Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Polygamy
Polygamy
Jan 20 2013, 7:17 pm
By: rayNimagi  
Polls
If polygamy was legal, would you want to have more than one husband and/or wife?
If polygamy was legal, would you want to have more than one husband and/or wife?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Yes 7

34%
No 11

53%
No, but I would not mind if my spouse had multiple partners. 0

0%
None.
Other 3

15%
Please login to vote.
Poll has 21 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Jan 24 2013, 4:04 am Vrael Post #21

Quote from BiOAtK
Quote from Vrael
Quote from Lanthanide
Quote from Sacrieur
we also have license bestial marriages too, as to not discriminate any religion.
Erm, not really. Just because some religion exists somewhere that espouses some particular thing, doesn't mean the government must allow it or make it legal to do that. If that were the case, there'd be all sorts of religions around doing everything under the sun to get around government regulation: the religion of "not wearing seatbelts in cars" and the religion of "drunk driving" etc.
Clearly you've never heard of Rastafarianism which in short is the movement to make pot into a religion and therefore get around government regulations. In the US we have this lulzy thing called "the 1st amendment" which says our congress "shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" which means what you said already happens all the time lolololol.
Ugh, everything you posted is so wrong. The Rastafari is not at all a movement to "make pot into a religion." Just... ugh. That is so ignorant.
Also, the 1st Amendment ("no law respecting an establishment of religion") has been interpreted in quite the opposite -- the government is not allowed to make exceptions to laws regarding drugs for religions, in the same way polygamy is not legal even though it is a part of some religions. (See Neo-American Church, League of Spiritual Discovery, and Timothy Leary)
Sorry for going so far off-topic, but I couldn't let that go by without saying something.
Bob Marley rulessssss maaaaaaaannnnn!!!!!!!

None.

Jan 24 2013, 4:51 am TiKels Post #22

Actually he goes by Snoop Lion now, Vrael.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Jan 25 2013, 3:02 am BiOAtK Post #23

Quote from Vrael
Quote from BiOAtK
Quote from Vrael
Quote from Lanthanide
Quote from Sacrieur
we also have license bestial marriages too, as to not discriminate any religion.
Erm, not really. Just because some religion exists somewhere that espouses some particular thing, doesn't mean the government must allow it or make it legal to do that. If that were the case, there'd be all sorts of religions around doing everything under the sun to get around government regulation: the religion of "not wearing seatbelts in cars" and the religion of "drunk driving" etc.
Clearly you've never heard of Rastafarianism which in short is the movement to make pot into a religion and therefore get around government regulations. In the US we have this lulzy thing called "the 1st amendment" which says our congress "shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" which means what you said already happens all the time lolololol.
Ugh, everything you posted is so wrong. The Rastafari is not at all a movement to "make pot into a religion." Just... ugh. That is so ignorant.
Also, the 1st Amendment ("no law respecting an establishment of religion") has been interpreted in quite the opposite -- the government is not allowed to make exceptions to laws regarding drugs for religions, in the same way polygamy is not legal even though it is a part of some religions. (See Neo-American Church, League of Spiritual Discovery, and Timothy Leary)
Sorry for going so far off-topic, but I couldn't let that go by without saying something.
You're really an idiot sometimes.

None.

Jan 25 2013, 4:13 am Lanthanide Post #24

Quote from BiOAtK
Quote from Vrael
You're really an idiot sometimes.
I just assumed he was being a troll, hence why I didn't reply.

None.

Options
  Back to forum