Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: The Architect RPG
The Architect RPG
Aug 5 2017, 12:20 pm
By: Oh_Man  

Oct 24 2017, 4:42 pm Oh_Man Post #21

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Thanks all.

I have been informed of a new patch that has modified the behaviour of grey text in Starcraft and Remaster. Due to this my inventory system is now effectively broken (it still works but you can't see what item you have selected because everything is grey). I am working on a patch that will replace all grey text and also I am implementing some file size reduction methods so people can more easily download this map over battlenet.

Quote from m.0.n.3.y
Not sure if that's how you meant it to be Oh_Man, but that's how I got through it.
Yes Everburn Lures are designed to help you get away from the mobs so you can explore more easily. There are also some defensive spells that will help you such as Teleport, Snap Freeze, Silence and Smoke Bomb.

Quote from m.0.n.3.y
I bet all of the actual walking and gameplay parts could fit in a map half the size of 256x256.
When I first set out to create this RPG I had planned for it to be a complete story with multiple towns and wildernesses to explore. However due to string limitations I was held back with what I wanted to do. That's why the content in the map is concentrated into a small area.

Quote from m.0.n.3.y
How many Acts do you intend to make? This was only Act 1 right?
I had planned for three acts however I can't say when they will come out if ever. Mapping is a fun hobby but unfortunately I have time constraints due to realities of life and can only work at a certain speed.

Oct 27 2017, 4:16 pm m.0.n.3.y Post #22

Quote from Oh_Man
Quote from m.0.n.3.y
How many Acts do you intend to make? This was only Act 1 right?
I had planned for three acts however I can't say when they will come out if ever. Mapping is a fun hobby but unfortunately I have time constraints due to realities of life and can only work at a certain speed.
You need to get on that donations grind to fund your projects lol

None.

Feb 3 2018, 1:25 pm Yeuo Post #23

Hello everyone, I4m stuck at the obelisk ( optional quest I believe) in the caves, last one that says :
Arcane arts are the key to this quest.
Obsidian relics are merely a tool.
Spells alone must pass this test.
Can't you see, you foolish fool?

None.

Feb 3 2018, 2:55 pm Dem0n Post #24

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Is that in the room with the crystals? If so, you can only move when the crystals are blue (or maybe pink, one of those), and have to stand still otherwise.

Memes gather, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the memer on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of memes. I pledge my life and honor to the Meme's Watch, for this meme and all the memes to come.

Feb 3 2018, 5:02 pm Yeuo Post #25

No, it is after, in the cave, ( there is a quest for them - from a boy in a tree, the quest is called exile) It's where I'm on the pictures, it's the last of the 5 monolith but can't figure that puzzle/riddle :(

None.

Feb 4 2018, 6:58 am Oh_Man Post #26

Interact with the Relic, then select Stargate, then press A - O - S - C.

Feb 4 2018, 10:07 am Yeuo Post #27

Thanks a lot :D

None.

May 16 2018, 7:32 pm flewk Post #28

What about the Monolith that tells you to "give them what they want"?

I do not understand the hints at all. Could figure out the others slowly...

I was thinking using consumables since one seems to be in pain (herb) and the other asks for the difference between mage and man (ether), but I'm not sure which consumable gets rid of darkness.

Edit 1: Oh. Figured it out. Lure gets rid of darkness.

Edit 2: How do I get full hp after reaching max level? Is it just equipping as much vitality % as possible?

Edit 3: Game crapped out on the Deep One. I think my hero died, but mercenary was still alive. I became stuck.

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on May 16 2018, 8:21 pm by flewk.

None.

May 19 2018, 5:37 am Oh_Man Post #29

I'm sorry to hear that. I've gotta track down that bug and fix it.

May 21 2018, 2:21 pm flewk Post #30

Honestly, my first time through was a crapshoot, so I didn't mind starting again (ex: didn't even realize I could master spells the first time through).

None.

Jul 5 2018, 2:00 pm ScOULaris Post #31

Had to give The Architect a shout-out on the official forums. Still the best.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20765497287#1

None.

Options
  Back to forum