:56 am DavidJCobb Post #539

Ooh, a fellow Firebug user!

Try checking the Net panel, see if it shows the AJAX request. Set it to All -- IIRC SEN's AJAX doesn't show up under XHRs for some reason. Perhaps the request is silently failing for some reason.

None.

Apr 16 2010, 12:21 am An Engineering Bay Post #540

Apparently the shoutbox fail only happens at my house. I'd guess it's because I use a proxy because my dad wants me to. (He thinks it will help the antivirus out somehow. Dunno if that makes sense; I just do it anyway.)

Oh, a way to report shouts would be nice. eg this:
Norm -- Cecil you dumb noob lol
Norm -- Non-contibutive? bullshit
(After Cecil had deleted stupid heretical spam from Norm.)

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 25 26 27 28 2990 >
  Back to forum