Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: Starcraft: Mass Recall
Starcraft: Mass Recall
Dec 1 2015, 3:09 pm
By: JCarrill0  

Dec 1 2015, 3:09 pm JCarrill0 Post #1

Note - I searched the forums but saw NO TOPIC about this so I decided to post one.

Direct link: Starcraft: Mass Recall
StarCraft: Mass Recall is a recreation of the StarCraft and StarCraft: Brood War campaigns (including the hidden missions), along with the Resurrection IV map, in the StarCraft II engine. The project is complete and is hosted on SC2Mapster.

I originally found out about this due to the MANY SC2BW maps I would download that was made by Maverick. (until it became a Mod for every map!)

Recently they updated the latest version around Thanksgiving and I haven't played since they updated it to HOTS, so I been in love all over again :inlove:

Edit: I love how I can play it online as well!

Dec 27 2015, 12:31 pm NudeRaider Post #2

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

This may sound blasphemous, but is there any benefit of playing it in sc2 over sc1?

2 vital questions:
- Did they reintroduce sc1 armor and high ground mechanics?
- And can you slow down gameplay like in sc1 to give detailed orders?

Also I believe they changed the voices for some characters. If I am correct, did they copy over all the original voices, or did they redo with the sc2 voice?

Dec 27 2015, 12:48 pm Oh_Man Post #3

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Why are the graphics so bad in the trailer? Like the guy recording was running SC on low or something.

Dec 27 2015, 2:44 pm JCarrill0 Post #4

I think perhaps you should check it out to answer your questions, from what I have seen, I liked the method they have done and used, and it makes a really nice game experience, holding out for doubt only confuses you more, if your hesitant to play, then don't :)

Dec 27 2015, 4:16 pm Pr0nogo Post #5

Quote from NudeRaider
2 vital questions:
- Did they reintroduce sc1 armor and high ground mechanics?
- And can you slow down gameplay like in sc1 to give detailed orders?

-That's not possible to do in sc2 without exhaustive triggering, most likely. I know they did not incorporate it into this project.
-You could always lower the game speed in sc2 singleplayer, at least to my knowledge. Shouldn't be different in sc2.

Dec 27 2015, 5:18 pm NudeRaider Post #6

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Pr0nogo
-You could always lower the game speed in sc2 singleplayer, at least to my knowledge. Shouldn't be different in sc2.
You could?! BIG NEWS! How? I've been missing that feature so hard.

Dec 27 2015, 7:43 pm Undead-Fox Post #7

Quote from NudeRaider
Quote from Pr0nogo
I always just hit the - and + on the Numpad to change my speed settings. o.o

None.

Dec 28 2015, 3:31 am NudeRaider Post #8

Quote from Undead-Fox
Quote from NudeRaider
Quote from Pr0nogo
I always just hit the - and + on the Numpad to change my speed settings. o.o
Oh. Like in sc1. I've tried that but nothing happened.
So either it wasn't implemented in WoL (and I don't think I've tried again) or it I was on Brutal difficulty. The minimum speed depends on the difficulty level and on Brutal you can only play at Fastest (just tested that). Too bad then, because I always play Hard or Brutal and that's both increased speed, much faster than I'd need to properly control my units. :(

Options
  Back to forum