Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: PyMS - Download, Support, and Maintenance
PyMS - Download, Support, and Maintenance
Jan 10 2019, 9:08 pm
By: poiuy_qwert  

Jan 19 2019, 8:31 am Pr0nogo Post #21

Added a few new issues related to PyMPQ. Also found some problems with PyDAT but haven't found time to reproduce them:

-"sometimes" changing info in units.dat doesn't mark the file as unsaved (I changed air weapon and air max hits in alan schezar's entry).
-if you edit an entry and then copy & paste it, it pastes the values before your edits (may only happen after saving, only found it in weapons.dat so far while editing twin autocannons and pasting over the hero variant of the attack)
-after selecting orderid 154 in orders.dat, moving up and down with arrow keys updates id selected, but doesn't change loaded stats (you have to left click on the entry to update the stats)

Jan 23 2019, 2:55 am Cool-Knight Post #22

PyMPQ crashes when I extract any files.
Error log.
Code
Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "C:\Python27\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 1537, in __call__
   return self.func(*args)
 File "D:\StarCraft Stuff\PyMS-master\PyMS-master\PyMPQ.pyw", line 1087, in extract
   r = SFileReadFile(fh)
 File "D:\StarCraft Stuff\PyMS-master\PyMS-master\Libs\SFmpq.py", line 379, in SFileReadFile
   if _SFmpq.SFileReadFile(file, byref(data, total_read), read-total_read, byref(r), None):
WindowsError: exception: access violation reading 0xFFFFFFFFFA6678CF

Also: There is a tiny bug in PYAI edit.
If you miss type any of these = crash.

Code
--<TMCx 0000 (Forgot the the other 2 dashes. And had it goto --TMXc 0000 with no 2 dashes. = crash.
And/or crash if you don't have anything for goto = crash.

I make StarCraft BroodWar Maps! Servers I'm On: USEast/USWest!

You can also find me at. My Website! My Akas: SHANE-009

Follows and obey SEN Rules:  http://www.staredit.net/site/faq/2/

Jan 23 2019, 3:16 am Pr0nogo Post #23

The PyMPQ crash is from exporting sound files imported with WinMPQ. At least for me, exporting any other file works fine. I reported this earlier this week: https://github.com/poiuyqwert/PyMS/issues/116

PyAI shouldn't behave that way, that's strange. It should just warn you of syntax errors. I don't use that build's PyAI so I don't know if it's reproducible.

Mar 18 2019, 6:52 pm Corbo Post #24

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

I found easier to get PIL from this link and not from anywhere you posted in your documentation or official python site:

easy installation too

https://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/

fuck you all

Options
  Back to forum