Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Hallucinated Minerals
Hallucinated Minerals
Aug 25 2022, 4:43 am
By: Optimate  

Aug 25 2022, 4:43 am Optimate Post #1

How do you hallucinate mineral patches so they disappear after a minute into the game? I tried doing it on scmdraft but could not figure out how to do it.

None.

Aug 25 2022, 2:10 pm Sie_Sayoka Post #2

Select the unit and press enter. Check the hallucinated box.

None.

Aug 26 2022, 5:15 pm Optimate Post #3

Thank you but how come some maps I edit don't allow me to hallucinate mineral fields? How do I change the settings on scmdraft? Thanks.

None.

Aug 26 2022, 7:57 pm UndeadStar Post #4

What do you mean "don't allow"?
Are they unit sprites or pure sprites maybe? (not the same options available)

Aug 26 2022, 11:28 pm Optimate Post #5

https://i.postimg.cc/8cNsGf2G/Untitled.png

None.

Aug 27 2022, 12:06 am Ultraviolet Post #6

Is it because the mineral field is owned by P12?

Aug 27 2022, 5:35 am Optimate Post #7

Nope. Just tested that and other map mineral field is owned by p12 and still lets hallucinated just not certain maps dont allow it.

None.

Aug 27 2022, 6:34 am UndeadStar Post #8

I can reproduce it:
* Mineral fields already on the map when opening it cannot be set to Hallucinated
* Mineral fields added by SCMDraft can be set to Hallucinated
* StarEdit can't set Hallucinated, even on maps where resources were placed by SCMDraft
* Reopening a map with SCMDraft where resources were added by SCMDraft will allow to set Hallucinated to those resources (so whatever is different is saved, though it doesn't affect StarEdit)

edit 2022-08-28:

Another interesting thing:
1. I checked StarEdit help file, and it was saying if selecting multiple units, properties that apply to at least 1 unit will be available for change.
2. I tried hallucinating minerals that way in StarEdit by adding a normal unit nearby. While the hallucinated checkbox did become available, the effect didn't apply to the minerals.
3. I decided to try that in SCMDraft, but there it acted in a contradictory way: the "resources" field was available despite a BattleCruiser being part of the selection, but "Hallucinate" was greyed even though it should be possible thanks to the BC.
4. Maybe there really is a SCMDraft weird bug here after all.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 28 2022, 11:24 am by UndeadStar.

Aug 27 2022, 4:05 pm Optimate Post #9

Pretty cool, thanks for figuring it out!

None.

Options
  Back to forum