Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Yaboi needs help
Yaboi needs help
Jan 26 2020, 8:27 pm
By: Flemy  

Jan 26 2020, 8:27 pm Flemy Post #1

xd pooop

Recently just started to delve deeper into Starcraft map making and have gotten to the point where I'm starting to learn more "advance" topics like EUD and Unit Editing stuff.

What I'm trying to accomplish is editing units/attack stats through DatEdit v1.5.

This question might be very simple but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

I can't seem to start up SCMDraft2 with this MPQ file that I've popped out from DatEdit v1.5d

After googling around a post on here said that 3 other MPQ files are necessary but I can't find these files anywhere.
stardat.mpq
broodat.mpq
patch_rt.mpq

These are the errors that pops up when I launch SCMDraft with just the custom unit MPQ file I've made.

Please help and thank you.

If anything, how do I properly change/"create" unit abilities and stats.

=== EDIT ===

Not sure if this latter part changes anything but after dabbling with naming the file and placing it in my starcraft directory, these pop ups happen.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Jan 26 2020, 10:33 pm by Flemy.

hey its me :)

Jan 27 2020, 12:00 am Flemy Post #2

xd pooop

After 25 years of researching more, I found out the answers to my problems. Thanks to all who replied, mainly me. :)

hey its me :)

Jan 27 2020, 5:40 pm Oh_Man Post #3

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

good job mate

Options
  Back to forum